• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling my entire Collection - Part 2 First up: Timelys

563 posts in this topic

holy mother fornicator!!! Drop a few books more into this thread and Filter's rollin' in the dough! Congrats guys!

I'm waiting for the cheaper books...

And signed by the creator himself!

:golfclap:

Sorry everyone for the delay! Hopefully better late than never!

Green Lantern 1 CGC 9.0 VF/NM MP Signed by Mart Nodell. "color touch, pieces added, tear seals, cleaned, reinforced"

No restored or unrestored copies of GL 1 have ever graded higher than a 9.0. (Possibly because of the black cover) This copy has great eye appeal for a 9.0, and could be the nicest-looking GL 1 out there.

Overstreet in 9.0 is $38,000.

Asking $9500 (25% of Unrestored guide)

GreenLantern1.jpg

And signed by the creator himself!

:golfclap:

Sorry everyone for the delay! Hopefully better late than never!

Green Lantern 1 CGC 9.0 VF/NM MP Signed by Mart Nodell. "color touch, pieces added, tear seals, cleaned, reinforced"

No restored or unrestored copies of GL 1 have ever graded higher than a 9.0. (Possibly because of the black cover) This copy has great eye appeal for a 9.0, and could be the nicest-looking GL 1 out there.

Overstreet in 9.0 is $38,000.

Asking $9500 (25% of Unrestored guide)

GreenLantern1.jpg

Wow! Comparatively speaking, this almost seems affordable (emphasis on almost). :insane:

Here it is. The one that I'm sure everyone's been waiting for

Marvel Mystery 9 apparent FN Extensive restoration

"color touch, tear seals, pieces added, spine reinforced"

Some of the interior pages have some pieces added in the margins as well.

The colors on this book are absolutely incredible and the eye appeal is not bad either

Listed as "Scarce" in the Overstreet and listed as a classic cover i'm going to go out on a limb and say this one is THE single hottest Timely comic at the moment. A 5.0 just sold for $20k+ and I have no doubt it would sell for $25k-$30k today! I believe another board member sold a restored copy in low grade & missing the back cover for $4k.

Asking $9500

:takeit:

:applause:

holy mother fornicator!!! Drop a few books more into this thread and Filter's rollin' in the dough! Congrats guys!

lol

Going to be a long wait :baiting:

lol

Going to be a long wait :baiting:

You know under $2500...

You never told us WHY you are selling your books. Inquiring minds want to know.

I PM'd and asked him the same thing last week...he said he will reveal all in a future thread :sorry:

I'm hoping it's for something cool, like buying the Mona Lisa or something. The sheer quality of his collection is just killing me. I'd give Filter all my scratch for some of these beauts.

sale thread is on fire!

You GA fanboys are serious about your books :o

Maybe one day you'll step up to play with the big boys too.... :baiting:

I was born in 1961, not 1861 :baiting:

Phht. Some day you will learn to appreciate history. :P Ol' Jive collects Joes on top of GA. Obviously he has good and varied taste.

You never told us WHY you are selling your books. Inquiring minds want to know.

I PM'd and asked him the same thing last week...he said he will reveal all in a future thread :sorry:

I'm hoping it's for something cool, like buying the Mona Lisa or something. The sheer quality of his collection is just killing me. I'd give Filter all my scratch for some of these beauts.

sale thread is on fire!

Phht. Some day you will learn to appreciate history. :P Ol' Jive collects Joes on top of GA. Obviously he has good and varied taste.

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, my tastes are pretty varied. High grade Gold, high grade Copper, and high grade Moderns.

I pretty much ignore most Silver and Bronze altogether.....go figure. (shrug)

I guess I'm the Anti-Nik. :devil:

Should I grab it, Dale? I'm considering changing focus for a while. hm

I can't imagine you could find a better one. I can't spend your money for you though. I just bought a new golf cart yesterday, so depends on what you like I guess.

It is truly a beautiful copy.

I enjoy golf, but found I was spending $50 a week on golf balls, so I had to give up the sport, couldn't afford to keep playing lol

sale thread is on fire!

I'm younger. :acclaim:

Nice books, Filter!

:o

It boggles my mind that one person possesses all these. How long did it take you to assemble this collection?

Well, it probably wasn't too difficult after he got rid of his Action #1-10.

doh!

I can't imagine you could find a better one. I can't spend your money for you though. I just bought a new golf cart yesterday, so depends on what you like I guess.

I enjoy golf, but found I was spending $50 a week on golf balls, so I had to give up the sport, couldn't afford to keep playing lol

I don't understand. Can't you use the same ball over and over? Why would you have to keep buying more and more balls?

P.S. I don't play golf.

Well, it probably wasn't too difficult after he got rid of his Action #1-10.

doh!

The financial part, while substantial, is just money, and people can get their hands on money. What impresses me is the the assembly of so many outstanding examples of the very finest books in the hands of one person. You'd have to pry those Cap & Torch 1's from my cold dead hands if they were mine.

I don't understand. Can't you use the same ball over and over? Why would you have to keep buying more and more balls?

P.S. I don't play golf.

:gossip: losing the balls due to poor hits