• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

On 4/21/2024 at 12:18 PM, Turtle said:

I played Ninja Gaiden endlessly as a kid.  I could pretty reliably limp my way to the final boss, but still have NEVER beaten him.  And if you ever die, you're sent so far back it's just demoralizing.  These kids and their save states they can use for quick and easy practice just don't know how hard it used to be.  :preach:

I did take my Nintendo to college in the early 2000's and DID finally beat Mike Tyson in Punch Out though.  :manhero:

Punch Out is still one of my all-time favorites - I have a Steam Deck handheld and I put RetroArch on it basically just so I could play Punch Out (and old Zelda games) on the go.

On 4/21/2024 at 3:38 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Punch Out is still one of my all-time favorites - I have a Steam Deck handheld and I put RetroArch on it basically just so I could play Punch Out (and old Zelda games) on the go.

I ADORE my steamdeck.  I haven't touched my PS5 in months because of it.  The emulation on it is fantastic.  

On 4/22/2024 at 8:52 AM, jaybuck43 said:

I ADORE my steamdeck.  I haven't touched my PS5 in months because of it.  The emulation on it is fantastic.  

I had to google that, as I've seen them in person, but didn't know how it played older games? I had a modded X-box, but I didn't know how legal it was, so have been very put off by emulators. Just because I'm not in to it much lol I like the older games, but except for the "mini" Nintendo systems that came preloaded, idk.

I'd love to have a color screen handheld, but trying to google it made my head hurt lol edit to say, emulators always seemed like another mod, but idk how true that is, nor if it is just a normal thing :shy:

The steam was expensive and probably worth every penny, the way it looked, just my selection of games that I'd enjoy being small it is hard to justify the cost idk 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/23/2024 at 10:50 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I had to google that, as I've seen them in person, but didn't know how it played older games? I had a modded X-box, but I didn't know how legal it was, so have been very put off by emulators. Just because I'm not in to it much lol I like the older games, but except for the "mini" Nintendo systems that came preloaded, idk.

I'd love to have a color screen handheld, but trying to google it made my head hurt lol edit to say, emulators always seemed like another mod, but idk how true that is, nor if it is just a normal thing :shy:

The steam was expensive and probably worth every penny, the way it looked, just my selection of games that I'd enjoy being small it is hard to justify the cost idk 

Its software emulation, no different than what Nintendo did with the Mini NES/SNES.  The problem with software emulation is that it's not perfect.  So it's not EXACTLY a true reproduction (but so close that noone can usually notice).  The legal grounds are more questionable.  Emulation itself is legal.  What's illegal is distributing copyrighted software.  So if you rip your own software, it's totally legal.  If you download a ROM, it's illegal.  Same with systems that have a Bios (PSX, Ps2 etc.) You can rip your own bios and its fine, if you download it, its illegal.  I have a PSX emulator on my steamdeck with rips of my old games because 1) it's nice to travel and play old school crash bandicoot and wrestling games and 2) Hooking up my psx to a modern tv is a nightmare.  

But yea, it's mostly nostalgia.  It's really hard to play an old NES or SNES game that you didn't play as a kid because its just not that connected.  

On 4/23/2024 at 10:44 AM, jaybuck43 said:

Its software emulation, no different than what Nintendo did with the Mini NES/SNES.  The problem with software emulation is that it's not perfect.  So it's not EXACTLY a true reproduction (but so close that noone can usually notice).  The legal grounds are more questionable.  Emulation itself is legal.  What's illegal is distributing copyrighted software.  So if you rip your own software, it's totally legal.  If you download a ROM, it's illegal.  Same with systems that have a Bios (PSX, Ps2 etc.) You can rip your own bios and its fine, if you download it, its illegal.  I have a PSX emulator on my steamdeck with rips of my old games because 1) it's nice to travel and play old school crash bandicoot and wrestling games and 2) Hooking up my psx to a modern tv is a nightmare.  

But yea, it's mostly nostalgia.  It's really hard to play an old NES or SNES game that you didn't play as a kid because its just not that connected.  

The other really great thing about the Steam Deck is being able to play new(ish) AAA titles on the go from Steam, like the Batman Arkham Series, Red Dead Redemption 2, etc.

On 4/23/2024 at 1:36 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

The other really great thing about the Steam Deck is being able to play new(ish) AAA titles on the go from Steam, like the Batman Arkham Series, Red Dead Redemption 2, etc.

Yup, I have several long flights coming up (Ireland and Australia in June) and looking forward to playing Cyberpunk again.

So Peter is coming today, but only signing two items per person (you need a ticket to get the sigs so no getting back in line. Sophie’s choice? I’ve got Raph page 7, turtles adventures page 1,  birds and the bees and the turtles cover, and a fugitoid page as well, whatcha choosing??

On 4/27/2024 at 9:40 AM, jaybuck43 said:

So Peter is coming today, but only signing two items per person (you need a ticket to get the sigs so no getting back in line. Sophie’s choice? I’ve got Raph page 7, turtles adventures page 1,  birds and the bees and the turtles cover, and a fugitoid page as well, whatcha choosing??

I can only wish I had that choice. For me, it'd be Raph and then Adventures.

On 4/27/2024 at 10:40 AM, jaybuck43 said:

What did you end up getting signed? That line looked horrific. 

On 4/28/2024 at 6:56 AM, Ryan. said:

What did you end up getting signed? That line looked horrific. 

Nothing :( they barely got through half the line before he had to leave. Sadly I was yellow which was the second to last group. He was a trooper though and so thankful he came out. I met him a ton of times at shellback so it’s not like I don’t have anything signed by him before. 

On 4/28/2024 at 8:06 AM, jaybuck43 said:

Nothing :( they barely got through half the line before he had to leave. Sadly I was yellow which was the second to last group. He was a trooper though and so thankful he came out. I met him a ton of times at shellback so it’s not like I don’t have anything signed by him before. 

That's a bummer. 

On 4/28/2024 at 6:28 AM, Ryan. said:

That's a bummer. 

It definitely is, but I’m glad he came and showed some Turtle love. I would have loved to meet him. I’m upset I missed this, but am there with you guys in Turtle Spirit. Please share all of your goodies everyone! Any pics would be appreciated! I hope everyone that goes had a blast. 

I was there on Saturday! It was great seeing everyone.

I did my first CGC Signature Series too. I had 2x of the TMNT 1 PMC 40 exclusives signed by Eastman and Laird, and 2x blank cover variants signed by everyone there too.

I also got a couple of the Con Exclusive prints signed by everyone too. 

I got the Lawson and Talbot issue 1 covers too and got those signed as well.

What an awesome day!PXL_20240429_000839172.thumb.jpg.80bdc1c9175e2ad15b399847eda1bfdb.jpg

On 4/27/2024 at 10:40 AM, jaybuck43 said:

How on Earth do we keep missing each other?  I didn't realize you'd be at the show.  We'll meet up face-to-face someday.