• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where do you get your CGC magazine boxes?

27 posts in this topic

What's a good place to buy CGC magazine sized comic boxes? I see that Bill Cole and Gerber sells them, but both require a minimum order and I just don't anything else right now.

I'm the same way. My LCS doesn't carry them (and won't) and I don't need 5 of them.

I'd be happy with two!

Hi.. just signed up for the forums (just joined Collectors Society a couple weeks ago), and looking through the forums to get the 'lay of the land' before starting in with joining the discussions, I came across this one.

You can order individual CGC Magazine boxes from Comic Supply.com (found at.. err.. comicsupply.com). Given that all their Mylar-type stuff comes from Gerber, I would assume the CGC boxes do as well. I've orderd from them in the past with no issue (in fact, just placed another order yesterday). Hopefully this helps - I know I wouldn't have any need for 5 of them either - I'm just starting to reaquire stuff I sold/traded a long time ago, so 1 is enough for me too!

Allan

You can order individual CGC Magazine boxes from Comic Supply.com (found at.. err.. comicsupply.com). Given that all their Mylar-type stuff comes from Gerber, I would assume the CGC boxes do as well. I've orderd from them in the past with no issue (in fact, just placed another order yesterday).

So....do you recommend Comic Supply? lol

You can order individual CGC Magazine boxes from Comic Supply.com (found at.. err.. comicsupply.com). Given that all their Mylar-type stuff comes from Gerber, I would assume the CGC boxes do as well. I've orderd from them in the past with no issue (in fact, just placed another order yesterday).

So....do you recommend Comic Supply? lol

Or do you work for Comic Supply!

:roflmao:

). So....do you recommend Comic Supply? lol

Or do you work for Comic Supply!

:roflmao:

Ok, Ok, I get it.. my first post, so I'm a suspected spammer hyping a business. Sorry to disappoint - No connection to them at all, aside from somebody who's ordered from them before without issue. I saw the question, I answered it.

In any case, I only posted since I had an answer for the original question. I had a large collection as a teen, then moved on to other things (Famous Monsters, nearly finsihed that, Horror/Sci-Fi movie posters - have about all the ones I'd want that aren't in the 7 figure cost level, so that's pretty much over, Mystery Science Theater stuff, etc.). Found my old beater 'original horde' comics from 1975-6 (the ones I read to pieces before understanding things like grade and such) that I hadn't sold off or traded as they were 'uncollectable', a few months back. Sat down on a quiet Sunday afternoon and read stuff like Marvel Presents #1 (bloodstone story), Howard the Duck stories from the old Treasury Edition, the cool Dr. Strange stuff in the old Dr. Strange Treasury Edition. Got the collecting bug back, so needed some boxes to store these a little better, and also supplies to start reaquiring a 'real' collection (you know, the kind with actual non-reading value to it). I didn't need tons of boxes either, so after searching around a bit I found Comic Supply had them (I had used them in the past when I was rearranging the basement to make room for my toddler son's Thomas the Tank Engine setup-from-hell. Took 4000 DVD's and VHS on 8 shelving units and moved them onto 3 by putting the DVD's in paper sleeves in boxes, and wanted to save the case wraps for the info, so ordered the 8x11 binder sheets from Comic Supply back then, a couple years ago, so I was familiar with them from then).

I had ordered before, no problem. I had just ordered boxes and mylars from them the day before I posted, as, like I said, I've just gotten back into 'the game', joined the Collector's Society and have been picking stuff up and am getting ready to send off my intial 3-item free submission. While reading through the posts in several forums before posting, I wanted to get an idea about the threads before I started posting. I saw this one, had an answer, so I posted it.

If you believe me, fine. If not, fine. It's all good to me. If you think I'm a shill for Comic Supply, so be it. If I found the stuff I needed elsewhere cheaper, I'd try them. If you want to hate, I can give you something legit - way back when in the early days of my internet spending splurges (1998 - working nights then as now in IT, only then not married, no son, working 7 days (nights?) a week 12 hour shifts in a new city where I didn't know anybody, lived in $495 apartment and had maybe $1000 total bills every month and brought home 3 times that). Trolling ebay for Famous Monsters issues, I came across Mile High Comics and found they had LOTS of issues from the #36-69 at something like $4-6 each. I dropped quite a few bills on a large order, picking up one of just about every one they had for a fraction what I'd have payed on Feebay, even then. About 1 week after I received my heavy box from Colorado, I checked Mile High's website for any new FM's they might have stocked since my last order, and noticed that they had hiked the prices on all the issues I'd ordred by about 500-100%! I hate to think that I was the first person to order enough of those to make them think they were underpriced, so if anybody went there looking for affordable FM's after that, I AM sorry for that!

I had just ordered boxes and mylars from them the day before I posted

:o Best of luck on recieving your items... :wishluck:

I'd do a search for the threads on that subject if I were you...

That is the reason why two people posted smart aleck giggling comments.

and WTTB!

I had just ordered boxes and mylars from them the day before I posted

:o Best of luck on recieving your items... :wishluck:

I'd do a search for the threads on that subject if I were you...

That is the reason why two people posted smart aleck giggling comments.

and WTTB!

Will do.. hadn't seen any threads about them, and as I mentioned, it was a year ago at least when I previously ordered. Oh well, that's the beauty of ordering with Credit Cards - if they hose you, reverse the charges :applause:

Yikes... not many nice things said about them recently, are there? I can see the responses I got a little clearer now (especially given it was a first ever post for a new person). Oh well, I'll let ya know what happens with my order - wouldn't be the first time I've had to reverse charges from a bad merchant, and given the economy and how it hits smaller businesses especially, I'm quite sure it won't be the last. :(

So, officially, I guess I rescind my 'recommendation' towards Comicsupply.com, and replace it with 'I'm giving it a shot, I'll let you know what happens.. never had any problems before!'

Allan

If you want some entertainment, you should read THIS thread.

This was the board's introduction to Comicsupply.

FWIW, I still think Nik got his azz handed to him. He's not very good in a crisis situation. At least not when there's a woman that can put him in his place. :gossip:

:devil:

Well, after seeing how things were handled in other threads regarding Russell at Comic Supply.com (even if that all was a year before my last very successful orders there, prior to this week), coupled with the fact I've heard absolutely nothing from them in the 3 days since I placed my last order, other than the computer generated acknowledgement email after I placed it, nor have I received answers to questions asked at the time of order, to two repeats of my questions on the order's page on the website nor to a direct email of the questions to Russell's posted email address has led me to consider accepting the board's opinion of his business as something I should acknowledge as well. I always believe in supporting a business that's done right by you in the past, but like President Reagan said regarding how to receive news of friendly overtures from hostile enemies (acknowlege but confirm), but customer service goes a long way for business, much more so now in depressed economic times for business and consumer alike. I posted a message to my order page there on his site this morning, asking for any sign of life or reason that I shouldn't cancel the order and reverse the charges and go elsewhere, and will see what happens today. I don't like writing off somebody who had been a good supplier, but it's not like they are the only ones. I'll likely simply go to Bill Cole's site and buy the stuff direct, and just piecemeal the odd items he doesn't carry from dealers online carrying the Gerber stuff where there's not an equivalent crossover available from Cole, should I not hear something positive back. No matter what I 'HEAR', of course, some kind of action will need to happen withing the next couple weeks, even if I do finally get some word back from him/them. CC's don't let you wait forever to reverse charges, and I don't feel like giving up that benefit of their use, given there are so few benefits as it is with them. I'll let y'all know if/when I hear something, but I'm highly swayed to believe I'll hear nothing but the proverbial crickets... (shrug)

Recieved my order of 500 bags and boards a few days back from HOT FLIPS. Also a few CGC boxes and a hundred flip n stick bags. This was my first time dealing with them. Good customer service, and they're prices on the full backs are very good compared to other dealers. Very happy with them. Will definately order from them again. (thumbs u

DRX