• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hotflips New Product for CGC books. Feedback??

44 posts in this topic

First off. The Hotflips Family wants to wish everyone a happy Chanukah, Merry Christmas, and Festivus!! And may all of you have a happy and healthy New Years as well.

The Creative team (Me (Jeff) and Charles) have been working on this piece. It is made in-house here in New Jersey.

People have been asking for a product to hang their CGC books in. This is not some cheap frame. This is made entirely of acrylic. Here are some pics.

Please excuse some of the pics as we are not photographers although I did stay at a holiday inn a few times.

Also, please excuse the mess in my office. It is the end of the year, and well, accountant stuff and all.

th_HPIM1546.jpg

This is a picture of the full case.

th_HPIM1548.jpg

This is a picture with the door open. I know, not the best pic.

th_HPIM1551.jpg

The door open a smidgen.

th_HPIM1553.jpg

Here is a picture of one of the hooks to hang on the wall. There are two, one on each side. Notice the little magnet in the upper right hand corner. There are two of them, one near the top and bottom so the sliding door closes securely.

th_HPIM1555.jpg

Here is a picture with two books in them. We didn't have the right screws for them to actually hang on the wall. doh!

th_HPIM1556.jpg

And another pic.

th_n1366585851_30149926_5537.jpg

And this is Me and Charles congratulating each other on a job well done. Yes we wear tuxedo's to work every day.

We will probably be taking pre-orders for New York Comic Con. This is a real nice piece. We will be fine-tuning it a little. In addition to this case, which holds 2 CGC books, we are also making one that holds four as well. Thanks, let me know what you think and Happy Holidays!!

Jeff and Charles

Merry Christmas!

As for the feedback...

Is there a single frame option?

How does the acrylic hold up to scratching?

Is their UV protection?

Nice cake, I wonder if you should let us into your photobucket album ?

HPIM0680.jpg

AHHH they're throwing up gang signs! Hotflips is actually run by thugs! AAAAAHHH

onoz_omg2-1.gif

P.S. nice cases!

Looks nice. (thumbs u

The only thing that jumps out immediately re: the design is the closing mechanism.

Is it held in place only by magnets or by some other method?

With the swing door mechanism, what happens if the door swings open while it is on the wall? Will the slabs fall out or tip out? Will the opening door destabilize the frame against the wall causing the entire thing to fall to the floor?

Nice cake, I wonder if you should let us into your photobucket album ?

HPIM0680.jpg

AHHH they're throwing up gang signs! Hotflips is actually run by thugs! AAAAAHHH

onoz_omg2-1.gif

P.S. nice cases!

New Yorks Finest baby. lol That was a bachelor party in south beach.

Those are very nice. Once again I imagine shipping will hurt. Any chance something similar will be available for original art?

Shipping actually might not be that bad. Also, we might start a pre-order at most shows we do, so you might be able to save on shipping. None for original art though.