• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Seperated from my wife and I need some venting!

148 posts in this topic

I wouldn't say there are any concrete rules...some men never find another mate and some women find another mate.

I think he's talking about hoochee-goochee, and that all a women needs is a heaRtbeat. :gossip:

Umm well I beg to differ ... it's not a "heartbeat" us ladies need !!!

No, that's all the GUY usually needs to do the hoochee-goochee... a woman with a heartbeat.

I was the same way. All you can hope for is that whomever she picks will be good to your child. If he's not, then you kick his azz. :sumo:

Oh yes. Very yes.

My ex knows that I would not accept anyone doubtful around my son. Luckily, she's very trustworthy in that way and she knows I am as well.

That would be one of the worst things that could happen, actually.

Anyhow, I met someone else 8 years ago. She's my solemate for life. You will meet the right person for you someday. When you do, you are going to be extremely suprised in the difference the "right" girl can make in a relationship.

I agree. You can search my old posts (pre-2006) where I complained about my controlling ex-wife, who really hampered my comic hobby. Well, we've since divorced, and I'm remarried to a wonderful (and way hotter) woman, who supports my hobbies. We have mutual respect, and she never yells at me or belittles me. She's even going to Comicon with me this year.

Life's too short to waste with negative people. Let them ruin their own lives, and move on. There are good people out there.

That's great to hear! (thumbs u

1CoolEngineer,

Thanks for having the nerve to start this thread. We're in the same boat essentially. :(

I have to say that reading the viewpoints and advice posted here by many divorced forumites has been about the only uplifting (mostly) and constructive commentary I've "heard" so far. I received plenty, but it all sounded generic and mindless. Not much "reached" me until now.

Thanks to those of you that shared your experiences and how you dealt with them in a way that was specifically beneficial to your kids well being. I'm going to keep the heartfelt words of wisdom offered here in mind the next time my ex needs me to fix more stuff and/or solve problems she isn't as good at instead of being spiteful and happy she encountered them. I can't help that I felt that way, but I can control how I respond... and I will try.

This does suck really bad though... good luck to you 1CE

I can't help that I felt that way, but I can control how I respond... and I will try.

And that's the #1 way to help bring yourself and even your ex's life some sense of serenity in the tumult you're going through. :D

[/com major-ness]

Good luck to you man.

I got the big D in 1993. Our marrage was doomed from the start but we tried to make it work but we were two very different people heading in very different directions. The one plus for us is no kids. We stayed in touch for a while but ultimately, to move on we needed to completely break. I took about four years off from a serious relationship and just casually dated which was a great decision. I agree with what everyone is saying about women having more dating options than single men, but for myself, not having kids made me a pretty attractive person for the 30-something women just because that potential complication was not present. I am on my second marrage. We celibrate our 10 year this summer. Life is much better the second time around for me. I have a very supportive wife now with shared goals. She even supports me collecting "junk".

My suggestion is to take some time to put your single life in order. When you start dating, if you see character traits you don't like, walk away. Life is too short to settle and be miserable again.

Well, its finally official. After years of fights and "compromises", I couldn't take living with a mother at best and a enemy at worse. As of Friday, I'm out of the house and things are moving along. I wanted to list a couple things that were red flags:

1. I enjoyed reading comics more than spending time with her. Way more!

2. Worked extra hours at work since it meant less time with her.

3. Wished Santa went after her rather than Grandma.

4. She called me Dad and Son one night in bed. Does that guy get around or what?

I'm pretty broken up about it all since it was a ten year marriage and we have a 5 year old daughter but it will all work out for the best. And thanks for letting me vent/joke a little on the boards.

I'm very sorry about your misfortune.

If it is any small consolation at all (from a geek point of view, at least), your new avatar is very, very cool.

Best of luck. (thumbs u