• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM : Amazing Fantasy 15

28 posts in this topic

I have an opportunity to pick up this book. I haven't looked at the book in person yet. below is the description and scans that I have received. I know the top is cliped in the scan just give me an idea based on what you do see. Any ideas would help me out.

CONDITION Really hard to put a grade on. It has real good colors and good interior page quality. It does have a tiny bit of Marvel chipping and a tiny bit of almost Marvel chipping. There is a tiny tear that cuts into the cover and pages and back cover, and there is another small tear in cover as well. There is some wear and some light creases but overall the book presents real well.

AF15Front.jpg

Af15Back.png

I'd say if the top edge is similar to the bottom edge (which is in great shape!) this easily could garner a 3.0...and depending on how much the "all the way through the book" tear is hammered, possibly a 3.5...maybe that's the one flaw that keeps this at 3.0 tops, and perhaps 2.5...

I cruised the AF 15s presently on Clink just to review some comparisons...interestingly some of the 2.5s look nicer than the 3.0s and vice-versa...this 3.5 though does have pretty much an equal level of Marvel chipping on the right edge...

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fcgcitems%2Easp%3Fid%3D4552%26FROM%3D%26TO%3D&id=765215

(shrug)

Given CGCs leniency towards Marvel chipping they might grade it as high as 3.5 - but 2.5 is probably what most anyone else would say - that's one of the reasons books like this get slabbed.

I'm gonna go with 3.0. Even with the heavy Marvel chipping, the eye appeal is really nice.

I hate to say it, but does the left edge on the back look a bit funky to anyone else? Hard to tell for sure from the small scan....but if you're going to see the book in person, I'd take a careful look at that area.

As to grade, 2.5 means you got jobbed, 3.0 is fair, and 3.5 is a gift . . . lol

The thing this copy has going for it, is that none of the apparent defects impact the important "eye appeal" areas - central image FC and logo. :)

I did finally sent my book in to CGC.

AF15FC-1.jpg

AF15RC.jpg

It got the grade I believed it would. Thanks for all of your input

John B.

(thumbs u

Think that's what David thought it was,...........right?

Great book John !!!