• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOW BIG IS YOUR.......

110 posts in this topic

0 Long

4 CGC

15 Short (...and shrinking)

:sorry:

101 Long Boxes

41 Short Boxes

8 Boxes of CGC

2 Boxes of Mags

shark, so are you trying to be a full time dealer or ?? asking honestly here.... thats a lot of books!

I've accumulated these over a 7 year period. About 1/2 are what I consider my "main collection". I'm what you'd call a completist so I have full runs of over 100 Marvel and DC titles. The rest are from various publishers (Archie, Atlas, Charlton, Dell, Gold Key, Image, Valiant, Whitman, etc.) along with a box or two of Independents. And I have thousands of duplicate issues to sell. :)

As I've stated in another thread or two in here, my job as a Manufacturing Engineer will be ending in May or June where I currently work (company is closing down). I don't plan on being a full-time dealer yet (too many bills to pay, need health insurance) and will probably look for another full-time job once this one is gone. But I'm actually looking forward to dedicating a full month or two just to the comics. I still have a lot of them that need to be graded and priced. Between severence pay, accumulated vacation, a retention bonus and selling comics here and there we should be fine financially until the end of 2009.

But who knows? Between eBay, ProStores and the possibility of selling comics at 2 local antique malls I might just make a run at it. I do some work on the comics every day and I'm trying to get all of the comics bagged, boarded, graded and sorted by the time my job ends. That way I'm prepared to go full bore at it for awhile should I choose to do that. Sounds intriguing but I'm just not sure I can make it work. Probably not.

42 long boxes. Eleven short boxes. Two file cabinets with four drawers each, and a huge four drawer fire resistant safe containing all of my slabs. Maybe a couple hundred or more.

Oh, almost forgot the closet stuff. hmmm. One large walk in closet filled with "stuff" (original art, old toys, paintings, posters, etc). Plus, several Barister book cabinets filled with first edition hardback books, many signed by the authors. Tom Clancy, Stephen King, Sue Grafton, blah, blah.

Man. I wish you hadn't asked this question. I have to get rid of some of this stuff. Where am I going to put the pigeon?

BrettMaverickfromSamHaslem-1.jpg

My favorite racing pigeon.

101 Long Boxes

41 Short Boxes

8 Boxes of CGC

2 Boxes of Mags

holy :censored:

36 long boxes

15 short boxes

3 cgc boxes

3 mag boxes

:o:o:o:o unbelievable

I have 4 longboxes with the most important comics for me.

Don't use short or longboxes so hardly have any of those, besides I wouldn't be able to put one together :whistle:

I'm just short of 10.000 comics at the moment and don't want to go over that number doh!

The nice thing is that I have less than 20 dupes in the entire collection and 95% of my collection is made up of full runs and series :cloud9:

815 books - all Marvel

412 slabbed

403 raw

99% Silver/early Bronze

4 in NM+

152 in NM

400 in NM-

259 in VF/NM

1 x Boston

1 x Dallas Stephens :insane:

4 x Don Rosa

2 x Edenwald :insane: :insane: