• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,277 posts in this topic

AWESOME group shot! One of the best on the boards as far as I'm concerned. Well done! :applause:

You are missing one, though that doesn't take away from the fact that that's a super impressive shot!

I recently was able to complete a personal goal of collecting all the original TMNT oversize books in 9.8. It was quite an endeavour. This might be the first time that they have all been pictured together in 9.8 goodness:

turtlesc98_zps1954afef.jpg

turtlesb98_zps97ede968.jpg

now to get them all SS'd :insane:

Very nice set... congrats!

But marker squiggles on such nice copies... Nooooooo...!

You are missing one, though that doesn't take away from the fact that that's a super impressive shot!

Adam what "original" book is missing in your eyes?

If we're talking about just the oversized issues, I can only think of the #1 and #2 counterfeits or the oversized 6th printings (both HC and TPB) that were "missing" from the picture. hm

To my knowledge (limited albeit) I thought Rich completed the unbelievable!!

Hate to see any amount of rain on his well deserved and awesome parade!

I guess those with far more knowledge, need to shed some light on Adam's comment about "missing one."

So what is he missing that can be slabbed?

6th print?

thanks everyone for the good words! The pictures don't do them justice as they really pop in person.

I think Adam is referring to the 6th print Deluxe Edition. It was printed in 1992 after the original series of oversized comics (1984-1985) so I don't consider it to be on par. It's a great book but since it's in color and on high quality paper it doesn't garner a place amongst the originals with the black and white newspaper feel. My set focuses on books that predate 1990 when I think the art was at it's best and it still had an underground appeal.

That's what I thought about the 6th print upon just researching.

Hence why I thought you stated oversized 9.8s from the "original'' series.

Interesting stuff about the paper stock - that I never thought of or put together.

Congrats again on your accomplishment Rich!!

And seeing a group shot pic of ALL 9.8s for the first time ever -TOTALLY TUBULAR!! ^^

I see your reasoning and it makes sense.

Just want to point out it's not published in color. It was published with a sepia tone that stops the monochromicity I think you'rw referring to(B&W newsprint). That said it's still a really cool look for the pages and tends to make some of the pages pop more than the straight B&W newsprint.

Bottom line, your collection and ideology are second to none that I know or see... kudos again!

I don't know why earlier I thought a 6th print was standard. Between all this TMNT stuff, Batman selling extravaganza, and my store this past couple of weeks my mind is a mess. Thanks again Ryan for these books, you rock man!!! (thumbs u (BTW why should I have known the 6th print is magazine? Ryan sold me this one :insane:) I love the 6th print but when Ryan offered the IDW "First Turtle" booked signed I was all over it. God, I just love this book. :cloud9:

16thPrintFront.jpg

33Front.jpg

Also, huge thanks to TMNT(Danny) for selling me this commission piece. I'm in absolute love. I can't wait to get this framed along with the others. Thanks again man!! :whee:

Raph.jpg