• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,274 posts in this topic

Just noticed "How to draw the TMNT" got added to the TMNT Registry.

Didn't know that was going there.

Fine by me - just added my copy.

Thanks for pointing that out. I requested that it be removed as it's not part of TMNT volume 1.

I must have just missed it as the original request to have it added was on the 14th and I just added a few books to my registry set on the 17th and I didn't see it then. It must have been added in the last week.

I'd probably just request it's own registry. I think Solsen produced 7 books total? Maybe more. I'd love to get them all just gotta find time. Adam can probably give you a definitive total. (thumbs u

Solson published 8 books in total with 2 of them having cover printing errors. There could be more errors though...Solson did a crappy job and they even misspelled Raphael's name (i.e., Rafael). These books were creative ideas that were poorly executed.

How-To-Draw-Eastman-and-Lairds-TMNT_1st-print-1986-196x300.jpgHow-To-Draw-Eastman-and-Lairds-TMNT_variant-drab-cover_1st-print-1986-194x300.jpgTMNT-Martial-Arts-Training-Manual-01_1st-print-1986-202x300.jpgTMNT-Training-Manual-02-MICHAELANGELO-1st-print-1986-204x300.jpgTMNT-Training-Manual-02-MICHAELANGELO_Error_1st-print-1986-204x300.jpgTMNT-Training-Manual-03-DONATELLO_1st-print-1986-201x300.jpgTMNT-Training-Manual-04-RAFAEL_1st-print-1986-200x300.jpgTMNT-Training-Manual-05-LEONARDO_1st-print-1986-199x300.jpgTMNT-Martial-Arts-Training-Manual-06_1st-print-1987-198x300.jpgTMNT-Teach-Karate-Training-Manual-Vol-I_1st-print-1986-197x300.jpg

I now have the whole set. I just need to get the Silver slabbed.

TurtlemaniaSet_zps14a5e576.jpg

Congrats on completing the set! Oh how I want a gold. :sorry: I'm hoping to find a few in the next year or so.

This is one of the few Turtles books that I'm content with just a regular copy. I feel that the Gold and Silver would be nice to own but I'm not excited about the money involved to acquire one.

Seeing them together is pretty cool! Nice work woregul!

Yep, that's a great cover...and in 9.8 no less. Superb! Those are really hard to find. That's the only TMNT cover (if you don't count the "Museum Variant" cover that was later appended to the Mask of the Gargoyle version for Boston Comic Con a few years back). Kind of an odd little book.

Digital-Webbing-Presents-24_Museum-Edition_8-of-25-full_1st-print-July-2005-2012-300x227.jpgDigital-Webbing-Presents-24_Museum-Edition_exterior-and-interior1-150x200.jpg

Digital Webbing Presents #24 is one of the more modern covers with a retro feel that I LOVE! I finally got my hands on a HG limited copy. I think there's only 500 of these floating around out there? Anyways.. :headbang:

sDigitalWebbingPresents24.png

Very, very cool book!!

Never seen it before.

CONGRATS ON A 9.8!!!!

I'd probably just request it's own registry. I think Solsen produced 7 books total? Maybe more. I'd love to get them all just gotta find time. Adam can probably give you a definitive total. (thumbs u

Solson published 8 books in total with 2 of them having cover printing errors. There could be more errors though...Solson did a crappy job and they even misspelled Raphael's name (i.e., Rafael). These books were creative ideas that were poorly executed.

How-To-Draw-Eastman-and-Lairds-TMNT_1st-print-1986-196x300.jpgHow-To-Draw-Eastman-and-Lairds-TMNT_variant-drab-cover_1st-print-1986-194x300.jpgTMNT-Martial-Arts-Training-Manual-01_1st-print-1986-202x300.jpgTMNT-Training-Manual-02-MICHAELANGELO-1st-print-1986-204x300.jpgTMNT-Training-Manual-02-MICHAELANGELO_Error_1st-print-1986-204x300.jpgTMNT-Training-Manual-03-DONATELLO_1st-print-1986-201x300.jpgTMNT-Training-Manual-04-RAFAEL_1st-print-1986-200x300.jpgTMNT-Training-Manual-05-LEONARDO_1st-print-1986-199x300.jpgTMNT-Martial-Arts-Training-Manual-06_1st-print-1987-198x300.jpgTMNT-Teach-Karate-Training-Manual-Vol-I_1st-print-1986-197x300.jpg

Are any of these books ever high grade? I've looked and can't find one that I would a true 9.8.

Are any of these books ever high grade? I've looked and can't find one that I would a true 9.8.

They will be among the harder to find in high grade just because they are typically issues that get stuffed into bulk back-issue bins (usually not bagged or boarded). This is especially true for the "Martial Arts issues" due to the black covers. I used to see them quite a bit back in the 90s but they don't appear all that often.

Congrats on completing the set! Oh how I want a gold. :sorry: I'm hoping to find a few in the next year or so.

This is one of the few Turtles books that I'm content with just a regular copy. I feel that the Gold and Silver would be nice to own but I'm not excited about the money involved to acquire one.

They do look nice together. This is how I had my 3 copies framed...:

TurtlemaniasFramed.jpg

They do look nice together. This is how I had my 3 copies framed...:

TurtlemaniasFramed.jpg

Both of you guys - Danny & woregul.... (worship) (worship) (worship)

Here's a picture that I was very excited to take. Recently, after several years, I was FINALLY able to get the complete set of the City at War storyline from TMNT all graded in 9.8! :banana: Here's the group shot:

IMG_2991.jpg

Woa, sweet collection! I'm currently trying to build the same one, only unslabbed. :blush:

Here's a picture that I was very excited to take. Recently, after several years, I was FINALLY able to get the complete set of the City at War storyline from TMNT all graded in 9.8! :banana: Here's the group shot:

IMG_2991.jpg

Look at all those pretties!!! :D

That's a nice looking set - the City at War issues should probably have their own set IMO. I'm finding those issues hard to come by (let alone the rest of volume 1).

Gotcha Adam.

Wish this book good could go in some TMNT set though - somewhere.

Any ideas where it could fit Adam? Or Anybody?

I believe there are enough people out there with enough random slabs of TMNT stuff out there that we could have a catch-all TMNT registry set outside of the normal sets that exist. TMNT has so many one-offs and mini-series' that there's no real shortage of books to be listed. Just off the top of my head:

Turtlemania

Anything Goes

Grim Jack

Turtle Soup

First Comics Graphic Novels

Times Pipeline

Gobbledygook

Haunted Pizza

etc etc etc

Basically, people would just need to agree on what qualifies. It could be just books that are published by Mirage. Only books not published by Mirage. Parodies. Cameos. Only books from the 80's. Anything before 2000. Or you could just make it a true catch-all and let it be for any TMNT book outside of the main runs (volume 1, 5, etc.).

I've suggested this option before to others but have never formally requested it as it's not a registry set I would keep up with much. However, it could be fun to see if others wanted to agree on some parameters.

Just my 2c