• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,326 posts in this topic

Dark Knight Turtle?! Love it!! (worship) You know, I was THIS close to making the trip up to ATL for the con, had I known you was going... :pullhair: Congrats man on a fine, fine pickup. I'm still waiting for the Issue #1 9.8 SS that I know you're gonna pull one day :baiting:

I've also made a few recent pickups and thrown them up on CAF. One is a page from Issue 3, the other art from their first convention back in 1984. I don't buy much art, but when I do, I perfer Dos Equis. Stay thirsty, my friends. :)

I'll definitely pull that #1 in 9.8 one day...I just don't think it'll be anytime soon.

I made it to Dragon Con for the last 3 years but was thinking about skipping it this year. Then Eastman got announced and it turned into a no-brainer. In talking to him at the show, I found out that since he moved to Florida and the show is relatively close, he's planning on making Dragon Con one of his regular shows.

I saw that page on Ebay recently and thought about bidding. Knowing that you ended up with it, I'm glad I didn't. The page still makes me laugh. I'm always interested in your new acquisitions. You've got great taste in TMNT art. :headbang:

Finally, I set up a commission with Dan Duncan at Heroes. For those who don't know, Dan was the artist for the first 12 issues of the new IDW TMNT series. I never got a scan, so imagine my excitement when this arrived at my door yesterday.

TMNT%20Duncan%20-%20Team%20Watermarked_zps8fb68ce2.jpg

Thanks, Dan! You Rock!

Nice (thumbs u

I liked his art, not too sure about the new artist. The turtles look like this now

t_17565.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1

Edited by dupont2005

Missed the new show. doh! Didn't know it premiered. I'll set the DVR now.

In the mean time, here's a recent pickup in honor of the new show:

TMNTColorClassics01.jpg

Can't thank PeterPalmer enough for setting me up with this absolutely amazing cover by Dan Duncan. By far my favorite TMNT piece I own and actually hands down my favorite blank cover sketch I own! Thanks, bro!

DanDuncan_Michelangelo.jpg

Sort of a Kickstarter type thing for a Lawson TMNT gn.

http://www.indiegogo.com/tmntodyssey?c=home

The perks are actually good. $35 for the 90+ page book. OA at $175 (I think. I'm on the iPad and tabs are a pain so I'm not double checking) and deals on 2 and 3 pages.

$3,990 Raised of $3,270 Goal, so it will be funded. Only 5 people have purchased the original art options.

5 hours left.

Hi all

I dug up a mess of old Buyers Guides that I subscribed to in the 80s and had been stored in my attic for years.

Thought you might like to see this story from August 17, 1984...

C0811F54-8E38-4327-B3E0-14F783CBC85A-1013-000001D5E9E73EB9_zps9b91df6a.jpg

Neat! Thanks for sharing. (thumbs u

Anyone knows anything about this? I have no knowledge of this whatsoever I just found it my comic bin to my surprise it was limited. Any insights on how rare and valuable it is will be appreciated. Thanks.

TMNTCreed001.jpg

Anyone knows anything about this? I have no knowledge of this whatsoever I just found it my comic bin to my surprise it was limited. Any insights on how rare and valuable it is will be appreciated. Thanks.

Prior to the IDW comics, the Creed/TMNT crossover was the TMNT comic with the most variants / covers. The one you found is the Platinum which, oddly enough, isn't all that rare. The variants of the Creed/TMNT crossover are as follows:

- Trent Kaniuga cover regular

- Peter Laird cover regular

- American Entertainment Exclusive (Ltd. to 3,000)

- Platinum Edition (Ltd. to 2,000)

- Gold Edition (Ltd. to 1,200)

- S&N Edition (Ltd. to 700)

- Subscribers Direct Hybrid Edition (Ltd. to 500)

To answer the question as to the value of it...if it's in perfect condition, you could probably get $15 to $20 for it on ebay based on the last few I've seen.

Debating on whether or not to sell my TMNT #1 2nd print in NM- :juggle: Prices are all over the place on this one.

Is it graded? I have one on eBay ending tonite if you want to see where it falls.

Your copy has some unique variables that may not reflect what a raw copy would sell for. :baiting:

Debating on whether or not to sell my TMNT #1 2nd print in NM- :juggle: Prices are all over the place on this one.

Is it graded? I have one on eBay ending tonite if you want to see where it falls.

Your copy has some unique variables that may not reflect what a raw copy would sell for. :baiting:

You need to get the finger out of your and on the pulse of what the market is doing as a whole. :kidaround:;)

long time no speak! are you safe and sound up north?