• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,381 posts in this topic

On 1/29/2024 at 11:43 AM, rsouxlja7 said:

Sold most of my collection over the past few years. I think this is the only book I will miss. Bought raw in 2017 on Craigslist. 

TMNT1beforegrading.thumb.jpg.eba2589c9531b4b881aebf4d5ce99ab2.jpg

TMNT1(3).thumb.jpg.3261d7fcb3cf14c3e751876e7b1e2c26.jpg

TMNT1(1).thumb.jpg.7d82ffec370f95485a307f639e6dc0ec.jpg

Congrats!  I was watching your first print on here and Facebook wishing I was in a position to grab it.  I've sold two first prints in the past 10 years and miss them both.  :)

On 1/29/2024 at 10:48 AM, BeardedBubba said:

Congrats!  I was watching your first print on here and Facebook wishing I was in a position to grab it.  I've sold two first prints in the past 10 years and miss them both.  :)

Thanks man. I will probably end up regretting it and miss it but at the same time it just sat in a safe rarely to see the light of day lol It was nice to own though for sure. 

Here's an update to a cast-signed book.  This is from the 2012 TMNT Animated Series from Nickelodeon.  It has 5 seasons and if nothing else, it's worth a watch.  The first 4 seasons are great.  The fifth season is more of an anthology season that jumps all over the timeline and was rebranded as "Tales of the TMNT" (not unlike the comic series of the same name). 

Anyway, here's the book:

TMNTColorClassics01GreenandNorth.thumb.jpg.f8806775353b61fc36466f15679ab86f.jpg

Kevin Eastman - Co-creator/Ice Cream Kitty

Peter Laird - Co creator

Ciro Nieli - showrunner (responsible for the overall design of the series)

Sean Astin - Raphael

Greg Cipes - Michelangelo

Rob Paulsen - Donatello

Jason Biggs - Leonardo (first 2 seasons)

*NEW* Seth Green - Leonardo (last 3 seasons)

Hoon Lee - Splinter

Kevin Michael Richardson - Shredder

Mae Whitman - April O'Neil

*NEW* Nolan North - Kraang (all of them)

I'd call this one basically done.  HOWEVER, I'd crack it for Josh Peck, who played Casey Jones in the show for 59 episodes.  Maybe Kelly Hu as well, who played Karai.  But those I think are the only real omissions from this book.  I'm very happy with it. 

Edited by Turtle

On 1/31/2024 at 10:49 PM, Turtle said:

Here's an update to a cast-signed book.  This is from the 2012 TMNT Animated Series from Nickelodeon.  It has 5 seasons and if nothing else, it's worth a watch.  The first 4 seasons are great.  The fifth season is more of an anthology season that jumps all over the timeline and was rebranded as "Tales of the TMNT" (not unlike the comic series of the same name). 

Anyway, here's the book:

TMNTColorClassics01GreenandNorth.thumb.jpg.f8806775353b61fc36466f15679ab86f.jpg

Kevin Eastman - Co-creator/Ice Cream Kitty

Peter Laird - Co creator

Ciro Nieli - showrunner (responsible for the overall design of the series)

Sean Astin - Raphael

Greg Cipes - Michelangelo

Rob Paulsen - Donatello

Jason Biggs - Leonardo (first 2 seasons)

*NEW* Seth Green - Leonardo (last 3 seasons)

Hoon Lee - Splinter

Kevin Michael Richardson - Shredder

Mae Whitman - April O'Neil

*NEW* Nolan North - Kraang (all of them)

I'd call this one basically done.  HOWEVER, I'd crack it for Josh Peck, who played Casey Jones in the show for 59 episodes.  Maybe Kelly Hu as well, who played Karai.  But those I think are the only real omissions from this book.  I'm very happy with it. 

That's amazing!  Congrats on that accomplishment.  It's hard enough to get Eastman & Laird together on one book, let alone an entire cast.  Well done.

On 12/4/2023 at 3:43 AM, Turtle said:

Historically, Peter keeps to the NE region of the country.  I've heard he's never been a fan of flying.  All the appearances I've ever personally been aware of since 2009 have all taken place in the NE with the New York Comic Con being as far south as I've ever seen him. 

100_0507.thumb.JPG.c98912d572f6ebc55902e515d02352d8.JPGDarkAvengers1-3RaphaelCasey.thumb.jpg.507cb10b318be4cc34cf5e29ecf7c3c3.jpg

What perfect signatures and placements from a great year too - 2009!

On 2/5/2024 at 12:14 AM, tagerjager said:

To my knowledge, this is the lowest graded CGC Last Ronin book on the census by about 3 points. I had a bunch of the artists bend, rip, smudge the book as well as add some great art to it. For being a completely destroyed book, it displays pretty well.

image.thumb.jpeg.9841307720e2f0fb8cb84c625f291515.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a6efc248c0026ca1aeae3979cc0d6ed7.jpeg

I love all the art and signatures.  It all looks awesome.  But just out of curiosity, why did you ask them to bend up the book?

On 2/5/2024 at 8:57 AM, BeardedBubba said:

I love all the art and signatures.  It all looks awesome.  But just out of curiosity, why did you ask them to bend up the book?

Since basically all Ronin books are 9.8 or higher, there really isn't anything special about getting them graded. So I thought it would be unique to have the lowest graded book and the artists might enjoy not having to be so careful with it. A few artists were a bit confused but most had a lot of fun with it and probably sketched more than they would on a normal book. It is hard to see in the photo but they did some "artistic rips" that make the sketches really great. 

On 2/9/2024 at 11:57 AM, BeardedBubba said:

Two weeks ago I flew across the country to pick this up ungraded!  I pressed it and cleaned it then submitted it to CGC.  It was delivered back to me today.  I'm over the moon.  I never thought I'd get one with this type of grade.

001_CGC_92_HD_1.jpg

:x

I am confused with the ticketing. Was this out for tickets...or are these VIP with a GA sale in the future? I had my wife sign up too and nothing.....so sad if I can't go

On 2/11/2024 at 1:59 PM, nriccijr said:

I am confused with the ticketing. Was this out for tickets...or are these VIP with a GA sale in the future? I had my wife sign up too and nothing.....so sad if I can't go

From what I understand, only 250 tickets per day are being issued.