• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman / Detective

13 posts in this topic

You know how the old adage goes....nobody ever truly dies in comics!

Yeah I know.

But I mean Damn this was way screwy, I really hated the RIP storyline. I really have mixed emotions about dropping these titles, I love Bats (Except the movies) and I just not sure if they killing Bruce off or not. I think I may give it 1 or 2 more reads, But I have a feeling I am dumping it.

Yeah I know.

But I mean Damn this was way screwy, I really hated the RIP storyline. I really have mixed emotions about dropping these titles, I love Bats (Except the movies) and I just not sure if they killing Bruce off or not. I think I may give it 1 or 2 more reads, But I have a feeling I am dumping it.

You dont have to cancel them. Both series will be on hiatus for about a year. They will be replaced with Battle For The Cowl. :P

BATMAN #686 & DETECTIVE #853

Written by Neil Gaiman Art by Andy Kubert & Scott Williams Covers by Andy Kubert and Alex Ross Variant sketch cover by Andy Kubert 'Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?' part 1 of 2! Best-selling author Neil Gaiman (THE SANDMAN) and superstar artist Andy Kubert (BATMAN, Marvel 1602) join forces for a special 2-part BATMAN event! 'Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader' is a captivating and mysterious tale the likes of which Batman and friends have never experienced before. Delving into the realms of life, death and the afterlife, Gaiman leaves no stone unturned as he explores every facet and era of Bruce Wayne's life. Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers by Andy Kubert and Alex Ross that will ship in approximately 50/50 ratio. For every 50 copies of the Standard Editions, retailers may order one copy of the Variant Sketch Edition (with a cover by Andy Kubert).

Yeah I know.

You dont have to cancel them. Both series will be on hiatus for about a year. They will be replaced with Battle For The Cowl. :P

For a year? I thought it was a few months. IIRC, Batman and Tec will be back in March 09.

And as far as Bruce being Batman goes, I suspect it will be either a short term thing - he'll return as part of next summer's big event - or they'll hold out for his triumphant return in Batman 700.

Batman was one of my Favorite titles as a kid, I started collecting again after 15 years out of collecting. I have a huge, huge pull list, but I have been cutting back on the boring ones. I do like the New Direction they took Spiderman, I never did like Spidy getting married.

But I missed a ton of stuff in the last 15 years so at times i wonder what is going on, or where so and so is.

But from what I am hearing at my LCS that the RIP storyline did not go over well, I did not like it all. But I got Batman confidential for my Bat Fix.

Batman and Detective would be the last titles in my pull that I would drop. I've been buying both monthly since 1986. I have stayed with both titles regardless how bad storylines could be at times. I also want to keep my run of Batman 119-up and Detective 310-up going for as long as possible.

The last arc of Batman wasn't too bad (not great either). It was fun seeing the different memories, and substituted memories, that Wayne had. But the arc prior to this was so confusing that it was awful. In my opinion, most of Morrison's run has been forgettable.

Detective has been solid for some time. I'm not sure if Dini is completely off the book but he deserves the credit. Right now, it seems like they are hanging on until it get the Gaiman treatment.

Pat