• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Seperated from my wife and I need some venting!

148 posts in this topic

DiceX finally realizing that the world does not revolve around him?

I'm going blank here...Were we ever married?

With your track record DiceX, if DrWatson is a girl that you have about a 1 in 5 chance of it :baiting::whistle:

He wishes. :banana:

I would slit my wrists with cuckleburrs.

Oh please. I'm sure you'll make a wonderful wife someday. Whoever you choose to marry. hm

Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

With your track record DiceX, if DrWatson is a girl that you have about a 1 in 5 chance of it :baiting::whistle:

Oh please. I'm sure you'll make a wonderful wife someday. Whoever you choose to marry. hm

More coded messages! Will you please stop putting your gang tags in replies to me? :frustrated:

More coded messages! Will you please stop putting your gang tags in replies to me? :frustrated:

WatchOutA09 wATs0N -(Dok); :gossip: D1c3X may krak # odeCay :insane:

WatchOutA09 wATs0N -(Dok); :gossip: D1c3X may krak # odeCay :insane:

Are you threatening me? :sumo:

He's asking if he's giving you a boner.

Most men after they divorce go hog wild for a year and enjoy the single life. After that they start craving a consistent life with the same person and find a long term relationship. I know it does not seem like it now but there will come a day when you will want to settle down again. My biggest advice is that when you do find another perspective long term relationship to take a step back and ask yourself how much is this women like my ex. If she exhibits the same qualities as your ex when you first began dating then I would advise you to look elsewhere. This post will probably be forgotten when you do find that special someone. I just wanted to give a forewarning anyways.

I can guarentee that I will never date a woman like my wife again. I loved her and she is a great mom but when I get to that point - it will definetely not be an issue. I'm sure letting some one into my life very deep will be tough for a while but I now know what I want. Well, a heck of a lot better than I did when I got married at 25 (we started dating when I was 20).

Does it take a while for the icon to be updated. My screen shows the Master as my icon rather than the engineer Mickey Mouse.

This thread has been amazing!! I walked around most of yesterday in a haze feeling like I was going to barf all over my computer. Things are falling into perspective and the new "single" world is falling into place. Of course now I have to worry about my actual mother stepping in and wanting me to do everything she wants. I had to ask her for some distance since I'm not willing to end up disliking my mom over this. She backed off a bit after I told her how I feel. I think thats the biggest thing I learned from this whole thing - say whats on your mind and stand up for yourself and people will listen and respect how you feel. A whole new world!!

Know of any hot girls that like comics, sci-fi movies and sushi buffets?

Just remember the rebound effect. The next women you date,you will probally compare to your wife and that wouldn`t be fair to the other women. date more then 1 women at a time,find out who you like,enjoy your new found freedom. take about 2 years off from going steady with any 1 woman as you need time to clear your head. This would be also a perfect time to address your physical and mental health.ask yourself where do I want to be in 5 years from now? make a plan and try your best to stick to it.

What your going through now is going to hurt but you will get through it, just don`t isolate yourself.Good luck.

Does it take a while for the icon to be updated. My screen shows the Master as my icon rather than the engineer Mickey Mouse.

I see the master -- but 1`st time i looked i thought it was a young James Lipton :insane:

This thread has been amazing!! I walked around most of yesterday in a haze feeling like I was going to barf all over my computer. Things are falling into perspective and the new "single" world is falling into place. Of course now I have to worry about my actual mother stepping in and wanting me to do everything she wants. I had to ask her for some distance since I'm not willing to end up disliking my mom over this. She backed off a bit after I told her how I feel. I think thats the biggest thing I learned from this whole thing - say whats on your mind and stand up for yourself and people will listen and respect how you feel. A whole new world!!

Know of any hot girls that like comics, sci-fi movies and sushi buffets?

Just remember the rebound effect. The next women you date,you will probally compare to your wife and that wouldn`t be fair to the other women. date more then 1 women at a time,find out who you like,enjoy your new found freedom. take about 2 years off from going steady with any 1 woman as you need time to clear your head. This would be also a perfect time to address your physical and mental health.ask yourself where do I want to be in 5 years from now? make a plan and try your best to stick to it.

What your going through now is going to hurt but you will get through it, just don`t isolate yourself.Good luck.

Good points. I've always wanted to be REALY in shape. To the point I could do a small bodybuilding show or something. I'm working on my diet and work-outs and I'm set to meet with a trainer in the next couple weeks (paid for it a couple months before this all went down and have not had time to use the sessions). The goal has kept me away from the buffet lines and the bars at night and i feel much better for it.

Just a few thoughts from someone who has been there done that.(3 days it will be a year)

Make sure when you have your kid(s) be the best dad possible, don't let anything come between any scheduled time or weekends.

Find some one who will let you be at the top of the totem pole every once in a while,because the view at the bottom sucks.

You will find that divorced or separated women are the best in bed and you will ask why the hell did I stay married so long.The ironic thing is your ex will now be in that category.

Find something to occupy your free time your sanity will thank you.

She will call you for help with things she has realized she can't do by herself.Help her don't throw it in her face.She will come to realize how much you contributed to the family unit.And how much she misses you.But DON'T GO BACK.You left for a reason remember that.

I could go on and on but I won't.

John

Be prepared. You're about to get more screwing from your spouse than you received the entire time you were married. Except you are the receptacle, and it's going to be deep and dry.

She's thinking that she'll just continue living like she is now, just without you there. You're both going to have to learn to live in a whole new world. My strongest advice is that you don't get taken to the cleaners thinking that you can help sustain her lifestyle for the sake of your daughter. That's all I can say because when it comes down to the wire, and you're worn out from the journey, you'll ignore every bit of advice you've heard. I guarantee that.

Good luck, man. :foryou:

The financial situation is brutal in a divorce and it will hurt both sides. Unless your child support will be enough to supplement her income to keep the house, it will likely need to be sold.

The child support and be renegotiated - often it will end up back in court - if one of you feel circumstances have changed and it needs to be adjusted. For example, if you lose your job and need to take a lower paying one or, the more common situation, as the years go by you are making more and the cost of living is increasing she can seek similar increases in support.

As miserable as the situation will be, being as cordial with your wife as possible will help in the long run. Your marriage is over, but with your children, your relationship never will be. Being nicer can help you out financially and in your relationship with your daughters for years.

Doesn't really matter what you think she needs. I'm saying you need to be prepared because she will want to live there and stick you with the bill and give you the guilt of how you're doing your child wrong if you don't comply.

Then the trip through hell begins. :gossip: