• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Christmas Exchange- how goes the receiving?

496 posts in this topic

Santa? We've been good. Honest.

He11blazer

Greggy

BlackLantern

scottish

thehumantorch

CloudOfWit

Brockley

Cross me off the list---I got it! :banana: Many thanks to Francisco / loboagain for two HG sweet books delivered from Hawaii: ASM #172 (from the USAF Mildehnall collection and with a Mark's Jewelers' insert) and #147 CGC 9.0. (:gossip: My gifts WERE on time but our mail was on hold since we were out of town for the holiday).

Off the list I go. Thanks BlackLantern. Very cool. :banana:

wow, i'm so glad they arrived at last. it was really a bad timing this year. my swiss bank account was seized by some colombian terrorists so I couldn't get to my money. and i just came back from a vacation and one of the first things i did was to send you the books. the electricity was out for a week and some stray dogs got into our pantry. i hadn't even time to buy a nice card and gift-wrapping paper. besides that i got a toothache while in prague and the dentist was fresh out of dental school. that took an extra two days. i'm sorry. and then our labor union of the postal clerks (don't know if these are the correct words) went on strike, so it all took a little longer during the busy x-mas days. and to save some money i sent it media mail on the 24th. but glad you got it. merry christmas

Still sounds like an excuse to me B. Lantern hm:grin: :grin: :devil:

wow, i'm so glad they arrived at last. it was really a bad timing this year. my swiss bank account was seized by some colombian terrorists so I couldn't get to my money. and i just came back from a vacation and one of the first things i did was to send you the books. the electricity was out for a week and some stray dogs got into our pantry. i hadn't even time to buy a nice card and gift-wrapping paper. besides that i got a toothache while in prague and the dentist was fresh out of dental school. that took an extra two days. i'm sorry. and then our labor union of the postal clerks (don't know if these are the correct words) went on strike, so it all took a little longer during the busy x-mas days. and to save some money i sent it media mail on the 24th. but glad you got it. merry christmas

Still sounds like an excuse to me B. Lantern hm:grin: :grin: :devil:

but you have to admit, that it's a good one :whistle: your story contributions makes it even better

Still no joy... :(

This post to me was the perfect example of an visual oxymoron...

Next to an animated avatar of bouncing cantalopes, I see the words still no joy next to a frowny face. and recognized the delicious irony

Well Moloch, your post brought me some joy.

Here's hoping you get your gift soon! (thumbs u

Well, I checked my regular mail on my way out of town on the 24th and it wasn't there, but apparently it was delivered later in the day by Express Mail. Thanks BuffyFan! (worship) Great books!

On the other hand - my avatar was Dena-nated... :blush:

BlackLantern:

I finally got out your Holiday Raffle prize today. It was really tough. I tried to go yesterday, but the post office was closed and I didn't have any spare customs forms to ship internationally. This morning, my alarm clock didn't go off because we don't have any electricity and some stray dogs ate the packing foam for your package. Sorry, but I didn't include a card and I didn't wrap it either because we burned the paper for heat. Besides that, I had a belly ache and the proctologist was just out of proctology school. I won't say how much longer that took. I'm sorry, but at the post office, there was no strike which meant the regular postal workers are going to handle your package, that might take longer than the scabs who cross strike lines. Anyway, I sent you the tracking number via PM, I hope you get it as my PMs are usually intercepted by spies.

:foryou:

BlackLantern:

I finally got out your Holiday Raffle prize today. It was really tough. I tried to go yesterday, but the post office was closed and I didn't have any spare customs forms to ship internationally. This morning, my alarm clock didn't go off because we don't have any electricity and some stray dogs ate the packing foam for your package. Sorry, but I didn't include a card and I didn't wrap it either because we burned the paper for heat. Besides that, I had a belly ache and the proctologist was just out of proctology school. I won't say how much longer that took. I'm sorry, but at the post office, there was no strike which meant the regular postal workers are going to handle your package, that might take longer than the scabs who cross strike lines. Anyway, I sent you the tracking number via PM, I hope you get it as my PMs are usually intercepted by spies.

:foryou:

btw, thanks a lot

• Administrator

I received my package from Brockley yesterday, THANK YOU! :)

Also I am responsible for one of the "missing" packages :blush: , but it is simply the fact that it was mailed the week before X-Mas...I did inform CapHoliday so I hope it is received (eventually)...Sorry for any anxiety in the meanwhile!

Watching the letter box:

He11blazer

Greggy

BlackLantern

scottish

thehumantorch

CloudOfWit

Brockley

I've been offline for the whole of xmas due to my girlfriend deciding to switch internet providers and screwing it up encountering unforeseen difficulties.

So anyway, delighted to see Senormac got his gift from me. Still waiting for mine :)

Watching the letter box:

He11blazer

Greggy

BlackLantern

scottish

thehumantorch

CloudOfWit

Brockley

I've been offline for the whole of xmas due to my girlfriend deciding to switch internet providers and screwing it up encountering unforeseen difficulties.

So anyway, delighted to see Senormac got his gift from me. Still waiting for mine :)

thehumantorch already has received his gift!

Watching the letter box:

He11blazer

Greggy

BlackLantern

scottish

CloudOfWit

Brockley

Still waiting here as well

Watching the letter box:

He11blazer

Greggy

BlackLantern

scottish

thehumantorch

CloudOfWit

Brockley

thehumantorch already has received his gift!

:gossip: As have I (cloudofwit).