• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tomorrow's Treasures

207 posts in this topic

I can't agree more with you about tape and detached cover.

But Cgc says tape is my friend = blue label: :baiting:

act14tape.jpg

A perfect example of a book that could use a good pressing. (thumbs u

I wonder how many pieces it would be in after that (shrug) GOD BLESS...

-jimbo( a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

ITS NEAR CONVENTION AND I'M AFRAID TO EVEN SEE THE GUY.I'M AFRAID THAT I'LL GET INTO A FIGHT WITH HIM.

Hands down funniest post of the year.

I don't get it (shrug)

ITS NEAR CONVENTION AND I'M AFRAID TO EVEN SEE THE GUY.I'M AFRAID THAT I'LL GET INTO A FIGHT WITH HIM.

Hands down funniest post of the year.

I don't get it (shrug)

Because it's so out of left field, my friend. :gossip:

HE HAS A SHORT TEMPER.YOU CAN'T DISAGREE WITH HIM.
Why are you yelling? As far as I know, most of us can hear just fine.

say again?

MOST OF US CAN HEAR JUST FINE.

I have actually had a couple of books that had completely split and separated covers neatly taped back to the book receive cgc 2.5....just a general observation ...not defending any book or situation in particular as every book is different etc

When a seller states "cover still attached", it generally means...ya know...the cover is still attached to the staples...

And this book wouldn't qualify either way.

;)

He blocked me. I think for making too many offers. Why have the"Best Offer" option then. I don't think he is a very personable individual.

Some people have good experiences (mostly old time dealers and collectors) and some have horrid. Richie has been thrown out and banned from a number of east coast shows. But dealers and older collectors have a different relationship and appreciation for his somewhat odd behavior. He's not friendly to deal with unless you catch him at the right time, he doesn't always disclose restoration (because it may not be restoration in his warped world) and don't dare challenge him on something regarding price.

I'd say the guy is probably not exactly a well adjusted fellow.

That being said, the disconnect from the "I've had a good Richie experience" and the negative tend to be, as I mentioned above, dealers and older collectors who he likes. It definitely is like the soup nazi in a lot of ways. The only difference is, there's too many other guys with great soup, I don't need his.