• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cheap ASM #129, 300, Hulk #181, X-Men 94 & IF#14 on ebay?

26 posts in this topic

:hi: Hi all thought I should post this hear for some reason. Last Night I found a Listing for a NM ASM #300 for $29.20 Link: Cheap NM ASM #300 which is a great deal, It has a picture of a CGC graded 9.0 but not much in the discription so I figure I should play it safe and email the seller to see if the one in the picture was the one I would be getting. He gets back to me real fast and says Yes it is the book in the picture, so I go right back to the auction to buy, but I am too Late someone beat me to it. He also had a nice Iron Fist #14 cheap too but it is gone also by now. I would not have thought anything more about it but a few hours Later he list a ASM #129 in VF/NM for $29 so as soon as I see it I hit the Buy it Now but I am too Late again some one must have beat me too it by seconds "which just might be a good thing". Well after that I decide to check his ebay Store to see if he has any more great deals and find nothing all that interesting to me, so then I think wonder what all he has already sold and I check his completed Auctions and this is where stuff starts to look very fishy seems he has sold Lots of ASM #121, 122, 129, 300, Hulk #181, Iron Fist #14, X-Men #94 and others and they all seem to have the same pictures. Link: Sellers Completed Auctions Now I don't know if this seller has done anything wrong or if he is completely Legit but I thought I should post this just in case, if he is Legit he must have had quite a collection for sale. (shrug)

If a deals seems too good to be true, it is probably a scam. I think you lucked out in not hitting the BIN in time. Around the Holidays there are often many scammers that crawl out from under their rocks to make some illegal Holiday cash.

Caveat emptor...

also check his feedback. 5 recent negs accusing him of ripping people off and a low feedback score to boot (33) Looks like this account has either been hijacked for purpose of scamming or was created expressly for that purpose. REad the feedback comments... some of them seem self generated to me.

Maybe it's just me but I think a buyer must be a fool to buy that book from that seller after looking at the seller's feedback.

When your feedback numbers are this bad, I thought eBay suspends you. (shrug)

2cr9386.jpg

I certainly think he deserves suspension. Even a fair number of his positive feedback has negative comments.

I saw these too. But why not just put them in auction format? Or double the Buy it now? They'd still sell.

(I did the same thing, e-mailing him) about a Hulk 181 he had listed. Listed as VF, probably a G+, but even so, would've been a good deal....if he actually sent it.

hm still wonder if this ebay seller might just be Legit, he ended his Listing for the CGC 7.5 Amazing Fantasy #15 Auction Listing says item is no longer available for sale, wonder if he sold it.

(shrug) Maybe the Guy just Horded Lots of Key books and is now trying to sell them all off and is too Lazy to change the pictures and is very bad at cominucating with customers. :baiting::whistle:

hm still wonder if this ebay seller might just be Legit, he ended his Listing for the CGC 7.5 Amazing Fantasy #15 Auction Listing says item is no longer available for sale, wonder if he sold it.

(shrug) Maybe the Guy just Horded Lots of Key books and is now trying to sell them all off and is too Lazy to change the pictures and is very bad at cominucating with customers. :baiting::whistle:

Why don't you risk the $30 or $60 to see how legit he really is (shrug)