• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tomorrow's Treasures

207 posts in this topic

You realize you could have shipped it to Matt and had him check it out for $3?

You realize when you do that, you have no guarantee it's not going to come back restored (and I'm saying this from personal experience)...Your only guarantee if you want to make sure it's not restored according to CGC, is to send it to CGC

+1

I really like Matt and he's very good at what he does, but nobody's perfect. This is why he offers a credit for pressing fees on books with missed resto.

Well, if he does, this must be new and good for him. I sent in 2 rather expensive books (not to be pressed) one to be expressly checked for resto, one to have resto removed. Both came back Plods and at the time, there was no offer, no mention of an offer and no discussion of an offer...as a matter of fact, if I chose to have him look for the resto he missed on one of the books, the shipping and CGC fees were my problem.

We did have a long discussion after a very recent thread so perhaps he's updated his approach. That would be terrific.

Sorry to hear that Sharon! I've never had a problem like this personally, so I don't know from experience. That comment was based only on what I saw here under "Downgrades and Missed Restoration"

Perhaps that was recently updated, because my Wonder Woman #1 came back lower after a "pressing" (it was restored already and he was putting the pages back in order and suggested pressing). At that time, I was told he would "repress it" but I would have to pay for it...that was a few years ago. I declined.

If he's updated some of his stuff after our last discussion, that's great, always nice to see progress....the CGC fees are still your responsibility though, and that's expensive.

anyway, lol...did not mean for this to be a classics conversation, I was just responding to your statement...I need to leave anyway.

Richard received the comic and issued my refund yesterday. He was more than nice about the refund.

I'm impressed.

Congrats. It's always a relief to get something like this settled. Richard did the right thing and you are happy but I would still avoid him. It's just not worth it.

Can you honestly say you would not be worried about any purchase from him

before sending it to CGC ? There are too many good dealers out there who do not specialize in restored books. You don't need to buy from Richard.

Richard received the comic and issued my refund yesterday. He was more than nice about the refund.

I'm impressed.

Congrats. It's always a relief to get something like this settled. Richard did the right thing and you are happy but I would still avoid him. It's just not worth it.

Can you honestly say you would not be worried about any purchase from him

before sending it to CGC ? There are too many good dealers out there who do not specialize in restored books. You don't need to buy from Richard.

I hear you and totally understand. I agree that is just isn't worth it...however he did do the right thing. And for that I commend him. :golfclap:

I have found that most dealers are friendly if you spend lots of money at their shop.

But I wouldn't do that to make them happy.

If you are serious about buying something, then you won't have a problem getting their attention.

Some people just take a little time to warm up.

They are at work and not at play so try to think about how you feel at work, i.e.,

a little more serious and a little less chatty, unless something is going on.

My take on the situation.

bb

Wise words. Sometimes people forget about that at a con and will chat a dealer up for long periods without any desire to make a purchase. Remember, they have a day or two to make sells, not chat. I love to chat when I'm selling at a con, but never at the cost of neglecting potential buyers who might walk away if you're too 'busy' chatting. 2c

He and I were miles apart on the price of one of his books,he asking full price and then some for a VF book that is clearly restored. Maybe where I went wrong with him in my offer to purchase the book he admitted he resealed a tear on, was asking if he would refund my money if it came back from CGC as a restored book since he didn't think it was restored. :)