• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Iron Fist next year!

16 posts in this topic

Yes! I'm glad to hear this but, I wonder if Marvel would even be giving Danny Rand a chance if there wasn't a hint of a possible Fist movie.

Is anyone here familiar with Marvel's character licensing policies? Is there a reason why they aren't producing ANY new characters of note? All we're getting is retreads and second, third, and fourth-tier characters in their OWN titles... surely this has something to do with Marvel's "ownership" of the characters they print? Is that policy the reason why no one wants to bring a new character to Marvel-- because if the character catches on, Marvel owns it and the creator is FUBAR?

Anyone... anyone... ?

I have only thought of this for a few minutes…so I might change my mind, but anywho….

What was the latest Marvel hero or villain that was really popular? As in a character that sold comics on its own and often used to sell other books?

The latest heroes I can think of are Wolverine or Punisher…and how long ago did they spring up? The only villain I can think of is Venom and it is not like he was that popular.

I couldn’t count the new characters that have come along since then. My guess it has all been done. 99% of all new characters are just variations of past popular ones (just look at all the first Image releases).

And on a slightly different note…I am looking forward to the Deadpool movie that is supposed to be on for 2005 (last time I checked).

I'm looking forward to this. At Newsarama they had this artical about 6 new Marvel titles:

Linky

Captain America and the Falcon sounds good, Priest is a great writer. I'm also looking forward to Bandis & Meelev returning to Daredevil with #56. Newsarama's interview with Bendis was great:

Bendy

-Paul

I'm looking forward to this. At Newsarama they had this artical about 6 new Marvel titles:

Linky

Captain America and the Falcon sounds good, Priest is a great writer. I'm also looking forward to Bandis & Meelev returning to Daredevil with #56. Newsarama's interview with Bendis was great:

Bendy

-Paul

Okay, so we've absolutely NO new characters coming in this next wave AND another Alpha Flight??

Is anyone else seeing the problem here?

Why is Marvel perpetuating this cycle of failure? Because fanboys will buy ANYTHING Marvel for the first few issues? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Is that why we're seeing yet ANOTHER Alpha Flight?

Okay, so we've absolutely NO new characters coming in this next wave AND another Alpha Flight??

Why is Marvel perpetuating this cycle of failure? Because fanboys will buy ANYTHING Marvel for the first few issues? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Is that why we're seeing yet ANOTHER Alpha Flight?

It's all a big conspiracy to get you to buy DC! They've been the true mainstream innovators in the last twenty years.

Speaking of Iron Fist, is there a trade paperback or HC reprinting of the 70s MP and IF series? It was one of my favorites and I'd love to get the stories without having to track down all the issues.

It's all a big conspiracy to get you to buy DC! They've been the true mainstream innovators in the last twenty years.

It's working! wink.gif The Big Two are equally guilty of this, but the fanboys are to blame. Damn enablers.

Linky

Bendy

-Paul

in·san·i·ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-sn-t)

n. pl. in·san·i·ties

1. Persistent mental disorder or derangement. No longer in scientific use.

Law.

a. Unsoundness of mind sufficient in the judgment of a civil court to render a person unfit to maintain a contractual or other legal relationship or to warrant commitment to a mental health facility.

b. In most criminal jurisdictions, a degree of mental malfunctioning sufficient to relieve the accused of legal responsibility for the act committed.

a. Extreme foolishness; folly.

b. Something that is extremely foolish.

Linky

Bendy

-Paul

in·san·i·ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-sn-t)

n. pl. in·san·i·ties

1. Persistent mental disorder or derangement. No longer in scientific use.

Law.

a. Unsoundness of mind sufficient in the judgment of a civil court to render a person unfit to maintain a contractual or other legal relationship or to warrant commitment to a mental health facility.

b. In most criminal jurisdictions, a degree of mental malfunctioning sufficient to relieve the accused of legal responsibility for the act committed.

a. Extreme foolishness; folly.

b. Something that is extremely foolish.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif