• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how do you feel....

36 posts in this topic

say you paid 10$ for an item and 4$ for shipping. on an item you won off ebay. you wait for item and it arives. now you open the package and pull out your prize! and pow there is a price sticker on the item stating 25c. and the shipping states $2.30

would you return to this person?

No, if you consider a reasonable handling charge added onto what the freight actually costs, a dollar and change is quite reasonable. Also, you must have thought it a good buy at $10 even though there is a 25 cent price tag on the package so in spite of what the price tag says, you got what you paid for and you have a legal obligation to accept the goods as per e-bay bidding policy.

I'm simply reading symptoms of what's called "buyer's remorse". Not a good enough reason to return the item.

Nope--you paid the price you thought was acceptable otherwise you wouldn't have bid that high. Granted, he did overcharge on the shipping by $1.70 but you also knew the shipping price and placing the bid was an implicit acceptance of that shipping cost.

I understand it stinks to realize someone made a profit on your purchase... but the reality is that happens everytime we go to the store to buy something--retail v. wholesale. I'm not trying to be callous or unsympathetic as I've been in the same place. I just think you chalk it up to getting what you wanted for a price you were willing to pay for it.

say you paid 10$ for an item and 4$ for shipping. on an item you won off ebay. you wait for item and it arives. now you open the package and pull out your prize! and pow there is a price sticker on the item stating 25c. and the shipping states $2.30

would you return to this person?

On what grounds?

If you're prepared to meet the terms of the auction in the first place i.e. the price and stated postage, do you have any comeback?

I think not. :P

Also, just cuz the bag said he paid 25c doesnt mean that he actually paid that. He could be a dealer that picked up a few long boxes and never changed out the bags. it may have been priced in 70s who knows? or maybe he didnt have a new bag handy and just slid it on your purchase. if he were trying to mislead you in anyway he certainly would have taken the price tag off or put it in a new bag.

that's on top of what everyone else said prior. its biz man - everyone trys to make money!! and always remember you set the price.

Yea....he could have had that item sitting around for years and years collecting dust. And maybe he did pay only 25 cents for it........

If you can find one for 25 cents then you should buy it also.

My wife thinks I'm nuts for paying thousands of dollars for comics that clearly say ten cents right on the front cover.

Yeah but, does she think your nuts when you sell 10c funny books for thousands of dollars ;)

as far as shipping goes. I always charge a flat rate - and I have no idea where I am going to be shipping to. I lose money doing this just as much as I make money. Let's put it this way - when I charge a flat rate I am not trying to make money - I am doing my best to be as fair as possible and not lose money. So i will often charge 2 or 3 dollars and the postage will come out to $1.80. but sometimes the postage is $4 so it all evens out for me. if I charge too much for shipping I will often times upgrade to priority if it is off by a decent bit.

My wife thinks I'm nuts for paying thousands of dollars for comics that clearly say ten cents right on the front cover.

:signfunny:

I know what you mean, I just paid $2000 for an X-Men 15 and it had a 12 cent price tag on it. What a rip off!!

ok so many posts so fast . let me redo this real quick cause there is confusssion. im bad at typing what im thinking sorry.

when i say "return to person" i mean would you purchase from again. and yes i paid what i thought was a good price and am happy with ITEM. i do not want to return it :)

i am only asking why would some one in biz not go to the trouble of taking what they paid off the item.and what yall think on the issue. why must they leave it there to say ha ha i got a huge profit.

"hey buddy i paid 75c for this item and you just paid 10$ hahaha"

the shipping is just a pet peev of mine. i always do free shipping and show price on label so they know they got a good deal.

note: i still love the item!

ok so many posts so fast . let me redo this real quick cause there is confusssion. im bad at typing what im thinking sorry.

when i say "return to person" i mean would you purchase from again. and yes i paid what i thought was a good price and am happy with ITEM. i do not want to return it :)

i am only asking why would some one in biz not go to the trouble of taking what they paid off the item.and what yall think on the issue. why must they leave it there to say ha ha i got a huge profit.

the shipping is just a pet peev of mine. i always do free shipping and show price on label so they know they got a good deal.

I certainly would not black ball the seller. I doubt that he was being malicious in having that 25c price tag on the bag. Probably lazy, but I doubt he was bragging about his profit. If you're happy with the book then its all good. IMHO

Perhaps they forgot.

Perhaps they had the item for years.

Either way its hardly shock/horror is it?

I mean is'nt this so called Comics business all about selling what was once very cheap items for very expensive prices? :foryou:

As regards the shipping, surely thats a personal call?

And a minefield hm

Perhaps they forgot.

Perhaps they had the item for years.

Either way its hardly shock/horror is it?

I mean is'nt this so called Comics business all about selling what was once very cheap items for very expensive prices? :foryou:

As regards the shipping, surely thats a personal call?

And a minefield hm

I don't think anyone should complain about shipping prices when they paid 4 bucks and the postage was $2.40 or whatever it was. Have you guys ever gone out and bought bubble mailers and packing tape and peanuts, etc... That stuff is not free, or cheap!