• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,277 posts in this topic

I am just starting to collect tmnt. Outside of the 1st print. Any issue between 1-10 and tutleminia What are some of the keys to go chace after? thanks for any advice blind adam out

Outside of the 1st printing of #1 (and skipping errors and counterfeits), this is what exists for Issues #1-10 from Mirage (+ Turtlemania). I'm not sure really how to classify what is "key"...the first 12 issues + the micro-series one-shots are pretty much keys in anyone's Mirage TMNT collection:

• TMNT #1 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th TPB, 6th HC, PBBZ, Video Game, 2009, FCBD
  • TMNT #2 1st, 2nd 3rd
  • TMNT #3 1st, 1st NYCC variant, 2nd
  • TMNT #4 1st, 2nd
  • TMNT #5-7 1st, 2nd
  • TMNT #8-10 1st
  • Turtlemania Regular, Silver (ltd. to 100), Gold (ltd. to 10)

And don't forget Gobbledygook #1 & 2 (50 copies each) - 1st ad on back cover.

Other cool early stuff to collect (that I don't hear people talk about very often) would include:

- the first CBG in which the Turtle ad appeared (anyone know what issue that was)? Actually any of the CBGs with early Turtles ads/illustrations are cool

- Colt #2 1st printing (KZ Comics) - 3000 copies with a Laird TMNT pin-up inside

- The Turtles Role playing game books - some have early Turtles stories in them

- There are some early fanzine books by Eastman & Laird that are cool

- The early iron ons, lead figures, and buttons advertised in the back of the books

Just some ideas...

I have a few fun things to add, mostly odds and ends, but some of my favorites:

- The original TPBs that were printed in color (still my favorite way to read these issues)

- The "karate" books that are mostly stupid, but still kinda fun

- Anything Goes #5 (DAT COVER)

- The Viking Heroes/Turtles TPB

- Challenges mini TPB by Michael Dooney (simply amazing)

Thinking about this stuff has brought back some good memories!

"- The early iron ons, lead figures, and buttons advertised in the back of the books"

I have a bunch of these and love them all!!

The only thing I don't have a bunch of is the iron-ons. I only have one of them and they are nearly impossible to find.

I agree. The iron-ons have proven to be some of the most difficult to find items. I usually try to buy them when I have the opportunity since it's such a rare occasion. That being said I only have 5 after 20 years of collecting!

However, I've seen every single one of them, besides Fugitoid, either for sale or in someone's collection. So they do exist.

Here are my few:

2l9s7wn.jpg4lnjbb.jpg6supo9.jpgawaxxe.jpg2py4aom.jpg

I believe that Kevin told me that they didn't produce many of the iron ons - I think he said that maybe 10 of each were produced (or maybe still exist). Yes, very rare.

I agree. The iron-ons have proven to be some of the most difficult to find items. I usually try to buy them when I have the opportunity since it's such a rare occasion. That being said I only have 5 after 20 years of collecting!

However, I've seen every single one of them, besides Fugitoid, either for sale or in someone's collection. So they do exist.

Here are my few:

Here are my few:

Those are sweet! I've only personally seen two of them. One I bought (the middle one in your set), the other's price was WAY unreasonable (at the time). They are very cool though.

Hey guys i have some graded ninja turtle comics if anyone is interested. im having a hard time uploading pictures so i made a youtube video instead. i also have turtlemania silver proof cover. please let me know if anyone is interested thanks

Nice pickup for $100. Love the proof too. You said you had a gold Turtlemania. Could you share a pic or youtube of it? What # out of 10 is it?

Whatever became of this "I have a Turtlemania Gold" guy? Anyone ever see this Gold?

Hey guys i have some graded ninja turtle comics if anyone is interested. im having a hard time uploading pictures so i made a youtube video instead. i also have turtlemania silver proof cover. please let me know if anyone is interested thanks

Nice pickup for $100. Love the proof too. You said you had a gold Turtlemania. Could you share a pic or youtube of it? What # out of 10 is it?

Whatever became of this "I have a Turtlemania Gold" guy? Anyone ever see this Gold?

He got caught in a lie, and left with his tail between his legs.

Btw - Congrats to whoever did win my 9.6 signed n sketched blue label #1.

They paid a lot less than I did for it way back when. Plus they got it for under the agreed trade value, upon using it towards my 9.8. (thumbs u

I really hope it was a TMNT Boardie who won it and owns it for a while. :headbang: