• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Simpsons...ending?

36 posts in this topic

ahh...see...Seinfeld is another one I never found funny or understood why broad appeal.

Have there been any television comedy series that you enjoyed?

Certainly.

I enjoyed the first couple seasons of Friends, Cheers up to Kirsty Ally, Coupling, IT Crowd, the occasional ep of How I Met Your Mother (Barney is the best!), Robot Chicken, My Hero, Father Ted...

Plenty, I guess.

It'll end when Tracey Ullman appears and takes over the show...isn't that what the Simpsons did to her show?
All they had was about a 5 minute spot on her show.

Maybe less.

...and it was the funniest part of her show!!!
I downloaded all of the original shorts, and made a DVD Collection of it.

Very nice to see them from when it started out.

Nothing like the first episode of their own title, but entertaining nonetheless.

(At least animation wise. lol)

I've never understood the appeal of this show and never watched it after the first few eps.

Along with Seinfeld, it's got to be the funniest series ever.

ahh...see...Seinfeld is another one I never found funny or understood why broad appeal.

You should watch Southpark, classic stuff.

I've never understood the appeal of this show and never watched it after the first few eps.

First 2 or 3 seasons of Southpark were great!

First 2 or 3 seasons of Southpark were great!

Season 4, 5 and 6 are aswell.

mess, all of the seasons are, I personally like 3+

But 1 and 2 are great of course.

i used to love the Simpsons but it's funny to me anymore. Family Guy on the other hand still makes me laugh.

I admit that Family Guy has had me in stitches more than a few times... but the material that pushes the envelope of obscenity does bother me. Some of it is quite gross and I won't let my kid watch it.

Now, American Dad seems to be moving more in the direction of sexually suggestive humor.

I still enjoy the Simpsons even though it has lost a step. I will miss King of the Hill as well.

I will miss King of the Hill as well.

Amen to that. :(

Seinfeld appeals to the neuroses in people. People who are less neurotic probably find it far less funny (and Curb your Enthusiasm would be entirely unappreciated by them). I think Curb your Enthusiasm is one of the most funny shows on television, but I'll bet many people here strongly disagree.

Family Guy has some real funny parts (and a few hilarious episodes), but goes low brow a little too often for my tastes.

The Simpsons is my favorite show of all time. In fact I am watching it at the very moment (Season 5 Treehouse of Horror IV) But the last 5 seasons have been complete and the 5 seasons before that are half good half . Seasons 2-8 are the greatest run of any television show ever IMO.

Seinfeld appeals to the neuroses in people. People who are less neurotic probably find it far less funny (and Curb your Enthusiasm would be entirely unappreciated by them). I think Curb your Enthusiasm is one of the most funny shows on television, but I'll bet many people here strongly disagree.

Family Guy has some real funny parts (and a few hilarious episodes), but goes low brow a little too often for my tastes.

Curb Your Enthusiasm was a great series, but I couldn't shake off the feeling it's a poor man's Seinfeld. There's a really good series in the UK Lead Balloon, the next in line for a US re-make, but that feels like a poor man's Curb Your Enthusiasm. Go figure. (shrug)