• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Heaven Nov08 Auction - Have Books Shipped?

23 posts in this topic

Were there good deals in the Comic Heaven mail order auction due to the worldwide recession we are in now plus Verzyl's :wishluck: lack of marketing clout?

Maybe a few... :shy:

3095033650_cb2165b078.jpg

I'm just waiting for them to arrive...but it's been a long(er) wait (than usual)!

GE

Were there good deals in the Comic Heaven mail order auction due to the worldwide recession we are in now plus Verzyl's :wishluck: lack of marketing clout?

Maybe a few... :shy:

3095033650_cb2165b078.jpg

I'm just waiting for them to arrive...but it's been a long(er) wait (than usual)!

GE

Great pickup!

Wow, people still participate in Verzyl`s auctions? How 20th century.

I agree, Verzyl needs to update the way he does his auctions. Mail-in bids with deposits, who does that in this day and age? :insane:

I decided to give the auction a try this year against my better judgement, and the poor customer service has really lead me to regret my decision.

I put a bid on 3 books, sent in the deposit. the deposit was cashed right away, and for an auction that supposedly took place on November 19th, I finally recieved notice on December 14th that I won 1 of the 3 books. I sent the rest of my payment in that same day, and here we are over a month later and my payment was cashed, but the book has never arrived.

I have sent several e-mails like GreatEscape did, and have never gotten a response. I knew going in the entire system was backwards and outdated, however if I knew the lack of customer service, updates, and the length of time to ship a book I'd never have taken part and would highly reccomend people to think twice in the future. Looking at the grading on his site, I can only imagine how long it will take to get a refund if the book is over graded.

UPDATE

Received my Comic Heaven books yesterday...won 6 books and, based on overgrading, decided to return 3 of them. Books were sent registered mail--- explains some of the delay but 35 days after my payment :pullhair:

GE

folks... we pretty much all know John... he is a great guy and a great comics guy, but he is stuck in days past on these auctions... and, for anyone that has ever ordered a book from john, 35 days is "fast" (this is not a news flash)... that said, I love John and have done business with him since the late 80's (he still remembers me buying from him at SDCC 1992 and 1993, and while he doesn't remember specific issue #'s, he remembered "what" I was buying...)... while speed of service is not the best, John is still "tops" in that regard of "customer" recognition and service (thumbs u

Rick, I'm sorry. I've met John and he's a terrific guy in person but I'd NEVER buy anything in this manner. I called his office when I was looking for a specific book and never heard back...and that was before I found out how his auctions were run. For one of the higher profile guys in collecting this is poor customer service on every level.

(shrug)

Rick, I'm sorry. I've met John and he's a terrific guy in person but I'd NEVER buy anything in this manner. I called his office when I was looking for a specific book and never heard back...and that was before I found out how his auctions were run. For one of the higher profile guys in collecting this is poor customer service on every level.

(shrug)

oh, I didn't say his mail order customer service was that good, but his customer recognition is great ... I am still amazed that he remembers books I bid on in his CBG auctions from the late 80's and early 90's..

and, for those that don't know (I won't go into any more details), the last year has been particularly rough on John, and comics have, for the most part, taken a back seat

but, he is still a great comics guy, and while his mail order CS is obviously lacking, deal with him in person at a show, and you will find him pretty good (thumbs u

UPDATE

Received my Comic Heaven books yesterday...won 6 books and, based on overgrading, decided to return 3 of them. Books were sent registered mail--- explains some of the delay but 35 days after my payment :pullhair:

GE

folks... we pretty much all know John... he is a great guy and a great comics guy, but he is stuck in days past on these auctions... and, for anyone that has ever ordered a book from john, 35 days is "fast" (this is not a news flash)... that said, I love John and have done business with him since the late 80's (he still remembers me buying from him at SDCC 1992 and 1993, and while he doesn't remember specific issue #'s, he remembered "what" I was buying...)... while speed of service is not the best, John is still "tops" in that regard of "customer" recognition and service (thumbs u

Agree 100%. (thumbs u

Talked with him in San Diego this year. My dad and I had not bought a book from him since 1983 and he still not only remembered us, but what we collected.

His customer service by phone and Internet sounds like it has something to be desired, but in person, I never had another dealer that did as good of a job of taking care of customers in person, tracking down wants and being able to listen and remember.

(shrug)

oh, I didn't say his mail order customer service was that good, but his customer recognition is great ... I am still amazed that he remembers books I bid on in his CBG auctions from the late 80's and early 90's..

and, for those that don't know (I won't go into any more details), the last year has been particularly rough on John, and comics have, for the most part, taken a back seat

but, he is still a great comics guy, and while his mail order CS is obviously lacking, deal with him in person at a show, and you will find him pretty good (thumbs u

Well I am sorry that he has not had a good year. I wish him the best and like I said, for a guy that arguably has one of the finest collections of GA books on the planet he was extremely friendly, down to earth and candid. I guess I'm still trying to wrap my head around his business model.

(shrug)

Well I am sorry that he has not had a good year. I wish him the best and like I said, for a guy that arguably has one of the finest collections of GA books on the planet he was extremely friendly, down to earth and candid. I guess I'm still trying to wrap my head around his business model.

his business model was "affected" this year... he has run, for like 20 straight years, his auction in the early summer... but, due to his personal life, this summer didn't work (he almost missed SDCC it seemed)...

hopefully all is getting straightened out for him :wishluck: