• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight- shut out of the biggies

105 posts in this topic

Not for me, and not for an instant did it look anything less than Ledger with some make-up on, and I think a lot of kudos tossed his way should be given to the writing team for supplying him with so many good lines and sequences.

Dark Knight was a very well-written movie, which is surprising for a funny book -script.

Due to this, the role is almost interchangeable with many different actors and I fail to see this "Heath made the Joker his own/he disappeared into the role/he stole the movie" kind of delusion.

Well for one I think his size was an interesting take on the normally tiny, skinny joker.

His voice was creepy...after listening to him I would have a hard time aknowledging any other Joker (I felt the same way after Jack Nicholson back in 88 and his performance was just as riveting...it was just a different era).

His acting was flawless and although he may not have been as animated as JN in '88 he was definately pulled off creepy, tough and insane which are all the opposite of his natural persona (or at least what I have seen of him off the screen) so I say job well done.

People will argue forever whethe his award was post-humus or not but hey, it worked for me.

R.

The only film nominated for Best Picture that I've seen is Benjamin Button. Which I enjoyed. I'm waiting for The Wrestler to hit the area. Nominated for Best Actor and Actress.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b80205_complete_list_of_nominations_81st.html

That's because the movie sucks. Heath is the best thing in it but beyond that it is nearly unwatchable. I've been saying this since it came out.

FLAME ON. I don't care

I totally agree with you, I know I got flamed hard last time I said this, but oh well. Truth hurts it was a terrible movie.

That's because the movie sucks. Heath is the best thing in it but beyond that it is nearly unwatchable. I've been saying this since it came out.

FLAME ON. I don't care

I totally agree with you, I know I got flamed hard last time I said this, but oh well. Truth hurts it was a terrible movie.

The Internet: Reporting opinions as facts since 1962.

FLAME ON. I don't care

Apparently you won't get flamed unless you mention you are from a certain state. doh!

FLAME ON. I don't care

Interesting how this is only brought up against NEGATIVE opinions. meh

FLAME ON. I don't care

Interesting how this is only brought up against NEGATIVE opinions. meh

Why would I argue with someone who had the same opinion as me? :screwy:

FLAME ON. I don't care

well, you're from texas. you know suck.

Don't mess with Texas. :sumo:

FLAME ON. I don't care

Hey I don't care if we dis-agree.

I'm more interested in why you didn't like it.

Obviously one guy didn't like the movie because he considers superhero movies cheesy...but that has nothing to do with -script or acting. It's just a preference so maybe that is a negligible opinion on a comic book forum that is superhero-centric.

:popcorn:

FLAME ON. I don't care

Obviously one guy didn't like the movie because he considers superhero movies cheesy...but that has nothing to do with -script or acting. It's just a preference so maybe that is a negligible opinion on a comic book forum that is superhero-centric.

I do not like Heath Ledger as the Joker, seemed very flat.

I do not like the actor for Batman

I did not like this movie or the last movie, so it is fair to say I do not like this "Batman" reboot

I did not like the way they dealt with 2 face

I did not like the ending.

Maybe, Maybe if I did not read the comics I would have a different opinion but I just do not like it.

FLAME ON. I don't care

I did not like this movie or the last movie, so it is fair to say I do not like this "Batman" reboot

Maybe, Maybe if I did not read the comics I would have a different opinion but I just do not like it.

So you're dis-appointed that it didn't mirror what is in comics?

Where there any superhero movies you did like?

R.

I don't understand the love for Slumdog Millionaire. I strongly disliked that film.

I didn't dislike it, but I do think that it's getting more attention than it deserves. I found it contrived, and the tonal shifts were a bit jarring.

FLAME ON. I don't care

So you're dis-appointed that it didn't mirror what is in comics?

Where there any superhero movies you did like?

R.

Yes, I liked Ghost Rider, I liked X-men, FF4 was ok, Iron man was decent, did not waste tiem with the hulk. But none of them were "Spectacular" For whatever reason I felt the last 2 Batman movies, the reboot if you will is not my cup of tea.

FLAME ON. I don't care

Compared to?

FLAME ON. I don't care

So now we're talking unequivocal truths here? Oh, I see. To think i've been living a lie as opposed to simply liking something or thinking it was good. Apparently the "truth" is now out that it's a "terrible movie". Thanks for clearing that up for me. (thumbs u

Guys he liked Ghost Rider and Fantastic Four and disliked both Batman movies.... Different strokes for different folks.

Obviously the majority of people in the world loved the movie as did almost every critic, you know what they say, fanboys are the toughest critics.