• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,274 posts in this topic

Congrats on that beastly piece Sofistocat. What a beauty.

Here's my Talbot piece from NYCC. I had seen a purple moon in one of his prior commissions, and had to get one. He of course nailed it. He's such a great guy. Always welcoming and friendly.

Thanks, I'm really happy how it turned out. Hopefully I cam make it to Springfield MA next weekend to have Lawson sign it...

Nice sketch cover, Eric never slacks on the quality... Haha, that's actually my sketch cover in his rack. He did a wraparound Foot Clan themed sketch for me, came out great.I almost didn't want to get it slabbed, but did. Below is a front/back shot. I just love his take on things!!!

21423682064_28c8d905f2_b.jpg

I went to NYCC the first day, super big thank you to the men who hooked me up!!! I finally got to meet Todd McFarlane. Super cool dude! Pretty sure I was the only guy to get his sig on a TMNT related item. Still one of my favorite turtles pinup! He picked a great color to sign it with too, Terrapin Green! It was humorous to me that people asked why I would wait three hours to have him sign this. I couldn't help but ask why they all had Hulk 340 and Spidy 300... "I Keep It Real!"

22040143130_28a52db45e_c.jpg

TMNT (vol 1) #50, I believe.

You are correct sir. Mirage had a Marvel trifecta in the back of the issue. McFarlane, Simonson and Larsen had full page pinups. Simonsons was used by IDW as a cover for an early issue CVR B I think. Interesting how Larsen got involved years before volume 3.

21434475123_d3cc9e3eb2_b.jpg

Someone please direct me to the Ninja turtles first print aficionado 1-4 all variants NYCC

Someone who has kept up with sales etc over the years familiar with the books graded

If you're looking for pricing data, buy a $10 subscription to gpanalysis.com. It has a lot of pricing data going back years. Whether you're looking to buy or sell, the $10 you spend will be nothing compared to the money you stand to save. Well worth it.

Someone please direct me to the Ninja turtles first print aficionado 1-4 all variants NYCC

Someone who has kept up with sales etc over the years familiar with the books graded

If you're looking for pricing data, buy a $10 subscription to gpanalysis.com. It has a lot of pricing data going back years. Whether you're looking to buy or sell, the $10 you spend will be nothing compared to the money you stand to save. Well worth it.

Ok thanks!

I'm glad they arrived safe and sound!

You're right, Rich. Especially #46. Easily in my top 5 TMNT covers ever. Easy.

Here's a piece I was able to get from Eric Talbot in Baltimore:

IMG_8105.jpg

It's what's known as a "Troy blank" named after the board member who made them. He took bristol board, cut it down to the size of a comic cover, and bound it around the outside of a book, making custom blanks during a time when blanks weren't being made for every issue. It's great for sketches of properties not attached to Marvel or DC. The nice part about these blanks is that since they're bristol board, they take color very well, much better than most blanks. And since they get the NG rating (preferred in my eyes), condition isn't a factor, so no need for window bags, so the artist can use the entire cover without detriment.

In this case, it was wrapped around and IDW TMNT book:

TMNT%20Talbot%20-%20Don.jpg

It's what's known as a "Troy blank" named after the board member who made them. He took bristol board, cut it down to the size of a comic cover, and bound it around the outside of a book, making custom blanks during a time when blanks weren't being made for every issue. It's great for sketches of properties not attached to Marvel or DC. The nice part about these blanks is that since they're bristol board, they take color very well, much better than most blanks. And since they get the NG rating (preferred in my eyes), condition isn't a factor, so no need for window bags, so the artist can use the entire cover without detriment.

In this case, it was wrapped around and IDW TMNT book:

TMNT%20Talbot%20-%20Don.jpg

Very cool!