• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,338 posts in this topic

Posted this over in the OA section, but I don't care...I'm gonna post this here too! :insane:

------------

I’ve done it, folks. I’ve reached the top of the mountain (mines, at least.) Somehow, someway the piece I’ve wanted most is now in my collection. If you’re anything like me, you have an “only in my dreams” list. It includes those few pieces of art that you would do just about anything to get. And even then you know the likelihood of getting any of them is close to nil. At the top of my list, numero uno, was this painting, which happens to be the first painting ever of the Ninja Turtles. It’d been locked away for nearly 30 years and now it’s in my hands. I still can’t believe I pulled this off… better pic to come soon!

RAW_zpsbb48f212.jpg

1984 Painting

(worship) (worship) This is the most remarkable art piece of the turtles I've ever seen. Congrats man. It literally makes me want to get into OA. That ol school pic of them at the show with the piece behind them is sick. Much props to you man. A true turtlefein.

Here's one I don't know that I've shown yet. This cover brings back memories as it was the art for the Gameboy game "Fall of the Foot Clan" that I played about a billion times through as a kid. It was also the cover to the original movie soundtrack that I had on tape.

It's signed and sketched by Eastman, Laird, and Talbot. I was bummed that Lawson cancelled his FCBD appearance. If he were there, I'd have had the whole creative time.

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtlesTheMovieSS.jpg

Love it!

I played the original Gameboy TMNT game to death. It was super simple to beat but the replay value made it remarkably good. I was unaware that the Gameboy cover was yet another actual Comic cover although I should have guessed.

I've gotten a couple PMs about the book so I'll clarify here: The book is hanging on the wall in the Midtown store in Times Square. As far as I can tell it's not posted on their website. I did see the book myself while I was in NYC yesterday but I'm in Boston now so I can't pick the book up for anyone. For those interested I suggest calling the store and talking to them about it.

I was there yesterday and considered buying this book. I had the book graded around a 5.5/6.0. Page coloring is a bit rough (ow/w at best, probably Cream to Off White) Realistically the book is actually about 950 (midtown has a deal where you get $20 off every $100 you spend, so youll get 220 off the 1100, which makes it 880 plus 8.75% sales tax which gets you to about $960. Its a nice book and would be really cool to own a 1st edition but Idk about sinking 1100 (after grading) to own a purple label 6.0. If anyone wants any information I can go there tomorrow morning. (its on the way to work)

I'm tempted to go over there and buy the book myself. I have a 9.8, 2nd print that I'll probably sell to pay for this book, but $960 is alot for a Copper book with CT. It might help to get it SS and get the yellow and purple label.

Edited by lemonman5

Without the CT it was an obvious buy in my mind when I saw it. I definitely still deliberated long and hard even after discovering the CT simply because it's so hard to find that book at that price point. I've dropped about $700 on comics in the last week and there's a part of me that wished I just took that money and tossed it at this book. It would definitely look a lot better in a yellow/purple label.

To be fair, knowing Alex as I do, without the color touch that book would have been priced somewhere between 2000-2500. He is a huge turtles fan and knows the value of that book. I'm still debating it.

Without the CT it was an obvious buy in my mind when I saw it. I definitely still deliberated long and hard even after discovering the CT simply because it's so hard to find that book at that price point. I've dropped about $700 on comics in the last week and there's a part of me that wished I just took that money and tossed it at this book. It would definitely look a lot better in a yellow/purple label.
How bad is the color touch? Could it be removed for the blue label?

You can take it off but it'll knock the grade down and will probably cost more then its worth.
Yeah, I know about CT removal and grade loss. I'm just curious to know how bad it is? Unless the book is covered in it, it most certainly won't cost more than its worth.

Its pretty extensive by my count (more then just someone taking a black marker to a spine tic) My comment may not come across correctly, my apologies for that. What I meant was that your going to pay 956 for the book, then lets say another 200 or so for restoration removal and then another 100 for gradin plus whatever for shipping. so youve got about 1300+ or so into the book. After the restoration removal there is no chance at a 6.0 (GPA of which is 1500) so thats what I meant by it not being worth it. I didn't mean that the removal would cost more than the book is worth :)