• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

I'll post this for the experts:

My Uncle recently died and as I"m helping my Aunt go through his comics I came across Tales of TMNT 1 and 2 (vol 1) NM.

All guides I see have this book priced surprisingly low, yet everything I can find when researching these two comics is that this comic seems to be really scarce. I'm trying to give my aunt advice one which comics to sell and which ones to put away into storage and am curious if anyone believes these books have future gaining potential or should we just add these to the pile of "a few more dollars is a few more dollars".

I've got to agree. Even in nearly perfect condition and professionally graded, you'd likely fall well shy of triple digits.

TalesoftheTMNT1.jpg

As for the main title:

Issue #1 1st-3rd prints tend to have value in just about any condition.

Issues #2-#6 have decent value in 9.8, although you'd likely at least get your grading fees back for 9.6's.

with a few exceptions, the remainder of the regular issues of the main title don't fetch much and won't command any sort of premium unless it's in a 9.8 (and even then it's not definite). The subsequent volumes and the Tales of the TMNT titles, while cool, never really took off in the value department.

If you think the #2 has a chance at a 9.8, I'd definitely be interested in buying it from you. :)

Thanks for the replies guys. My uncle collected indy stuff which I didn't have a clue about until I started to dig through his books. A no go for the turtles but I did find all three graphique mystiques as well as a pair of ninja high school #1s (NM+).

As for the TMNT 2 at 9.8 there is a minute staple crease and from what I know that's a no/no in the 9.8 category. I'll pm you an uploaded scan tonight.

Thanks for the replies guys. My uncle collected indy stuff which I didn't have a clue about until I started to dig through his books. A no go for the turtles but I did find all three graphique mystiques as well as a pair of ninja high school #1s (NM+).

As for the TMNT 2 at 9.8 there is a minute staple crease and from what I know that's a no/no in the 9.8 category. I'll pm you an uploaded scan tonight.

He might have some real gold in that old indy collection :wishluck:

As for the TMNT 2 at 9.8 there is a minute staple crease and from what I know that's a no/no in t,e 9.8 category. I'll pm you an uploaded scan tonight.

Yeah was hoping for some obvious easy sellers such as GL 76, Hullk 181, ASM 129 etc.

He did have complete run of miraclemen and the wood ink serious. But in compare and contrast there really is abouit 50 comics worth selling and 3 longboxes of stuff that isn't even worth the original price tag

Keeping with the theme of the thread here is that turtles. I'm horrible at grading but it looks like its closer to a 9.4 than 9.8 due to that itsy bitsy crease near Raphs nunchuks

TalesofTMNT001.jpg

As for the TMNT 2 at 9.8 there is a minute staple crease and from what I know that's a no/no in t,e 9.8 category. I'll pm you an uploaded scan tonight.

Yeah was hoping for some obvious easy sellers such as GL 76, Hullk 181, ASM 129 etc.

He did have complete run of miraclemen and the wood ink serious. But in compare and contrast there really is abouit 50 comics worth selling and 3 longboxes of stuff that isn't even worth the original price tag

Keeping with the theme of the thread here is that turtles. I'm horrible at grading but it looks like its closer to a 9.4 than 9.8 due to that itsy bitsy crease near Raphs nunchuks

TalesofTMNT001.jpg

You might want to throw up a few scans in the PGM forum before you start selling these books as 9.4's - this one looks like a 9.0/9.2 ...

Excuse the ignorance, but what's so special about TMNT Adventures 66,69, and 70 (or any one of those individually)? Final issues? Low printing? Really cool art? :P

A set just sold on ebay for $150+ :

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-Adventures-66-69-70-/380282786453?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588a9ed295

Seems like I'm missing out on something, not even my #1 CGC 9.8 went for that much :o

Any Clues/ideas/answers/prophecies?

-Pete

Um... I'm seeing some color breaking spine stresses, a few indentations, and soft upper corner on the spine. To be on the conservative side... I'd say 9.0 and I wouldn't grade this any higher than a 9.2.

Maybe worth a few dollars?

Excuse the ignorance, but what's so special about TMNT Adventures 66,69, and 70 (or any one of those individually)? Final issues? Low printing? Really cool art? :P

A set just sold on ebay for $150+ :

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-Adventures-66-69-70-/380282786453?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588a9ed295

Seems like I'm missing out on something, not even my #1 CGC 9.8 went for that much :o

Any Clues/ideas/answers/prophecies?

-Pete

I was hoping to complete that series for a dollar per book or less :(

For those of you keeping score (and I know a lot of you are):

The other day, Peter Laird was talking about going through his archives. Which prompted me to ask about the number of TMNT #1 first prints he still had...

Hey Pete,

Just curious as to how many copies (ballpark) of the first print TMNT #1 you have?

I understand they are not for sale, but it would be helpful to know how many are not "in circulation"

-Steph

and he responded:

I know I counted them at some point in the past, but I don't recall now the exact number. I think I may still have about twenty of them... far fewer than I WISH I had held onto! -- PL

Anyway, thought it was interesting.