• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROBOJO 33 DISCUSSION Thread WARNING! ROBOJO inside!

422 posts in this topic

what seems to be sheer folly is the fact that you have these GEMS, for example, an Amazing Spider-man 2 in NM+ condition, apparently unrestored, and you are willing to sell it for a fraction of what it is worth because you don't want to wait 20 business days for it to come back from cgc. All I'm saying is, if I had these books and I knew them to be unrestored, I sure as heck would be trying to maximize their value by sending them in to a grading company.

Or maybe you are pretty confident it will not come back a blue labeled 9.6

So although raw eBay sellers do not guarantee CGC grades, I'm to be held to that implauible standard of guaranteering numerical grades on every listing?

To be fair, I think that would be unrealistic, but if you'd care to wager on the ASM #2...

I already did pose a wager. On it being unrestored. I was wrongly accused of listing a restored comic as unrestored. Nobody seems to want any part of backing up that accusation and accepting my wager. Not even the one(s) that made the accusations or commented on it. The gears were switched fairly quickly when I made that wager to a proposed wager that no seller of a raw comic in their right mind would make.

Dude! I can understand that with a restoration guarantee clearly stated in your auction, you aren't going to gain much by trying to sell restored books; no interest here in wagering purely based on restored / unrestored. Please humor me... Would you be willing to wager $5K, where you win if it comes back unrestored 9.6 or better and other party wins if it comes back 9.4 or lower. This bet is clearly stacked in your favor IF you truly believe it is an unrestored 9.6... Plus if you win, that should silence some of the skeptics, right?

I actually know the bidder that won the House of Secrets 92 listed as a 9.4 a few months ago. He was planning to send this into CGC immediately to validate restoration or not.

It looked like a gorgeous book. Now I want to know more.

what seems to be sheer folly is the fact that you have these GEMS, for example, an Amazing Spider-man 2 in NM+ condition, apparently unrestored, and you are willing to sell it for a fraction of what it is worth because you don't want to wait 20 business days for it to come back from cgc. All I'm saying is, if I had these books and I knew them to be unrestored, I sure as heck would be trying to maximize their value by sending them in to a grading company.

So although raw eBay sellers do not guarantee CGC grades, I'm to be held to that implauible standard of guaranteering numerical grades on every listing?

To be fair, I think that would be unrealistic, but if you'd care to wager on the ASM #2...

I already did pose a wager. On it being unrestored. I was wrongly accused of listing a restored comic as unrestored. Nobody seems to want any part of backing up that accusation and accepting my wager. Not even the one(s) that made the accusations or commented on it. The gears were switched fairly quickly when I made that wager to a proposed wager that no seller of a raw comic in their right mind would make.

Dude! I can understand that with a restoration guarantee clearly stated in your auction, you aren't going to gain much by trying to sell restored books; no interest here in wagering purely based on restored / unrestored. Please humor me... Would you be willing to wager $5K, where you win if it comes back unrestored 9.6 or better and other party wins if it comes back 9.4 or lower. This bet is clearly stacked in your favor IF you truly believe it is an unrestored 9.6... Plus if you win, that should silence some of the skeptics, right?

you also have to take in to consideration that most of his customers are not going to send these in to cgc and will never detect resto even if it is there. Therefore he could make money with this guarentee.

Sounds like a good deal to me, if he truly thinks that book he is selling is what he's representing it as, which we all know is bull. A person's history is a person's history...

I don't bet. To me, the wager that the AS 2 is unrestored is a sure thing. I wouldn't wager my hard earned money if I thought I stood even an infinitesmal chance of losing. I'm not a gambler. Submission is gambling. You just don't know. I can't wager on the outcome where chance plays a major part on the result. I know what it should grade, but I can't guarantee if it will grade a particular number, and I won't wager if I stand a chance to lose.

I don't bet. To me, the wager that the AS 2 is unrestored is a sure thing. I wouldn't wager my hard earned money if I thought I stood even an infinitesmal chance of losing. I'm not a gambler. Submission is gambling. You just don't know. I can't wager on the outcome where chance plays a major part on the result. I know what it should grade, but I can't guarantee if it will grade a particular number, and I won't wager if I stand a chance to lose.

by this way of thinking you would not bet on whether the ASM 2 was restored or not either. CGC has made a few mistakes in detecting resto and have even made PLODs out of OO books.

Here is the challenge you all face in this contest. So what's to say the book pictured in the auction is what get's submitted into CGC? It's tough with a raw book to do this, so how do you overcome that hurdle?

Any identifying marks on the book listed that ComicKing can provide a much larger picture, front and back, and from there the contest is on?

To me, the grading challenge is fair as anyone selling books of that caliber and stating a clear grade, you have to be confident within at least one grade down. So how about a 9.4 to 9.6, and pictures to guarantee the book auctioned is the book submitted?

Does that help some?

Submitting comics into cgc is not like gambling, btw. They don't just randomly assign grades to books. If you have "chops" as a grader than you have a very good chance of having a very good idea of what those books are going to come back as. Look at pros like Matt Nelson, do you think he is "gambling" when he sends books in to cgc?

