• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,395 posts in this topic

Those are indeed very cool and pretty rare. Once in a blue moon the bagged miniatures show up on ebay. Most of the early stuff, which was offered through the Mirage books before the cartoon licensing, is extremely rare. There were these miniatures, the iron-ons, the glow-in-the-dark Leonardo t-shirt, and the button set. Here is some of my collection of these items. The iron-ons have proven to be the rarest item for me, as I've only ever been able to find 2.

Most of this stuff has been "under the radar" for a while, so for a long time it could be had cheap if you found it at the right time.

zu33ue.jpg

1o0qaw.jpg

2dtocd2.jpg

v336yt.jpg

2my0v3k.jpg

So effin awesome. I see those miniatures from time to time on ebay, wild range of prices. I always wanted them, but never knew what the whole collection would be. Thanks for sharing.

I'm really digging the big ones, would be a super fun project to paint!

Here's a pic. of another set of the lead miniatures I have. It appears there were two types of the third version, the early ones with a white piece of paper glued to the bottom with the names of the characters included and the item #, and the type that is just printed on the package without the item #.

Also is my limited edition button set (#455/1,000) but it seems one is missing...

140945.jpg.d4239477c70a01a5bccf00db35e4a2f7.jpg

Here's a pic. of another set of the lead miniatures I have. It appears there were two types of the third version, the early ones with a white piece of paper glued to the bottom with the names of the characters included and the item #, and the type that is just printed on the package without the item #.

Also is my limited edition button set (#455/1,000) but it seems one is missing...

Interesting..some of mine with the printing on the package have an item #. I haven't seen them with the piece of paper. I'm guessing there are a ton of packaging variants of these. (shrug)

I compiled a list of releases to the best of my knowledge. Hopefully it's helpful to somebody. I'm missing 6 in the photo above, all re-releases. There are a total of 13 original sets not including repackages.

1st style packaging= baggie stapled to flimsy paper (1 set released)

#142 Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, Raphael

2nd style packaging= "Dark Horse Miniatures" packaging (6 sets released; 5 new)

#142 Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, Raphael (re-release)

#166 Splinter, Shredder, 4 Mousers

#173 Fugitoid, Casey Jones, Triceraton

#174 Four Foot Soldiers

#175 Two Triceratons & Flying Harness

#176 Four Turtles with Energy Weapons

3rd style packaging= "TMNT" packaging (13 sets released; 7 new, plus 4 variations)

#142 Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, Raphael (re-release)

#166 Splinter, Shredder, 4 Mousers (re-release)

#173 Fugitoid, Casey Jones, Triceraton (re-release)

#174 Four Foot Soldiers (re-release)

#175 Two Triceratons & Flying Harness (re-release)

#176 Four Turtles with Energy Weapons (re-release)

#177 Terror Bears

#178 Player Characters

#179 Dr. Feral & Henchmen

#7501 Leonardo (upright)

#7502 Michelangelo (upright)

#7503 Donatello (upright)

#7504 Raphael (upright)

(no #) Leonardo (on side)

(no #) Michelangelo (on side)

(no #) Donatello (on side)

(no #) Raphael (on side)

Hey guys sorry to bother you with this question but couldn't find an answer to it previously (or I just suck at using the search function, could be that) Just got my TMNT 2 back from CGC and noticed that they label it as the first appearance of the mousers and that it is a wraparound cover but make no mention that it is the first appearance of April O'Neil. Anyone know why that is?

Hey guys sorry to bother you with this question but couldn't find an answer to it previously (or I just suck at using the search function, could be that) Just got my TMNT 2 back from CGC and noticed that they label it as the first appearance of the mousers and that it is a wraparound cover but make no mention that it is the first appearance of April O'Neil. Anyone know why that is?

It's been asked before but not sure if CGC was asked or if they decided not to -

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4428334#Post4428334

WOW that price makes me feel like I should definitely get mine graded. Although mine does have one color breaking spine tick so it probably won't come near 9.8 :cry:

It's been asked before but not sure if CGC was asked or if they decided not to -

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4428334#Post4428334

I didn't see an answer. I've often wondered this myself. April is a major TMNT character and it surprises me CGC doesn't mention her or Baxter for that matter on the label.

There is enough room since they've used 3 lines in the notes section on other books, and I'm sure they have been asked to add April? Anybody know why? Is there another book with April that pre-dated #2 that I don't know about?

I didn't see an answer. I've often wondered this myself. April is a major TMNT character and it surprises me CGC doesn't mention her or Baxter for that matter on the label.

There is enough room since they've used 3 lines in the notes section on other books, and I'm sure they have been asked to add April? Anybody know why? Is there another book with April that pre-dated #2 that I don't know about?

You're right. My post was just to show that it has been brought up before but again, I don't know if CGC was actually asked and if so, if they declined to add it the notation.

Since it's the same book and word is CGC replaced the owner with a new copy, there is definitely fowl play going on. That book should have been removed from the holder or returned to CGC when and if a replacement was given. 2c

Well speaking of the CLink Auction, this piece of OA (TMNT1 4th print) was auctioned off last week and I was curious if anyone was in the know about who nabbed it? Definitely a grail.

On the Gobbledygook books. I think CGC was wanting or needing some way of distinguishing the 50 copies. From their perspective its about liability. Not that they haven't made mistakes before, but the ability to verify a true copy on a consistent basis.

TMNT14th.jpg