• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,269 posts in this topic

Oh WOW thanks for that. I like how you feel the need to try to bash me on this forum. First of all I don't have to prove anything to you. I do a lot of business with people on this site and they know about my collections. jimcas43 in the registry at one point got most of his 9.8 turtle volume 1s from me. the number 3 variant 9.8 that pubmomkey owns came from my collection at one time ( im pretty sure I sold it to someone else though). I have a ton of graded and non graded books. I travel all over and don't have the time to keep things up like I would like to. as far as a "crazy price". im only going of the two gold turtlemanias that I saw at comic con, one in CA and the other in NY they were priced at 10,900 and 12,500. I sold mine for more than that. As I told you before it was at my bank so I couldn't take pictures of it. it was something I had for a while and kinda just forgot about it per say. with everything going on with my wife and newborn being sick, sending you pics wasnt even on my list of thigs to do. I can say this. I don't know what makes me happier, the fact that your getting so tore up about this or that I sold it to someone else. either way they both make my day and I hope steve never post any info about the turtlemania, because you want to know so bad. If I could show everyone pics of it now and know that you will never see it I would do it in a heart beat. Sorry every one for the bad grammar. im typing this from my phone. :grin:(thumbs u

You're right. It wasn't right for me to air our email discussion publicly and I apologize (to you and everyone on these boards) for doing this.. That was between you and me. I've removed that post.

What you do (or don't do) with your possessions is none of my business. For your own reasons you chose not to share pictures or information about the Turtlemania Gold (with me and all of us on the forums) and that's absolutely your right. I have no solid basis to question your integrity or your motives. I can only say that it doesn't sit well with me that you came here advertising this highly-sought-after book but it never materialized. But I agree that you don't owe me anything and you don't have to prove anything to me about your collection or the contents of it - or that you truly possessed this book. Whether you actually had the book or not, I shouldn't have posted what I did and should have waited until clearer heads prevailed if I wanted to say something.

It's your right to sell the Turtlemania Gold to whomever you wish - which you've now done. I suppose my frustration mainly comes from hearing this Turtlemania Gold was sold and you didn't give me (or others on this board) an opportunity to be in the running to purchase it (at least not publicly). Especially after we exchanged messages where I expressed my interest in the book. We never even got the opportunity to see it or know its details...or its pedigree. It's a book I've personally been seeking to acquire for nearly 25 years. A book this rare and so highly prized among Turtles collectors would have certainly garnered some hefty competitive bids within this community. In the end, it sounds like you're happy with the sale and that it's gone to a great owner. If it makes your day that I didn't end up with it, I suppose that might be somewhat of a natural reaction given how I handled things. But I'm saddened to hear it none the less.

Regardless, I do hope someday the new owner of this Turtlemania Gold book (whatever its number) chooses to post it here. We'd all love to see it.

Just wanted to share my son's Christmas present from his Uncle Rick. He always loved drawing, and would always impress me with his stuff, but this blew my mind.

image_zps5d6okwun.jpeg

Needless to say I was the one who was really happy (even though I am "training" my son to say ninja turtle and to identify each turtle)

I hope everybody had a nice holiday and great new year!

Well.

I can't afford it right now, so I figured I'd share with you guys as I just pop over to the Eastman's site randomly just now and had to share as it would be a shame if one of you gents are looking for one and didn't see this.

http://fan.kevineastmanstudios.com/?product=tmnt-3-variant-error-9-4-cgc-graded

Also willing to accept a 9.8 you may have that I need as a thank you :P joking.

Edited by Hurtszick

Thanks fellas. I have to get it framed. I'm going to have to buy a cheap frame for now (as framing my wife's master's is more important), but it's so cool to look at. I love the fact that he put Usagi in there for me. I also didn't notice Splinter in the window for a couple minutes after he had given it to me. The colors are definitely cool too.

I'm going to encourage him to draw more, as he really has so much potential and used to love it. I still draw a better turtle though (at least I like to convince myself I do.)

Nice my man!! :headbang:

(Odd thing was I emailed them in October, I think and they responded stating it would ship before Christmas. Than I emailed them right before Christmas and they replied right away, were nothing but nice & apologetic telling me now maybe Feb, but more than likely March.....

Than out of the blue today I got that email.)

Stoked!