• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ho Ho Ho, bring on the Christmas covers
2 2

861 posts in this topic

The turkey leftovers are gone. Maybe it's time to revive this thread.

From 1954 to 1962, Western Publishing produced Christmas giveaway comics for Ford Motor Company, to be distributed at the famous Ford Rotunda. Some have great wraparound covers. Some issues contain comic art by noted children's book artist Richard Scarry. Most have some puzzle/activity/coloring pages. A couple of the later issues have more illustrated story content than comics.

Limited distribution, puzzles and coloring pages that were often completed, and demand by car collectors make these tough to locate in condition. The Guide has recently included them in the promo comic section, but the listed prices seem pretty low.

1954 issue

Pyromaniac giant bunny! :o

A ton of great covers in there, so many comics I have never seen before. Thanks so much for posting them all!
I agree! I am especially enjoying the giveaways! :cloud9:

You are both certainly welcome! I'm glad you're enjoying them. It's an honor to be able to share these with some of the most discerning collectors on the planet!