• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,357 posts in this topic

On 3/13/2024 at 6:54 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Thanks Rich.  I'll see you there.  I offered to bring my art collection but they said the insurance wasn't cool with it (shrug) 

Cause he's already had to cover insurance for the TMNT #1 Negatives. LOL  I think the insurance underwriters might be a bit overwhelmed with PMC40. 

On 3/16/2024 at 5:41 PM, TMNT said:

Hey guys! Haven't been around the boards of late (which I hope to change...) but just wanted to share this recent pickup. This is my 3rd #11 in 9.8 though the years, I'm thinking this one will finally stick. :)

Happen to be doing some rearranging of the wall art as well when this arrived so figured it was a great time to snap a pic of its with the cover art. 

20240316_173335.thumb.jpg.66ec77388031b4508a802f317a27b298.jpg

That looks awesome!  I'm very curious about your setup.  What do you have the #1-#4 books in?  Is that a glass desk/case of some sort?  I like the look of it and I've been trying to think of a better way to display my books.

On 3/16/2024 at 6:38 PM, BeardedBubba said:

That looks awesome!  I'm very curious about your setup.  What do you have the #1-#4 books in?  Is that a glass desk/case of some sort?  I like the look of it and I've been trying to think of a better way to display my books.

Yes, they are glass display cases. It's hard to see since the case is black and the knob is black, but what's cool is that in the front you pull the knob, and it levers up the front facing glass to slide whatever in. Hard to explain, easier to show. I'll try to remember to snap a pic of that. 

This pic is a little older, but it does show the 2 cases side by side. And overall shows this side of my Sewer. I've got stuff wrapping around the room but these are the only 2 of these cases I have. 

I love them because they fit 4 magazine or 5 regular CGCs without issue, so perfect for the first 4. Found them in a local shop and had to buy them. Added some lights and they were good to go

Screenshot_20240316_193019_Gallery.thumb.jpg.154eb76252b4488f1891c49384a466bd.jpg

On 3/16/2024 at 7:32 PM, TMNT said:

Yes, they are glass display cases. It's hard to see since the case is black and the knob is black, but what's cool is that in the front you pull the knob, and it levers up the front facing glass to slide whatever in. Hard to explain, easier to show. I'll try to remember to snap a pic of that. 

This pic is a little older, but it does show the 2 cases side by side. And overall shows this side of my Sewer. I've got stuff wrapping around the room but these are the only 2 of these cases I have. 

I love them because they fit 4 magazine or 5 regular CGCs without issue, so perfect for the first 4. Found them in a local shop and had to buy them. Added some lights and they were good to go

Screenshot_20240316_193019_Gallery.thumb.jpg.154eb76252b4488f1891c49384a466bd.jpg

I was wondering where that Shredder piece ended up. 

Hey guys! Haven't been around the boards of late (which I hope to change...) but just wanted to share this recent pickup. This is my 3rd #11 in 9.8 though the years, I'm thinking this one will finally stick. :)

Happen to be doing some rearranging of the wall art as well when this arrived so figured it was a great time to snap a pic of its with the cover art. 

Great to see you around again!

Hey! Congrats on the 11 OA and 9.8. Definitely tough. Sometimes I forget how big these covers are. Looking at the OA, I describe it as an era piece. April’s hair, jacket, the way she’s standing with her hands in her pockets, the wind blowing, the sky, the cryptic way the Turtles and Casey are in the background- Ahhh. So good!!!!! The setup looks turtleriffic!

On 3/16/2024 at 4:32 PM, TMNT said:

That rug needs a manhole cover.

On 3/16/2024 at 11:51 PM, Turtle said:

Great to see you around again!

Adam, my man!! 

On 3/17/2024 at 5:53 AM, SpideyFein said:

Hey! Congrats on the 11 OA and 9.8. Definitely tough. Sometimes I forget how big these covers are. Looking at the OA, I describe it as an era piece. April’s hair, jacket, the way she’s standing with her hands in her pockets, the wind blowing, the sky, the cryptic way the Turtles and Casey are in the background- Ahhh. So good!!!!! The setup looks turtleriffic!

And absolute perfect description and a big part of why I love it so much.

On 3/17/2024 at 12:40 PM, shadroch said:

That rug needs a manhole cover.

