• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Obama ASM comic $60 bucks a piece

378 posts in this topic

I showed up at my LCS yesterday at 11:00 as the owner suggested during my phone call a couple of days prior . There were approx. a dozen folks in front of me , and me being my sarcastic self kept jokingly saying things (in a raised voice) toward the owner , like : "so how many 100's of these do you have stashed in your back office , etc.....and by the time I was like 3rd in line I whispered to the owner : "so are these down to $10 bucks yet on E-Bay by now or what"? , ..he replied : "not my problem" ! meh

I passed , ...bought a Wizard .... :whistle:

I hate these type of threads that teeter on a good political post topic!

I want to talk about Obama so bad I can taste it, but knowing how

gun happy the mods are - it just isn't worth it.

With that in mind does any body know of a good political board site

that isn't Pro Dem or Pro Repub?

There is a topic that is burning straight to my soul and I would like to talk

about it with some of you guys but it waaaaaay to political to survive here.

hm

can you post it in the water cooler section?

probably not, my first strike many years ago came from

Dena busting me for political WC posting.

No sense rattling her cage now.

:P

Do a multi user pm. You can PM more than several people via pm on a topic. It just like a thread just not public. (thumbs u

I showed up at my LCS yesterday at 11:00 as the owner suggested during my phone call a couple of days prior . There were approx. a dozen folks in front of me , and me being my sarcastic self kept jokingly saying things (in a raised voice) toward the owner , like : "so how many 100's of these do you have stashed in your back office , etc.....and by the time I was like 3rd in line I whispered to the owner : "so are these down to $10 bucks yet on E-Bay by now or what"? , ..he replied : "not my problem" ! meh

Was it the Wizard variant cover? :kidaround:

The spidey woulda been more useful :gossip:

I hate these type of threads that teeter on a good political post topic!

I want to talk about Obama so bad I can taste it, but knowing how

gun happy the mods are - it just isn't worth it.

With that in mind does any body know of a good political board site

that isn't Pro Dem or Pro Repub?

There is a topic that is burning straight to my soul and I would like to talk

about it with some of you guys but it waaaaaay to political to survive here.

hm

can you post it in the water cooler section?

probably not, my first strike many years ago came from

Dena busting me for political WC posting.

No sense rattling her cage now.

:P

Is it against board rules to talk politics if you do it in PM's? (shrug)

Good one Twit ! .... :hi:

:makepoint:

Good one Twit ! .... :hi:

:makepoint:

:acclaim:

This issue may cause me to stop collecting ASM, the only title I still collect. I don't want this variant in my collection out of principle.

What principle? That you don't like Obama? You don't think comics should touch on real world politicians? You don't like the way Marvel orchestrated this money grab? Just curious.

This isn't taking sides. Had McCain said he liked reading comics as a kid (even though they were drawn on stone tablets back then) and he won the election, Marvel would have figured out a way to make money off it.

I honestly don't think this is Death of Superman, etc. I honestly think the bulk of these comics are going to go into peoples' homes as some sort of momento and aren't intended to be sold any time soon. Sure, everyone here is flipping them, but that's another story.

Like him or hate him, our current financial disaster has forced him into Clintonian middle of the road pragmatism, so both sides of the political aisle shouldn't be too enraged, although the further ends of each are ticked off.

Out of the principle that I don't want to have to pay $100 for a modern variant and manufactured collectible, just for the sake of keeping my ASM run complete. The regular copy will be put aside for me at cover price, as usual, and I don't want to have to pay more than cover price for this gimmicky .

In the last 5 years, what other modern comic as caused this frenzy other then CA 25? I asked because I only have been back collecting comics again these last 15 months after a 13 year break.

NYX #3? hm

...Had McCain said he liked reading comics as a kid (even though they were drawn on stone tablets back then) and he won the election, Marvel would have figured out a way to make money off it...

Yes, except he'd probably have been in the story working WITH the Chameleon!

Just bought my copy from a LCS. $10, limited one per customer. He was out faster than Ben Johnson on steroids. My copy's on eBay now, 1 day sale. :wishluck:

Andy

Happy and a bit ashamed to say that my copy just ended and sold for $135. :o

:news: Update from my buyer with (0) feedback: "I'm unable to purchase the book as my credit card was frozen due to someone using it fraudulently overseas (nice). Until that's corrected I'm not buying a thing. Sorry about that. All the best."

doh!

Love him (Obama) or hate him, he is the President and he has my support (for now). But the comic book does not.

I submit that Final Crisis 6 vs the ASM/Obama comic for long term collectibility is no contest. FC will win.

I do remember that Stan Lee stated awhile back that if Obama won the election, that more and more comic book characters in books and on film, would end up being black (African-American). So, maybe Will Smith will play Captain America in the planned movie, and even though Stan Lee is not affiliated with DC, maybe, just maybe, DC will jump on the band wagon and the "next" Batman will be black.

Anyone keep up with future news as to the story lines of comics and know whether or not Obama is scheduled to appear in further books? ASM or others? Is Marvel going to join in on the frenzy? Is Obama going to be the next Batman, AND still be in the White House? Wouldn't that be a nightmare for the Secret Service :)