See I understand part of the game you play though. You sell more than unrestored books. You also sell overgraded books. And when we are talking about a 9.6 you can make a substancial amount of money just by selling a 9.0 or a 9.2 and advertising it as a 9.6. Most likely you probably do have an unrestored book. Now does that mean this is a 9.6? I severely doubt it. If you really wanted to put your money where your mouth is you would offer up the bet to include your 9.6. But as I am pretty sure you will not do that.

Like I've stated many times. I rent office space from RK. Also, I've made no secret about meeting him many years ago as he and I are both avid bowlers and participated in the same league. He introduced me to comics and I have had dealings with him, as I have also stated before.

Although Richard is no longer in the comic business and has nothing to do with the day to day operation of the corp., the corp. was easy to set it up that way, in my name, but with the office address that I was renting and the owner of the home as the owner of the property.

It was never changed because it wasn't necessary. On all accounts, I am the sole operator.

It's not set up in your name, it lists Richard Koos as the CEO. :gossip:

You can't list yourself as the CEO cause Perry Stroud does't exist in the state of New York. (tsk)

But, anyone can make up a dummy corporation and have an attorney file the papers for him. The only catch is that you have to actually list a real person as the CEO. (thumbs u

That's were your mother's companion Richard Koos comes into play.

Nice try Danny! :golfclap:

Hello Mr. ComicKing aka Robojo33 the seller with the most famous NM+ raw marvel silver age collection on ebay.

I have also asked you several times before on these forums. What is your real name again? and legit mailing address?

Why do you have a feedback on ebay that states- Seller cracks slabs of lower grade books then resells advertised at a higher grade? Apparently you are famous for something else besides restoration.

How do you keep getting all of these "gems"? Some collectors look for lifetimes to uncover the amount of stuff you got. And you dont even have a comic shop.....just and "office" that is "rented" from an identity you are accused of being.

I sincerely feel bad for the soul that pays 7-8K for that asm 2 and then subs it for it only to recieve and 8.5/8.0

it's should be obvious why the other two faces have been blurred, they are innocent and should not be involved in danny boy's crooked mess. (shrug)

dup.jpg

Wow, I get this "Sociopath" vibe from just the picture. Even though the faces are blurred it looks he does pick up some hot looking women. But don't all sociopaths?

This reminds me of that ebay seller Tommyfoxwood who a few months ago was posting scantily clad street urchins in his comic auctions on ebay :eek:

I think its unrealistic to hold him to a specific grade. Many people who sell raw books will do this and it could be plus or minus atleast .2

I'd be more concerned if it was restored or not. We'd need to see hi rez scans of the book pictured in auction before submission so we'd know it was the same book.

I think its unrealistic to hold him to a specific grade. Many people who sell raw books will do this and it could be plus or minus atleast .2

I'd be more concerned if it was restored or not. We'd need to see hi rez scans of the book pictured in auction before submission so we'd know it was the same book.

I believe holding him to a specific grade is probably due to the concept that he breaks, say, an 8.0 - 9.0 out of a slab, then photoshops the scans to improve the overall appearance of the book, then lists it as a much higher grade...

Well obviously you think that book has a chance at a 9.6, right? otherwise wtf are you doing putting 9.6 in the title.

If I had a ASM 2 that I thought had a real shot at a blue lable 9.6 I'd send it in.

You would be stupid not to see if you could realize a cgc 9.6 at the tune of 72k

That's all I'm saying...

Everything I buy raw gets listed raw.

Everything I buy slabbed gets listed slabbed.

No exceptions.

Its funny you should say that Perry......

ATTN: BIGGEST LIAR ON THE BOARDS

Ok folks, step right up and view THIS while you can...cause I am sure his photobucket acct will be deleted or private in no time.

2 of the slabs in his acct. are up right now on Ebay and are raw and WAY over graded!!!

the first one....original CGC grade before he cracked it out and put it for auction

GL40CGC75.jpg

HIS GRADED IN AUCTION...9.4 - 9.6

super cracker

NEXT UP A CRACKED RESTORED BOOK....

9.4 restored

REAL GRADE

Xmen65CTcgc70mystery.jpg

Now I am sure this images wont last long so I have saved them in my acct as well...so when they get deleted, I will repost them :devil:

:acclaim::acclaim::acclaim::acclaim::acclaim:

This guy must take members on this board for insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. Anyone, and I mean anyone with a brain in their heads would slab books like this if in the grade touted. If I could get two,three or more times the money on the flip, I sure as hell wouldnt mind waiting to get these books back, since you have a semmingly endless supply of them anyway, week after week. And answer NYCOMICS question. What is your name?

DRX

Hello Mr. ComicKing aka Robojo33 the seller with the most famous NM+ raw marvel silver age collection on ebay.

I have also asked you several times before on these forums. What is your real name again? and legit mailing address?

This guy must take members on this board for insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. Anyone, and I mean anyone with a brain in their heads would slab books like this if in the grade touted. If I could get two,three or more times the money on the flip, I sure as hell wouldnt mind waiting to get these books back, since you have a semmingly endless supply of them anyway, week after week. And answer NYCOMICS question. What is your name?

DRX

His name is Danny Stephen Dupcak. :gossip: