• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,332 posts in this topic

Looks amazing!!! I love the swirls on the top. My next commission from him was going to be a snow scene.....the top sort of reminds me of whats in my head. It sucks that its virtually impossible to show off how amazing the colors are online....you don't get the full effect of a Talbot piece unless it is in person

Man, what an awesome Talbot!! :o

2 more Archie books came in for me this week :) That makes 4 of the 6, so just two more left to complete my E&L Archie run!

Archie198_zps286d78e3.jpg

Archie298_zpscb6ff593.jpg

I love Mikey in the 1. Any idea on why they drew him like that? I know he's the party dude, but they did that a few other times too. I guess they would sometimes pick one turtle and give him an different attitude from the others. I love those Archies btw. I could honestly say that they are some of the first comics I really picked up (and remember).

Man, what an awesome Talbot!! :o

2 more Archie books came in for me this week :) That makes 4 of the 6, so just two more left to complete my E&L Archie run!

Archie198_zps286d78e3.jpg

Archie298_zpscb6ff593.jpg

I love Mikey in the 1. Any idea on why they drew him like that? I know he's the party dude, but they did that a few other times too. I guess they would sometimes pick one turtle and give him an different attitude from the others. I love those Archies btw. I could honestly say that they are some of the first comics I really picked up (and remember).

I loved them too. My biggest pet peeve was the number of mutants they added each issue. I think they have an entire zoo of mutated animals covered by issue 20-something.

That's some nice books there!

I've put in an order for the 25th anniversary blue label; surprised I managed to get one as I missed out on the sketch cards last time. 5am releases hurt being over in Australia, but I'm glad I got one!

Still have to take some pics of my stash, hopefully this weekend I'll be able to find time to do it.

This also came in today. Wasn't really looking for this but at only $30 total shipped how could I pass up on it?

issue14thprint96_zps12b4d87a.jpg

I love this cover. Could you get me one too for $30. lol. Nice pickup, and nice haul from Archon. Love the SS's, and it looks like they all have head sketches.

I need some advise.

So I was thinking of doing one of two things with my vol 4 #'s 29 & 30; first thought was to remove them from their cases and keep them raw, second was resubmit them for a qualified label. They both have Laird head sketches on the back pages that I am sure brought down the grade significantly. Keep in mind I only paid about $140 for both slabbed. Or should I just leave them as is?

imagejpg2_zps691239f0.jpg