You know, I though about that lol

On 3/16/2024 at 7:32 PM, TMNT said:

Thanks for the info.  That is exactly how I imagine displaying mine.  I'll have to keep my eyes out for that type of display.  I feel like I could ask you about your collection for hours!  :)  So much good stuff in one picture.  

Hi guys!

Would any of you have any TMNT Adventures covers for sale? I'm collecting the run right now and all the covers got me feeling nostalgic reading them as a kid, and I'd love to have a OA cover. Not looking for any one in particular.

Thank you! 🥳🐢🧀

I finally bit the bullet and picked up the Leo mech by Heatboys.  I'll say that while I've always been a fan of the aesthetics of "mechs", that's really only gone as far as owning transformers and enjoying Pacific Rim.  I never really got into Evangelion or the like. 

All that said, this thing is AWESOME! :yeehaw:

IMG_5235.thumb.jpg.7c105cf03ea80c408019d9e25592f0a5.jpg

IMG_5234.thumb.jpg.585e0bbe3681aeb7ead35265c93fb544.jpg

It's quite large and extremely detailed.  A good portion of the outside is cast in metal and many of the joints are good tight metal joints.  With so much metal, this thing is heavy.  I set it on a scale for one of the pictures and it's over 2 lbs!  It has a ton of articulation and the thing about this figure seems to be how customizable it is.  It has loads of accessories that can be displayed in a lot of different ways.  His main katanas (also metal) have sheathes that can be fastened to his back as shown or placed at his waist like a samurai.  He's got dual revolvers that can be holstered at his waist, legs or shoulders.  The shield can come apart and serve as armor for his arms or legs.  He's got a rifle, another short sword, and some shurikens that aren't in the picture.  Plus his stand has a hiding spot for all the extra accessories.  The base comes with a built-in stand so you can put him in jumping/flying poses if you wish.  The level of detail on this is crazy.

I'm pretty sure Michelangelo is out and Raphael will be soon.  Still waiting on the news about Donatello.  I was just going to check this one out and probably leave it at just the one, but I like this one so much that I'm very likely to pick up the other turtles when I can. 
I also heard they're working on a Splinter.  I'll have to check that out too. 

On 3/18/2024 at 3:19 PM, Gazoony said:

Hi guys!

Would any of you have any TMNT Adventures covers for sale? I'm collecting the run right now and all the covers got me feeling nostalgic reading them as a kid, and I'd love to have a OA cover. Not looking for any one in particular.

Thank you! 🥳🐢🧀

Wish I could help.. I used to own this one but it's long gone :sorry:. Good luck! 

TMNTA_48_cover.jpg

On 3/18/2024 at 10:57 PM, spracknetch23 said:

Wish I could help.. I used to own this one but it's long gone :sorry:. Good luck! 

TMNTA_48_cover.jpg

Wow! I love that one!

Do you mind letting me know what you let it go for?

On 3/18/2024 at 11:00 PM, Gazoony said:

Wow! I love that one!

Do you mind letting me know what you let it go for?

I'm a bit embarrassed to say, just under $100. :blush: Sold it on Ebay in the early 2000s, probably at the lowest point of the TMNT's popularity. I picked it up from Chris Allan himself at a con in '94 (he had quite a bit of covers for sale at that time, wish I'd picked up more). Unfortunately, I haven't seen this one since selling it and have no clue where it's at today. 

On 3/18/2024 at 11:07 PM, spracknetch23 said:

I'm a bit embarrassed to say, just under $100. :blush: Sold it on Ebay in the early 2000s, probably at the lowest point of the TMNT's popularity. I picked it up from Chris Allan himself at a con in '94 (he had quite a bit of covers for sale at that time, wish I'd picked up more). Unfortunately, I haven't seen this one since selling it and have no clue where it's at today. 

That hurt me to read it. 😭

What a great cover though, I'm sure it's somewhere in good hands.

On 3/18/2024 at 11:07 PM, spracknetch23 said:

It's crazy how Turtles has exploded just in the last few years.  You could get Eastman early art for $1000 a few years ago.  High Grade first prints were under $5,000.  

On 3/19/2024 at 12:08 PM, jaybuck43 said:

It's crazy how Turtles has exploded just in the last few years.  You could get Eastman early art for $1000 a few years ago.  High Grade first prints were under $5,000.  

Yeah, at the time of selling that cover, I sold some Adventures interior pages as well, around $30 - 50 each. Hard to imagine now, but $100 seemed good for the cover at that time.