• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whats the next Key book to go through the roof?

131 posts in this topic

I think TOS 39 since I have a high grade copy.

Other than that, I see JIM 83 as looming lower towards sgt. fury 1 and tta 27 in obscurity. Not the most desireable of the marvel characters. Some day fury may climb beyond some of the lesser heroes if he's used carefully and his history is brought out fully in the movies.

Other than that, I see JIM 83 as looming lower towards sgt. fury 1 and tta 27 in obscurity. Not the most desireable of the marvel characters. Some day fury may climb beyond some of the lesser heroes if he's used carefully and his history is brought out fully in the movies.

So who is the better Nick Fury: David Hasselhoff or Samuel Jackson? hm

So who is the better Nick Fury: David Hasselhoff or Samuel Jackson? hm

Neither :P ...always thought Kurt Russell would make a great Fury (just like he did with Snake Plissken)

Russell.jpg

It will obviously be an older book featuring a key character or team. I can see Ironman becoming the next big $$ character. FF#1 and Xmen #1 could also be the next big jumpers. I also think DD #1 is a very under valued comic, it is sure to get the respect it deserves and see a major price jump soon.

why do you want to ruin a perfectly good topic?

Laugh all you want but Chuck gets a premium for this comic...

The next breakout comic, completely separated from the sometimes inane HG label chaser, will not be due to popularity but rather due to it's scarcity. We are pass the point of a character or comic break-thru solely on popularity. Though popularity will be a factor, the next big comic, IF there is one, will be an obscure comic whose numbers in the marketplace are few. The demand for those few will fuel the price increase...

Jim

Untitled-1-1.jpg
:acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim: :acclaim:

You just had to be an and bump it to the next page...

Kudos for creative thinking...

EDIT: You know this is one of the reasons long time posters don't post as much anymore. Too much grabassing and nonsense in threads that get derailed due to childish pranks by those thinking they're being clever.

October was dead-on in the Marketplace Discussion thread. This place has been been taken over by the goofs who think everything is a joke. Makes you wonder if they can coherently hold a discussion without defaulting to juvenile behavior.

This was a valid question for debate but I see those who can't help themselves have completely made yet another thread irrelevent...

Jim

why do you want to ruin a perfectly good topic?

Laugh all you want but Chuck gets a premium for this comic...

The next breakout comic, completely separated from the sometimes inane HG label chaser, will not be due to popularity but rather due to it's scarcity. We are pass the point of a character or comic break-thru solely on popularity. Though popularity will be a factor, the next big comic, IF there is one, will be an obscure comic whose numbers in the marketplace are few. The demand for those few will fuel the price increase...

Jim

I completely agree on the scarce comic thing, unless a first issue by a certain artist (i.e. Neal Adams) becomes the hot book. My guess is still with JLA 1 or B & B 28 as they have not hit big time prices as I thought they would.

You just had to be an and bump it to the next page...

Kudos for creative thinking...

EDIT: You know this is one of the reasons long time posters don't post as much anymore. Too much grabassing and nonsense in threads that get derailed due to childish pranks by those thinking they're being clever.

October was dead-on in the Marketplace Discussion thread. This place has been been taken over by the goofs who think everything is a joke. Makes you wonder if they can coherently hold a discussion without defaulting to juvenile behavior.

This was a valid question for debate but I see those who can't help themselves have completely made yet another thread irrelevent...

Jim

As usual you missed the point altogether. My post above is an example of what has been going on non stop for the last little while. The OP and others like him do the above in several threads. If you would get down off your high horse and stop trying to be a pious bird of good omen all the time you would have realized this and not had to have it pointed out to you.

Does Jesus come to you for advice?

As usual you missed the point altogether. My post above is an example of what has been going on non stop for the last little while. The OP and others like him do the above in several threads. If you would get down off your high house and stop trying to be a pious bird of good omen all the time you would have realized this and not had to have it pointed out to you.

Does Jesus come to you for advice?

High House????????

Who cares about the giant scan of strawberry shortcake, YES it's poor form to put a sidescrolling image in a forum i'm looking at you greggy :baiting:, YES it is (whether you want to admit it or not) amusing to say that book is a go getter.

Can't we all just disagree and argue a lot like normal?

I personally want to see this rumoured SHAZAM movie go gangbusters and turn fawcett into a powerhouse of money making collectible. Though my cash is also on Justice League #1

Edit: on a slightly off topic note, all i can say is i am watching Michael Turner's stuff closely.... What i wouldn't give for a tasty OA by him.