• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Seperated from my wife and I need some venting!

148 posts in this topic

Kids can live in a cardboard box as long as they are loved. My son of just over a year old made the transition perfectly to my place when we split up (we have 50/50 custody, no child payments either) and he felt secure right away as we made him feel so. I think that is the most important thing.

Kids can live in a cardboard box as long as they are loved. My son of just over a year old made the transition perfectly to my place when we split up (we have 50/50 custody, no child payments either) and he felt secure right away as we made him feel so. I think that is the most important thing.

(thumbs u

How do you make the 50/50 work? Is he with you 6 months and with her the other?

I just noticed this thread, and I am sorry to hear about your situation. My daughter was 5 when my wife and I got a divorce. My situation was similar to yours. (non-stop fighting ect...) Have you considered joint custody? That's what my ex and I originally did. (My daughter has been with me full-time since she was not quite 6 due to irresponsibility on her mom's part).

Anyhow, I met someone else 8 years ago. She's my solemate for life. You will meet the right person for you someday. When you do, you are going to be extremely suprised in the difference the "right" girl can make in a relationship. I wish you the best of luck during these hard times.

Mike

That depends on what you two come to agreement on. The original agreement my wife and I had was, she had my daughter Monday through Thursday night, and I had her the rest of the time. As soon as we got divorced, I went to work out of state, and came home Thursday night. So, this arrangement worked out well for us.

Be prepared. You're about to get more screwing from your spouse than you received the entire time you were married. Except you are the receptacle, and it's going to be deep and dry.

She's thinking that she'll just continue living like she is now, just without you there. You're both going to have to learn to live in a whole new world. My strongest advice is that you don't get taken to the cleaners thinking that you can help sustain her lifestyle for the sake of your daughter. That's all I can say because when it comes down to the wire, and you're worn out from the journey, you'll ignore every bit of advice you've heard. I guarantee that.

Good luck, man. :foryou:

Also be prepared. she will find someone before you do. sad but true.

Women can pick up men in a heartbeat, be strong my friend.

We had a very amicable break-up, so that helped a lot.

My ex and I and our daycare are all situated within a couple of miles of each other, and neither she or I could go for more that a few days without seeing our son (and neither can he...at then end of either of our times together, he starts asking for the other). With the work schedules we have, she always has him Monday and Tuesdays, I have him Wednesdays and Thursdays, and we alternate weekends. We are always open to helping the other out as well as we aren't sticklers on that schedule and flex it as needed for each other.

We check with each other before making purchases, and split all costs afterward. We speak pretty much every day regarding him. We've also both met our respective new boyfriend/girlfriend. The new people in our lives are fantastic with our son, and my girlfriend is very understanding regarding my communication with my ex...she"s great all around. Actually, if she had a problem with it, she wouldn't be my girlfriend. I will let NOTHING come between myself and my son and the way we've worked things out. Luckily ny girlfriend is an angel (except in be...nevermind :devil:).

Be prepared. You're about to get more screwing from your spouse than you received the entire time you were married. Except you are the receptacle, and it's going to be deep and dry.

She's thinking that she'll just continue living like she is now, just without you there. You're both going to have to learn to live in a whole new world. My strongest advice is that you don't get taken to the cleaners thinking that you can help sustain her lifestyle for the sake of your daughter. That's all I can say because when it comes down to the wire, and you're worn out from the journey, you'll ignore every bit of advice you've heard. I guarantee that.

Good luck, man. :foryou:

Also be prepared. she will find someone before you do. sad but true.

Women can pick up men in a heartbeat, be strong my friend.

I wouldn't say there are any concrete rules...some men never find another mate and some women find another mate.

I wouldn't say there are any concrete rules...some men never find another mate and some women find another mate.

I think he's talking about hoochee-goochee, and that all a women needs is a heatbeat. :gossip:

I think he's talking about hoochee-goochee, and that all a women needs is a heatbeat. :gossip:

I know what he means...I think depending on the dynamics of the relationship some people just never end up being with anyone again. Anyhow it's just an observation from my experience and since nobody can predict the future all he can do is prepare himself for everything.

Sometimes it's true. >____> But not long term! Just for short term comfort.

I have my daughters from Sunday night until Wednesday morning, the soon to be ex- gets them from Wed afternoon until Friday. We split every other weekend. Holidays are also split equally. We live 5miles from each other and both grand parents live about the same distance so the kids get to see each side every week.

The no-alimony and no child support payments work great. We split the bills when we need to buy school items or clothes.

I think he's talking about hoochee-goochee, and that all a women needs is a heaRtbeat. :gossip:

Umm well I beg to differ ... it's not a "heartbeat" us ladies need !!!

:devil:

Everyone moves on eventually but "moving on" just takes different forms for different people. There are those out there that just rather be alone that deal with the drama of another relationship and some very sensibly take some time for themselves to heal.

And then there are those of us that keep looking for that perfect "heatbeat"

:cloud9:

(found mine FIRST try BTW)

I think he's talking about hoochee-goochee, and that all a women needs is a heaRtbeat. :gossip:

Everyone moves on eventually but "moving on" just takes different forms for different people. There are those out there that just rather be alone that deal with the drama of another relationship and some very sensibly take some time for themselves to heal.

A lot easier to get a date as a woman then the man unless the woman is extremely obese or butt ugly.

example average single man walks into bar with 50 dollars in his pocket,nobody buys him drinks and he doesn`t know he is going home with a woman that night.

average single woman walks into bar with 5 dollars in her pocket,everybody buys her free drinks and she decides if she wants to be going home with a man that night.

For every 1 girl a average joe can get,that average jane can get 100 men! Look at online dating sites as proof.

now if he is in his 30`s or 40`s it might be tougher. luckly for me,I never had a problem meeting women as 90 percent of my working Colleagues are women but I have male friends that it`s real tough for them with the jobs they have to meet one woman yet alone a few women. Just warning him not to be surprised if one day he goes to pick up his daughter and he sees joe six pack there sitting with his wife.

I have my daughters from Sunday night until Wednesday morning, the soon to be ex- gets them from Wed afternoon until Friday. We split every other weekend. Holidays are also split equally. We live 5miles from each other and both grand parents live about the same distance so the kids get to see each side every week.

The no-alimony and no child support payments work great. We split the bills when we need to buy school items or clothes.

Good thing you both live so close together. At least the school issue is not a factor.

A lot easier to get a date as a woman then the man unless the woman is extremely obese or butt ugly.

example average single man walks into bar with 50 dollars in his pocket,nobody buys him drinks and he doesn`t know he is going home with a woman that night.

average single woman walks into bar with 5 dollars in her pocket,everybody buys her free drinks and she decides if she wants to be going home with a man that night.

For every 1 girl a average joe can get,that average jane can get 100 men! Look at online dating sites as proof.

now if he is in his 30`s or 40`s it might be tougher. luckly for me,I never had a problem meeting women as 90 percent of my working Colleagues are women but I have male friends that it`s real tough for them with the jobs they have to meet one woman yet alone a few women. Just warning him not to be surprised if one day he goes to pick up his daughter and he sees joe six pack there sitting with his wife.

I wish her all the happiness in the world as long as I'm not her husband. Not a bitter bone in my body - if she is happy then my daughter will be happier and I will be happier. Can't always work that way but I try.

Anyhow, I met someone else 8 years ago. She's my solemate for life. You will meet the right person for you someday. When you do, you are going to be extremely suprised in the difference the "right" girl can make in a relationship.

I agree. You can search my old posts (pre-2006) where I complained about my controlling ex-wife, who really hampered my comic hobby. Well, we've since divorced, and I'm remarried to a wonderful (and way hotter) woman, who supports my hobbies. We have mutual respect, and she never yells at me or belittles me. She's even going to Comicon with me this year.

Life's too short to waste with negative people. Let them ruin their own lives, and move on. There are good people out there.

I wish her all the happiness in the world as long as I'm not her husband. Not a bitter bone in my body - if she is happy then my daughter will be happier and I will be happier. Can't always work that way but I try.

I was the same way. All you can hope for is that whomever she picks will be good to your child. If he's not, then you kick his azz. :sumo: