• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,391 posts in this topic

Mailday:

Raph_1_96.jpg

Looked more like a 9.4 but not complaints here!

1_6_98.jpg

Restored: "Color touch" . Unfortunately for me I didn't notice the 1/16" top spine was hit with a sharpie. I can't believe all the trouble I've gone through to find one this nice.

Currently the only Copy registered with CGC!

1_1_94.jpg

Bingo

In transit:

#1 - 4th Print 9.8

#1 - 5th Print 9.8

#7 - 2nd Print 9.6

Edited by DJB

Will do.

My train of thought was to try and sell all my #1s in one lot. 1st through 6th. Would be expensive but a cool way for someone to acquire all these books in NM in one shot. That might be added incentive, or not as it would be a very pricey lot to sell.

What do you/anyone think?

Maybe someone can help me out with deciphering the census? Vol. 1 #1 has what I believe to be 2 slots for the 5th print. One lists as 5th print, and the other census page doesnt show a variant print but instead shows the same year as the 5th print.

I can only assume theres been 2 spots for 5th print for some odd mistaken reason.

Personal side note,

this is heavily depressing to get rid of this collection. ESPECIALLY after just acquiring my holy grail. I was only 5 books away from having every #1 variant graded.

Edited by DJB

If you're trying to maximize your money, you should split up the books. Most people who want a #1 1st print have no interest in getting any other issues or variants. Plus some people are only willing to buy what they need for their collection and don't want to buy a lot of books just to sell off the ones they don't want. Some would rather just pass on the auction altogether. My 2c

As for the 5th print, I've asked the question several times without response. I'm about 95% sure that it's a mistake. The second slot for a #1 from 1988 only appeared after I submitted this one:

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles01965thPri.jpg

I believe it should be consolidated with the other graded 5th prints.

Just out of curiosity, which 5 books were you missing? There are 11 prints/editions that I can think of and I'm wondering which ones you didn't sub yet.

That's weird that they have done that. I too have contacted them in the past with no response.

I currently have the first 6 prints graded.

I have PBBZ(7th), FCBD, '10 Color Reprint, & Color Reprint MISPRINT ready to be shipped out, but looks like I'm not doing that anymore. Only one missing is the Gamestop Reprint from '07. I only have one copy of that and its not nice. Its been a tough book to get a hold of.

So that equals out to 11 with me also.

Also, thanks for the advice.

btw, that 5th print looks like a 9.8.

btw, that 5th print looks like a 9.8.

It does to me too. Must be an interior issue I missed...all three graders gave it a 9.6 the front and back covers look flawless. Sharp corners and no ticks.

MK-BK362_HORIZO_DV_20110306180346.jpg

First official Turtle image out of Nickelodeon. Discuss!

Is this going to be standard 2-D animation or 3-D along the lines of Beast Wars? I can't really tell from the image.

I watched the original cartoon series when I was little just like every other boy my age in the late 80's/early 90's. I then got into the comics and although I jumped on late, I got on board with the 2004 series and I LOVED it. I loved the character design and I loved that many episodes were fairly direct adaptations from the comics. Peter Laird had his hand in the 2004 series and tended to guide it in a lot of ways. The biggest departure was how the series dealt with Shredder, but other aspects were very true to the comics. I wasn't huge on Fast Forward or Back to the Sewers, but seasons 1-5 had me hooked.

I assume they won't be re-hashing the same stories from the '04 series/comics, so the stories will likely be brand new with all the regular characters accounted for (Splinter, Shredder, April, etc). I don't think I'll like the new series anywhere as much as I liked the '04 series, but I'll be sure to give it a fair shake.

Here's what I got in the mail today. I received the rare TMNT 3 NYC variant. I won it on ebay from tmnt_toys aka Mirage. After winning the auction, I requested that Peter Laird sign and sketch the cover. Here's what I got:

(Let me know if there is a better way to add images -- ah. photobucket!)

IMG_0394.jpg

Here's what I got in the mail today. I received the rare TMNT 3 NYC variant. I won it on ebay from tmnt_toys aka Mirage. After winning the auction, I requested that Peter Laird sign and sketch the cover. Here's what I got:

(Let me know if there is a better way to add images)

Is Laird the one running those auctions? Didn't know that.

Mirage is selling some of Peter's personal collection. It came with a certificate of authenticity stating that.

It also came with these as extras (sorry they are a little grainy) all signed by Peter:

This one also has a sketch:

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

(Let me know if there is a better way to add images)

Is Laird the one running those auctions? Didn't know that.

Nope...Dan Berger is running them, but he's still in regular contact with Peter.

Great freebies! I love the prints!

IMG_0394.jpg

Nice book. I was the underbidder on that copy :)

As some of you know, I have been dismantling my collection due to buying a home. :D + :cry:

It's been fun while its lasted over the past 2 years getting CGC books, and even more so when I started coming here and learning from everyone.

I have a thread in the Comic Market - Sales Advertising. I know this may be a little out of line or against board policy so I won't list the link.

I just figured some of you may not visit those sections and overlook it. So some of you may appreciate the heads up that theres TMNT CGC books for sale. (shrug)

I have a massive collection of raw TMNT books so hopefully once I'm settled again I can return to submitting books and getting back and improving my spot. (#6!)

I hope no one takes offense to this post. :)

Thanks,

-Don

IMG_0394.jpg

The price makes me gasp.

I RETURNED a copy in 2002-03 ish because it was advertised as "NM", when it was a solid F/VF.

Price?

$67.

doh!

IMG_0394.jpg

The price makes me gasp.

I RETURNED a copy in 2002-03 ish because it was advertised as "NM", when it was a solid F/VF.

Price?

$67.

doh!

Honestly I can never figure out why this book is worth as much as it is?

IMG_0394.jpg

The price makes me gasp.

Price?

$67.

doh!

Honestly I can never figure out why this book is worth as much as it is?

It's the rarest "early Turtles", and, perhaps most importantly, it's been broken out in the OPG since 1989. Once that happens, it's "must have."