• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling my entire Collection - Part 2 First up: Timelys

563 posts in this topic

Should I grab it, Dale? I'm considering changing focus for a while. hm
if you have the juice, that is one heck of a book to pluck!

I know...but I've been plucking around waaay too much lately.

well, there are some books you can pluck and always feel good about...that Human Torch 1, is one of them IMO...

that said, I know that book will find a home, if not here, somewhere :cloud9:

I can't imagine you could find a better one. I can't spend your money for you though. I just bought a new golf cart yesterday, so depends on what you like I guess.

It is truly a beautiful copy.

sale thread is on fire!

You GA fanboys are serious about your books :o

Maybe one day you'll step up to play with the big boys too.... :baiting:

I was born in 1961, not 1861 :baiting:

I'm younger. :acclaim:

Nice books, Filter!

I can't imagine you could find a better one. I can't spend your money for you though. I just bought a new golf cart yesterday, so depends on what you like I guess.

Ahhhh, golf. It's funny that I golfed all the time in my 30's and early 40's, and now that I have all the free time I want, I don't golf anymore...go figure. (shrug)

Sorry everyone for the delay! Hopefully better late than never!

Green Lantern 1 CGC 9.0 VF/NM MP Signed by Mart Nodell. "color touch, pieces added, tear seals, cleaned, reinforced"

No restored or unrestored copies of GL 1 have ever graded higher than a 9.0. (Possibly because of the black cover) This copy has great eye appeal for a 9.0, and could be the nicest-looking GL 1 out there.

Overstreet in 9.0 is $38,000.

Asking $9500 (25% of Unrestored guide)

GreenLantern1.jpg

Marvel Mystery 8

This issue starts the famous Human Torch / Sub-Mariner battle that continues in issue #9

Purchased this one as an F/VF from a major dealer at the SD Comic Con a few years ago. Structurally the book is solid, but staining probably brings the book down into the FN range at best.

Moderate restoration (color touch, tear seals, pieces added) primarily limited to the right edge

$2250

Marvel8.jpg

MarvelMystery8back.jpg

:takeit:

Marvel Mystery 8

This issue starts the famous Human Torch / Sub-Mariner battle that continues in issue #9

Purchased this one as an F/VF from a major dealer at the SD Comic Con a few years ago. Structurally the book is solid, but staining probably brings the book down into the FN range at best.

Moderate restoration (color touch, tear seals, pieces added) primarily limited to the right edge

$2250

Marvel8.jpg

MarvelMystery8back.jpg

:golfclap:

Here it is. The one that I'm sure everyone's been waiting for

Marvel Mystery 9 apparent FN Extensive restoration

"color touch, tear seals, pieces added, spine reinforced"

Some of the interior pages have some pieces added in the margins as well.

The colors on this book are absolutely incredible and the eye appeal is not bad either

Listed as "Scarce" in the Overstreet and listed as a classic cover i'm going to go out on a limb and say this one is THE single hottest Timely comic at the moment. A 5.0 just sold for $20k+ and I have no doubt it would sell for $25k-$30k today! I believe another board member sold a restored copy in low grade & missing the back cover for $4k.

Asking $9500

MarvelMystery9-1.jpg

MMC9back.jpg

Sorry everyone for the delay! Hopefully better late than never!

Green Lantern 1 CGC 9.0 VF/NM MP Signed by Mart Nodell. "color touch, pieces added, tear seals, cleaned, reinforced"

No restored or unrestored copies of GL 1 have ever graded higher than a 9.0. (Possibly because of the black cover) This copy has great eye appeal for a 9.0, and could be the nicest-looking GL 1 out there.

Overstreet in 9.0 is $38,000.

Asking $9500 (25% of Unrestored guide)

GreenLantern1.jpg

Awesome!