• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

Holy cow, that was the info I was looking for (everything but the window bags, since that all I could find with google).

You are a wise man and a life saver. If I see you at the comiccon, then I will buy you a beer. I took off work on Friday to go early, and at least that day, hoping to get the SS done so I don't have to go on the weekend when I think it will be more packed.

Now to find some kind of turtle costume I can wear, and do a rain dance, hoping Kevin will show.

Again, thanks a ton!

-Pete

No problem!

Sometimes the Heavy Metal booth will be packed with a line that will get capped (no more new people in line), other times I've caught him just standing there with no people there. Luck of the draw, I guess.

Kevin and Heavy Metal wont be at NYCC this year due to scheduling conflicts.. My friend emailed Kevin and he confirmed this.

No problem!

Sometimes the Heavy Metal booth will be packed with a line that will get capped (no more new people in line), other times I've caught him just standing there with no people there. Luck of the draw, I guess.

Kevin and Heavy Metal wont be at NYCC this year due to scheduling conflicts.. My friend emailed Kevin and he confirmed this.

thanks for the info!

:cry:

:P

No problem!

Darth-Vader-No.jpg

Thanks guys! I still buzz a little over the notion of finally completing this goal. I'm NOT a slab collector but this is the one exception that I knew I would make.

And I do have a nice raw copy of Raphael 1... though perhaps someday I'll go after signed copies of the one-shots. :)

Are you talking about Volume 1 or all the TMNT books Mirage put out?

Any condition you're looking for?

Hi everyone. I'd like to talk about something that I actually had decided I was not going to announce. However; recent events have changed my mind.

Yesterday via facebook, I had put up a picture of the gifts I have purchased for my groomsmen. In that photo I tagged each of my guys. A number of you noticed that I tagged Kevin Eastman in that photo and came to me with questions. Which has led me to post about it.

In January I had asked Kevin if he would do me the great honor of being my best man at my upcoming wedding. I actually didn't think I had much of a chance. However; to my elated surprise, he said yes. On October 22nd, I will be wed to the love of my life, and I could not be happier that Kevin will be by my side when I do.

I originally had decided that I was not going to publicize this information (aside from a select few of you that I hold dear to me), as I never wanted this wedding to be about Kevin being involved. This day belongs to my future wife and myself, and I didn't want that to be clouded by "OMG Kevin Eastman"! It didn't even occur to me what I was revealing when I tagged him in that photo. But anyway, now you know.

Steph

Edited by Archon_Turtle

was he really a close friend or were you just a fan?

Thats a totally fair question.

I started out as a huge fan. But my collecting and fandom led us to end up around eachother alot (appearing in interviews and documentaries together, etc) and a legitimate friendship grew out of that.

was he really a close friend or were you just a fan?

Thats a totally fair question.

I started out as a huge fan. But my collecting and fandom led us to end up around eachother alot (appearing in interviews and documentaries together, etc) and a legitimate friendship grew out of that.

Very, very cool. It will be a Special Day in many aspects. Cheers!! :applause: