• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is TomorrowsTreasures on ebay a board member?

27 posts in this topic

Before you direct me to the search function, I've already tried and couldn't find much.

Anyway, if its not, any word on this 'bayer?

Whatever you do, don't talk to him first over the phone or in person...the dude will talk for half a day. Very opinionated and strange is he, but in the hobby...I think he's one of the good guys....as long as you ask him if any work was done on the books he's selling.

Before you direct me to the search function, I've already tried and couldn't find much.

Is that Richie Muchin? If so, search his name.....

Is that Richie Muchin? If so, search his name.....

Thanks for the tip (thumbs u

But, didn't yield any results that gave me an answer. doh!

I think he's one of the good guys....as long as you ask him if any work was done on the books he's selling.

Your kidding, right?

Muchin is one of the worst offenders of selling books with undisclosed restoration. According to him, if it's under a certain grade, "restoration doesn't matter" and can go unmentioned.

It's only recently that he bothers to mention it.

Whatever you do, don't talk to him first over the phone or in person...the dude will talk for half a day. Very opinionated and strange is he, but in the hobby...I think he's one of the good guys....as long as you ask him if any work was done on the books he's selling.

That's if you can get him to talk to you. Many times I've seen him prefer to flip through stacks of comics instead of tend to customers (including me).

And he does have a different idea of what restoration is than most of the hobby, Tear seals to him are "conservation" and not restoration. I believe CGC would PLOD those "conserved" books.

The only dealings with him was I purchased an Action #96 raw graded by him as an 8.5 CGC gave it a 6.0 He was somewhat offended when I mentioned it to him via e-mail.

My last post this weekend! I'm off to the con! :banana:

I have to add my personal experience with Richard, overgraded, overpriced,

and sometimes restored (no disclosure).

- Specifically, I had an FF19 that turned out to be trimmed (per Matt).

- An Action 296 (??) came back as 8.5 Blue label but I paid a premium over top guide.

When I bought a small stack from him years ago(high grade Silver), he would price them at double guide and give a discount. I cannot recommend him.

That's if you can get him to talk to you. Many times I've seen him prefer to flip through stacks of comics instead of tend to customers (including me).

I had the same experience with him, what an odd guy. Downright rude too. In all fairness I have only dealt with 2 times over the years at conventions so maybe he was just having bad days. His site is in shambles too. There are two dealers in Commack that I know of - Tomorrow's Treasures and Highgradecomics; it is an easy choice to who I want to deal with.

I had the same experience with him, what an odd guy. Downright rude too. In all fairness I have only dealt with 2 times over the years at conventions so maybe he was just having bad days. His site is in shambles too. There are two dealers in Commack that I know of - Tomorrow's Treasures and Highgradecomics; it is an easy choice to who I want to deal with.

Heh. I've purchased from Highgradecomics once - a raw Batman 300 sold to me as a 9.4. CGC said... 9.4!

I should buy from Bob more often....