• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,382 posts in this topic

9.8 TMNT 1 auction...............will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

WOW! :o how much did the last one go for?

There have been no other sales. The only copy up until this one belongs to board member Telerites. Legend has it that a friend urged him to buy the book in college. He kept if for years and didn't bother to submit it until Wizard World Texas '08.

9.8 TMNT 1 auction...............will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

WOW! :o how much did the last one go for?

There have been no other sales. The only copy up until this one belongs to board member Telerites. Legend has it that a friend urged him to buy the book in college. He kept if for years and didn't bother to submit it until Wizard World Texas '08.

That's amazing. :applause:

lol

I posted that some time last year in the signature room. Cool picture. This one also makes me laugh:

tmntirl.jpg

I've recently had an interesting copy of TMNT #1 (1st Print) back from CGC.

It graded an 8.0 W PGS with a CGC notation "Kevin B. Eastman and salutation written on interior cover in marker".

The interesting thing is the salutation, " "Louie, I never would have made it this far if not for the kicks in the butt when I needed them, and the words of confidence. Thanks for everything ! Best always, Kevin B Eastman."

Was there a Louie involved in the original production of TMNT ?

Does anyone have any thoughts on the origin of this copy or who Louie might be ?

TMNT1CGC80W0805.jpg

I just want to know who owned these books?!?!

And for how long and why now slabbing them?!?!

I know some Bordies don't like Grateful Doug for past doings (That is here nor there, THIS IS A TURTLE THREAD....WITH SOME OF THE BIGGEST BREAKING TURTLE NEWS AMONGST US....so let's keep focused please) he has been nothing but great on a comic level and personable level with me. Moral is, you gotta give it to Doug for being the chosen one to auction these books. This is a big sale. I can't wait to see what the 9.8 brings!!! I'm dying over here!!

Ok, I just talked to Doug briefly about the Turtle books. All the books are indeed from an OO collection who brought them to his comic shop to sell. The owner had quite a few multiple highgrade copies for #2, #3 and #4. (No multiple #1s or Turtle Manias, etc..) These are from what I gathered, are the best of his bunch. The owner is HUGE Turtle fan and obviously wanted and only collected the best of the best. They knew the TMNT #1 was a definite 9.6...with a 9.8 very possible. As we see now, CGC felt it was indeed good enough to be a 9.8. The comic book store owner called Doug to sell them. That is what know.

Anbody want to win that 9.8 for me as a belated B-day gift?? Can't hurt to ask right? lol!!

Hmm. I have a hunch that 9.8 #1 is going to be Adams no matter what it takes :P

I know I wish I was an octopus, because I would give up several arms and legs for that book. :)

Hmm. I have a hunch that 9.8 #1 is going to be Adams no matter what it takes :P

I know I wish I was an octopus, because I would give up several arms and legs for that book. :)

I would donate some fingers and toes possibly!!