• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Are Your COLLECTING GOALS for 2009?

104 posts in this topic

I have modest collecting goals, as usual.

I will continue buying moderns from my pull list and My son and myself have decided to collect the USM run. He is only 7 but he really loves that title so we are going to slowly piece it together. I will also continue to buy some older issues of my favorite titles TOD, Conan, Archie, Batman, Spiderman. I am also starting to pickup a few CGC SS books. I am going to try and get a nice autographed cover of each of my favorite writers and artist.

I will continue to pare down my collection to only Mike Grell books. Conitnue upgrading The Warlord books.

Begin working on Savage Sword of Conan

I am toying with starting a Bronze/Copper/Modern UXM collection. I have a modest start already so might be fun.

Buy one piece of choice OA.

All in all they are modest goals and easily fit in to my somewhat busy schedule. I do hope to attend at least one con this year.

I'd like to finalize my want list.

I'd also like to finally finish organizing the collection I already own, which includes logging each issues into my database, scanning each non-modern issue, and organizing the boxes and boxes of comics.

Finishing a set would be nice, too. I have one issue missing from my modest Red Sonja run. One missing from my even more modest Indiana Jones run. And about 15 from my Warlord run. Why I can't finish a set is beyond me.

Put together a HG (9.4 or better) set of McFarlane Spideys.

Be well along my way putting together a nice set of Conans, issues 1-50.

As always, I'm striving to acquire every pre-code horror comic published, in reader condition. Since that is not likely to happen in a calendar year even if I were to somehow win the lottery, the "realistic" goal for 2009 will be to snatch up the 50 or so issues I need to complete titles starting with the letter "A." :wishluck:

Complete my Shock Suspenstories run (3 issues left!).

Get to 50 mid-high grade ECs (from 40).

Continue to tell the wife they are investments :whistle:

Convince the wife they are investments.

I have modest collecting goals, as usual.

Mine are even more modest.

I hope to finally be able to actually buy a few comics.

Finances have been so screwed the past couple years that I have not added one book to my collection since 2006 (I think)

If that happens, I want to grab some more foreign Conan copies.

And hopefully another price variant that is Conan related.

As always, I'm striving to acquire every pre-code horror comic published, in reader condition. Since that is not likely to happen in a calendar year even if I were to somehow win the lottery, the "realistic" goal for 2009 will be to snatch up the 50 or so issues I need to complete titles starting with the letter "A." :wishluck:

That will be a VERY cool collection!

I never stick to them but:

1. Pull out the Bronze and Silver, bag board in Mylar and catalog.

2. Pull out what I want to keep otherwise.

3. Sell to some boardie who wants to be good to me and get a great collection.

4. Change my mind yet again.

5. Maybe hit a show and buy a back issue.

1. sell off my entire copper/modern colection

2. keep working on my Planet and Superman GA runs.

My collecting goals will be the same....but I spent too much this year and will have to have a slow year in 2009. My goals are to have one or two higher grade examples of my favorite GA and SA titles.I go for issues that have favorite covers AND stories that have strong nostalgic links. I'm trying to decide what some of them even are...it's hard to whittle down Ditko ASM's for example...to a couple that I can afford in grade 8.0 or higher.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u