• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,338 posts in this topic

Hi, l was wondering how to tell first print from the others.?

Regards,

Wong

They cost more! :insane:

Seriously though there has been a lot discussion I think on this thread if you search around

I'd have no problem buying a raw TMNT #1 first print but yea do the research first to learn how to tell the difference. Quick list

1) Amount of blood on the sword blade in the T in turtles (should only be a small amount on the top, if there is any blood on the bottom of the sword its not a first print)

2) Inside front cover should just have the thanks to Quentin Eastman. 2nd and 3rd editions state that they are that. Those can be bleached away, check for that.

3) Inside back cover should have an advertisement for Gobbledygook #1 and #2, all other prints have a different ad (Turtles Iron on's).

4) Check the mailing address for Mirage in the indica. New Hampshire = 1st or 2nd print, Connecticut = 3rd+ printing.

This one isn't new, but I just made a scan of it. It's 11x17 and based on the material, I'd say it's more of a mini-poster than a print. It came out of SDCC 2012 around the same time the new cartoon debuted. It's an homage to the first issue using the new character designs for the show.

TMNTCartoon-Issue1Homage.jpg

I find myself enjoying the show and I've found that TMNT stuff seems to be everywhere when I go to the store. It really reminds me of my childhood when images from the 80's cartoon could be seen everywhere. :cloud9:

I've found that TMNT stuff seems to be everywhere when I go to the store.:

I know! I'm pretty floored by how much coverage they've gotten lately. Major displays, endcaps, tmnt items in non-toy sections and in non-conventional stores...and this is all before the movie hits!

:applause:

Nice job!

I think I've seen that image somewhere before, but I can't place it. Source?

It was a print I picked up at a con awhile back. The artist is Sunny Lee.

Here they are side by side. His looks better, but then again he's a professional artist and I'm a math teacher. lol

Mine is still in pencil. I don't feel comfortable trying to ink it. I think I'm going to keep it the way it is.

IMG_2279_zps279534ef.jpg