• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tomorrow's Treasures

207 posts in this topic

I think everything that can be said about Richie has. Dealers seem to be able to deal with him and tolerate him far better than many regular customers.

This year in Philly two dealers made a killing on books Richie had sitting at his booth the entire weekend. He cut them great deals and I think they turned out to be home runs for both guys.

I saw the same books but had to pass as I generally go past Richie's booth. Probably cost me thousands of dollars too. That being said, you definitely hear good things about Richie as well from guys who have known him a long time.

a dealer living thousands on the table, I doubt it.

I think everything that can be said about Richie has. Dealers seem to be able to deal with him and tolerate him far better than many regular customers.

This year in Philly two dealers made a killing on books Richie had sitting at his booth the entire weekend. He cut them great deals and I think they turned out to be home runs for both guys.

I saw the same books but had to pass as I generally go past Richie's booth. Probably cost me thousands of dollars too. That being said, you definitely hear good things about Richie as well from guys who have known him a long time.

lol

happens every day my friend, every day. In the reference above, I know the purchase price, the dealer who bought it, what it slabbed, and what it's going for now and what GPA has it at. Thousands is right.

What good's a killer deal if the dealer dealing it is a cheat?

Please share the details...

It always bothers me to see people I respect speak well of people who have stolen from me.

Ah well. Human nature, I guess.

I bought a Detective #265 from Muchin, graded "Good+", with the words "cover attached" in the description. Right up my alley.

The book I received had the cover completely separated, front and back cover separated from each other, and the whole thing completely taped back to the book.

When I asked him about it, I was treated with the hostility that is typical of purposeful overgraders on eBay.

Does anyone *really* think that a book with a detached cover, back cover and front cover torn apart at the spine, and taped back together, is going to be graded a 2.5 at CGC...?

Ah well. At least it was a cheap book.

I have actually had a couple of books that had completely split and separated covers neatly taped back to the book receive cgc 2.5....just a general observation ...not defending any book or situation in particular as every book is different etc

I have actually had a couple of books that had completely split and separated covers neatly taped back to the book receive cgc 2.5....just a general observation ...not defending any book or situation in particular as every book is different etc

Or how about a top staple popped on a Captain America 1, only to have a small piece of tape applied and the book resubmitted to actually receive a full grade higher? hm

Or how about a top staple popped on a Captain America 1, only to have a small piece of tape applied and the book resubmitted to actually receive a full grade higher? hm

:frustrated:

lol

happens every day my friend, every day. In the reference above, I know the purchase price, the dealer who bought it, what it slabbed, and what it's going for now and what GPA has it at. Thousands is right.

jeez, I better start hitting comic shows.

Well I had heard a few rumors (hopefully this is not true!) that if you have someone who is a friend of someone in the inner circles of cgc you would surely get a bump up in grade

Well I had heard a few rumors (hopefully this is not true!) that if you have someone who is a friend of someone in the inner circles of cgc you would surely get a bump up in grade

You don't have to have a friend. My one bone of contention with CGC is the way that they grade books with tape. In my mind, a detached cover should grade no lower than a cover attached with damaging tape. If a cover isn't attached by the staples, it ain't attached.

You don't have to have a friend. My one bone of contention with CGC is the way that they grade books with tape. In my mind, a detached cover should grade no lower than a cover attached with damaging tape. If a cover isn't attached by the staples, it ain't attached.

A major bone... "cover reattached with tape" = "cover detached and harmful additive further degrading comic." I am 100 % with you on this one.

I can't agree more with you about tape and detached cover.

But Cgc says tape is my friend = blue label: :baiting:

act14tape.jpg

i like this one; don't have to see that annoying side-bar of supes. now, if the little image was encirlcled by whitecaps, that would be a whole 'nother story.