• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Seperated from my wife and I need some venting!

148 posts in this topic

Andrew,

I'm real sorry to hear that, mate. :(

However, from what you've said, I think it's obviously for the best.

Having had a long-term relationship - that was more a war of attrition - go south on me a number of years back, I can confirm that the pain passes. (thumbs u

And then you find the woman you were supposed to be with all along. :banana:

I seriously suggest you put dating out of you mind for quite a while. Take some time to get to know yourself. You think you know who you are, but you honestly don't. Trust me.

Then when you least expect it, the woman of your dreams walks into your life. (thumbs u

Thanks for the advice DiceX. Any girl I found would be a rebound girl at this point and I actually am a nice guy and wouldn't do that to anyone. But it doesn't mean I won't be having fun!

Hey check out my new profile pic. Anyone know who that is??

DiceX finally realizing that the world does not revolve around him?

In all seriousness Andrew, it is always sad when something passes away, but with a little luck and a lot of hard work I think you will find yourself in a much better place. All the best.

I'm going blank here...Were we ever married?

With your track record DiceX, if DrWatson is a girl that you have about a 1 in 5 chance of it :baiting::whistle:

With your track record DiceX, if DrWatson is a girl that you have about a 1 in 5 chance of it :baiting::whistle:

He wishes. :banana:

As someone who ended a 16 year relationship a little while ago, I'll toss out a couple of thoughts:

--Congratulations on taking a step that you seem to have wanted for awhile. That's the hardest part. So take a deep breath...the hardest part is behind you. There will be hard things, for sure, but nothing as hard as taking that first step.

--Don't panic at the sadness. I was shocked that instead of relief and euphoria--I had wanted to end the relationship for years--I mostly felt sadness and guilt for a long time. That's natural, and it is part of the process of making any big change in your life. And as to the guilt: if the relationship was bad, it wasn't just bad for you, but for her also, and she'll move on to better things too.

--DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AGAIN! Make sure your next relationship is the right one. That may sound obvious and easy, but it's not. You chose your wife for a reason, and it likely has to do with some attraction for or comfort level that you had with her that you may not be conscious of, so you can easily be attracted to or feel comfortable with a similar person the next time around.

--It sounds like you're already aware of this one: commit yourself to full and open communication in any future relationship. It is SO easy to gloss over problems, or tell yourself they aren't important. Get it out in the open!

Good luck!

John

Thanks John. Getting some mental/emotional councelling is definetely on my to-do list once the dust settles a bit.

The biggest issue I have to deal with is why I let it get so far gone and never stood up for myself until the very end. Deep questions that I will definetely get answers to.

Because I am the MASTER!!

O.o That's a little frightening xD

Sidenote! Not many girls I know like a control freak ;)

Why do you friends dislike themselves? :devil:

My new icon is the old Master from Doctor Who (love that show) - thats why I said I'm the master.

For the record - I like to control what goes on in my life. I expect the girl I care about the have control over her life and we can do stuff for each other. I will never control another person and prevent them from doing what they love.

I would slit my wrists with cuckleburrs.

I would slit my wrists with cuckleburrs.

Oh please. I'm sure you'll make a wonderful wife someday. Whoever you choose to marry. hm

O.o That's a little frightening xD

Sidenote! Not many girls I know like a control freak ;)

Why do you friends dislike themselves? :devil:

Actually, most of my friends are really really REALLY passive. It's kind of aggravating after a little while. xD MAKE A DECISION, FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE PLZ! :makepoint:

As for the Master....still looks like Mickey Mouse to me! ;P I haven't refreshed my cookies in a few days though.