• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tec #31 CGC 0.5 fetches $3400 Wow!

90 posts in this topic

tec31.jpg

I can't think of a book that better represents and defines the Golden Age than Tec 31.....it really has it all

Yes you can :gossip: (Bat 1)

I hear 'ya Ciorac, but the reason I still like Tec 31 better then Bat 1 ( although Bat 1 is a much bigger Key ) is due to its well deserved "Classic Cover" -- (one of the greatest of all) designation.

Plus, I think that Detective Comics better captures the essence of the GA then the Batman title. I'd rather own a Bat 1, but still like Tec 31 in the area of "representing and glorifying" the Golden Age

:cry:

lol

I agree: If I were to begin collector Bats or Supes it would be in the titles they first appeared. I'd much rather have the Actions & Detectives........besides, Bat #1 is over-rated. :baiting:

tec31.jpg

I can't think of a book that better represents and defines the Golden Age than Tec 31.....it really has it all

I hear 'ya Ciorac, but the reason I still like Tec 31 better then Bat 1 ( although Bat 1 is a much bigger Key ) is due to its well deserved "Classic Cover" -- (one of the greatest of all) designation.

Plus, I think that Detective Comics better captures the essence of the GA then the Batman title. I'd rather own a Bat 1, but still like Tec 31 in the area of "representing and glorifying" the Golden Age

:cry:

lol

I agree: If I were to begin collector Bats or Supes it would be in the titles they first appeared. I'd much rather have the Actions & Detectives........besides, Bat #1 is over-rated. :baiting:

You're dead to me Bob.....

:sorry:

tec31.jpg

In my mind, the Golden Age is so tied to the war, it's the classic war covers that best represent the era.

tec31.jpg

In my mind, the Golden Age is so tied to the war, it's the classic war covers that best represent the era.

Looks like someone should start a new thread, asking the question: Which single book best represents the entire Golden Age of comics, and why?

( in the time it took to type this, I could have just started the thread :makepoint:)

tec31.jpg

Bill, I know you love Bat 1, but I like Tec 31 better. For some reason, I've not been a big Robin fan the past few years, and I prefer the Pre-Rob Tecs over the Batman title...1st Joker App is pretty cool though...That said, I'd still like to own a Bat 1 again someday, but I'm hoping for a Tec 31 soon :wishluck:

Just joining the party, fashionably late of course........................

detective31.jpg

FISH

PS I believe it graded out as 1.8 before I cracked it ... are you saying that could translate to 10Kish now ?

FISH! My old copy! Yah, it was a 1.8 Blue...maybe $7000 on the high end? 2c

thats a nice 1.8 :o

im guessing the detached cover is what brough it down....

:golfclap:

:gossip: pq

Yah, which is why I had to return it :cry: at what I had into it. The cover is attached. I'm glad it found a good home :foryou: The colors are very strong for a low grade..I hope to find a suitable copy for me this year :wishluck:

Yah, which is why I had to return it :cry: at what I had into it. The cover is attached. I'm glad it found a good home :foryou: The colors are very strong for a low grade..I hope to find a suitable copy for me this year :wishluck:

Is that the copy you got from Harley?

detective31.jpg

FISH

PS I believe it graded out as 1.8 before I cracked it ... are you saying that could translate to 10Kish now ?

If the pages are okay I bet this would fetch more than $7,000. Not that I would want to do it but someone could tape the cover on and it mght fetch a 2.0-2.5 grade, seen it happen before.

detective31.jpg

FISH

If the pages are okay I bet this would fetch more than $7,000. Not that I would want to do it but someone could tape the cover on and it mght fetch a 2.0-2.5 grade, seen it happen before.

The cover was attached when I owned it. I assume it still is. :P CGC hammered the PQ and overall grade :P I got the book thinking it would garner a 2.5/3.0.

Is that the copy you got from Harley?

yep.

detective31.jpg

FISH

The cover was attached when I owned it. I assume it still is. :P CGC hammered the PQ and overall grade :P I got the book thinking it would garner a 2.5/3.0.

Just chiming in....it's still as PT left it, cover attached, but I believe GCG had it as "slighlty brittle" (I love that, slightly!!). Both PT and myself have chatted and, I guess we are no GCG experts, but man I wouldn't have guessed it a 1.8 thumbing thru it. I bought it raw, and I suppose I paid fair market value (I know PT didn't at the time!), but pages looked nice enough to me. Anyway, it's a TEC #31 and I think I will re-submit it one day to see if they give it the same grade (I suppose they'll have an easy time recognizing it and grading it with the writing on the front! )

FISH

detective31.jpg

FISH

Just chiming in....it's still as PT left it, cover attached, but I believe GCG had it as "slighlty brittle" (I love that, slightly!!). Both PT and myself have chatted and, I guess we are no GCG experts, but man I wouldn't have guessed it a 1.8 thumbing thru it. I bought it raw, and I suppose I paid fair market value (I know PT didn't at the time!), but pages looked nice enough to me. Anyway, it's a TEC #31 and I think I will re-submit it one day to see if they give it the same grade (I suppose they'll have an easy time recognizing it and grading it with the writing on the front! )

FISH

that is the beautiful thing about "slightly" brittle... 99% of the PQ can be diamonds, but one little part can be brittling, and it gets the slightly brittle cgc notation... you did great with it Fish... I almost bought it in Chicago last year when it was back in harley's booth (or maybe it was Mega con, can't remember)... very attractively priced and the pages were generally cream, with a little problem at spine, if I recall (thumbs u