• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,338 posts in this topic

In what continuity? In advertisements? Comics? Magazines? Assuming you mean comics my guess would be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 (Archie, published in 1989)

I'm sure they were printed in color prior to Archie's 1, I just don't know if anything predates a book like New Age Comics #1 ( 1985 Pin-Up back cover ).

In what continuity? In advertisements? Comics? Magazines? Assuming you mean comics my guess would be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 (Archie, published in 1989)

I'm sure they were printed in color prior to Archie's 1, I just don't know if anything predates a book like New Age Comics #1 ( 1985 Pin-Up back cover ).

First Published Cover in color = New Age Comics #1 back cover '85

First Published color story ever = Grimjack #26 8 Page Story '86

First Published color story from Mirage = TMNT #7 (has short Corbern painted story) '86

**I had seen in different places either story marked as the first color so I asked Kevin Eastman - he told me the Grimjack was**

First color image of the Turtles ever = Convention Painting '84

And all the artwork linked is mines... :shy:

First Published color story from Mirage = TMNT #7 (has short Corbern painted story) '86

**I had seen in different places either story marked as the first color so I asked Kevin Eastman - he told me the Grimjack was**

Awesome! (worship)

:applause:

Went over to Midtown today to pick up the TMNT #1 first print and it was gone :( Anyone here get it/know who got it?

That's the worst! :tonofbricks:I hate when I'm ready to pull the trigger on an item and it's gone...

I was going to bid on it till I read this: "Glad you asked that. (forgot to put that in the description) I took it to my local comic book store for an unbias opinion of the condition and he gave it a grade of -good- with the water stain, the white spot on back cover and the general wear on front and back cover. thanks so much for the question! jim aka goober" Probably went a little higher then it should have. But hey super hard book to find in any grade.