• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first complete Timely run!

49 posts in this topic

I would normal post this in the Timely thread but felt compelled to start a new thread to celebrate the completion of my Subby run! My apologies in advance for clogging up the Golden Age forum.

In the summer of 1996, I purchased my first two Timely/Atlas superhero comics at my LCS, a VG Subby 35 and a beater Subby 27. I had been collecting comics since I was 11 years old and by this time had a 70% complete Silver Age/Bronze Age Marvel collection.

Growing up, I had dreamed of owning a complete run of silver and bronze age Marvels but I never dreamed about about owning any golden age Timely's. I had only seen maybe a handful of Timely's in my life at a number of LCS's. I had always been fascinated by reprints of the Bill Everett Subby stories :cloud9: in the Invanders, Marvel Superheroes and Fantasy Masterpieces. So over the last 12+ years, I worked on completing my Silver Age Marvel collection and I acquired the ocassional Timely on the way. But over the last few years, the lure of the Timely's took over and I gave up my quest for the Silver Age Marvels.

So, without any further blah, blah.

Subby 9 and my Subby run is complete! :acclaim:

Subby9.jpg

Vern.

:golfclap:

How does it feel to complete something like that as that is quite an accomplishment...do you feel satisfied or will you miss the chase?

That's one of the reasons I bought the MMC #5. I want to complete a mini run (2-13) so that I can "rest easy" and not follow the sickness. It is a sickness.

R.