• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Married cover??

15 posts in this topic

Now that I have the correct forum doh!

RAD09C57200912_131113.jpg(shrug)

Married cover is when a cover from one book is matched up with the interior from a different copy.

In some cases, there are some uncut covers to certain well known books and people have been known to "marry" it to a coverless copy.

Married cover is when a cover from one book is matched up with the interior from a different copy.

In some cases, there are some uncut covers to certain well known books and people have been known to "marry" it to a coverless copy.

Thanks greggy...I take back everything I ever said about you! (thumbs u

Don't most married covers get a trimmed designation?

Probably because they are married, they often don't line up properly and the person putting them together trims it to have them line up. If they start with a never before used cover (such as all those Blazing Comics #5 that were flying out of PGX on random books) they just need to put them on properly. Also, if a person is marrying their copy to have a complete book and is not trying to deceive anyone, there is no need to trim.

Perhaps the labels seem to indicate so often because it is sellers trying to get away with something rather than just putting a nice book together.

I don't :baiting:

I don't :baiting:

:blahblah:

nice book none the less :applause:

Its up for auction at CLink :gossip:

Probably because they are married, they often don't line up properly and the person putting them together trims it to have them line up. If they start with a never before used cover (such as all those Blazing Comics #5 that were flying out of PGX on random books) they just need to put them on properly. Also, if a person is marrying their copy to have a complete book and is not trying to deceive anyone, there is no need to trim.

Perhaps the labels seem to indicate so often because it is sellers trying to get away with something rather than just putting a nice book together.

The Blazing 5s were published that way, it's not a case of a married cover. There are some other similarly published books where remainders were either legally or illegally rebound and sold.

Nice book for a 7.0. Looks like the top staple popped.

Not such a good job of marrying the cover.

Must have been done by a sea captain. hm

The Blazing 5s were published that way, it's not a case of a married cover. There are some other similarly published books where remainders were either legally or illegally rebound and sold.

I know they were published that way, but there was also a find of a stack of the covers that were never used. According to what I read on these boards - a few people who cracked those PGX slabs found low-quality books inside with damage that could not have happened if they had been part of the book all along. For example, discolored pages or tears/missing pieces on the first inside wraps.

I know there are many legitimate copies of that book that was used for, and it appeared that someone had taken advantage of that by putting their covers on coverless books from the same era.

If I have completely misunderstood what was happening, I apologize, but that was my understanding from board discussions about a year back when I was considering buying one of the slabbed books.

If I have completely misunderstood what was happening, I apologize, but that was my understanding from board discussions about a year back when I was considering buying one of the slabbed books.

No. You understood it pretty well.

Those books were getting 9.9+ grades.

I wonder if Leder still rents the PGX equipment on the weekends so he can grade his own books. :eek: