• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROBOJO 33 DISCUSSION Thread WARNING! ROBOJO inside!

422 posts in this topic

Hello Mr. ComicKing aka Robojo33 the seller with the most famous NM+ raw marvel silver age collection on ebay.

I have also asked you several times before on these forums. What is your real name again? and legit mailing address?

Why do you have a feedback on ebay that states- Seller cracks slabs of lower grade books then resells advertised at a higher grade? Apparently you are famous for something else besides restoration.

How do you keep getting all of these "gems"? Some collectors look for lifetimes to uncover the amount of stuff you got. And you dont even have a comic shop.....just and "office" that is "rented" from an identity you are accused of being.

I sincerely feel bad for the soul that pays 7-8K for that asm 2 and then subs it for it only to recieve and 8.5/8.0

I'm glad you asked about that particular feedback.

It was left for me by DonutsDad.

DonutsDad ordered 6 times. He was never satisfied with anything, returning orders 6 times. Each time I refunded his postage both ways, so he wasn't out a dime on any of the 6 orders.

I should have, but I never blocked him from bidding on my listings. Makes sense, right? If a buyer can't be satisfied, yet keeps ordering and keeps sending the item back, what's the point.

So the last comic we dealt on that generated his negative was an AS #37 NM-/NM. He bid and won it and I sent him an AS #37 that had been graded CGC 9.2!

He receives it and writes that I have a helluva' lot of nerve sending him a book that CGC wouldn't even grade 7.5!

He took it to some dealer and they both graded it 7.0. So I wrote him and sent the attachment of the CGC 9.2 label that came with it and stated, "7.0!? I actually sent you a CGC 9.2. A $700 book (at the time) for $400, just to see if you could possibly be satisfied with anything you purchase from me.

Bing, within 10 minutes I had my negative.. seller cracks CGC books, which is what he read on this forum, so he unloaded as he wrote me after I asked him very nicely why he would neg me, he stated, "to do you the most possible harm he could to my rep", I still have the email, and all for sending him a $2000 book for $400.

Did I say $2000? Yes I did.

From my feedback January 28th:

***graded the same at cgc! the only seller on ebay that i'll buy raw from. Buyer: elite.custom.classics ( 8 ) Jan-28-09 21:30

Reply by robojo33 (Jan-28-09 23:20):

AS#37 NM- 9.2 $377 2NDchance.CGCed 9.4! please see my 11/30 accusatory negative!

When DonutsDad (92.5% feedback) told me he was sending it back for a refund (including his postage both ways), I offered it on second chance to the underbidder.

I fully explained the situation to the underbidder and made clear that this was formerly a CGC 9.2 and the buyer was dissatisfied. The underbidder took it on second chance for $377, loved it, sent it for grading, and it came back 9.4 Blue.

What' the going rate thi month on an AS #37 9.4? About $2000?

I wanted to double post this so it's not missed as these are the type of "questionable" busines practices that go unnoticed when I'm discussed.

you are busted Perry....questionable is long over now.

I sincerely feel bad for the soul that pays 7-8K for that asm 2 and then subs it for it only to recieve and 8.5/8.0

I sincerely feel bad for anyone who buys a raw book that doesnt make the stated grade at CGC. Do you think that's a rare occurrence in this hobby. That the possibility of this AS 2 only grading 9.0 is the exception to the hobby rule, or the norm?

I also feel bad for the poor soul that sells a CGC 7.0 and then sees the same book threee months later in a CGC 9.0 slab for 10 times as much. Do you feel bad for them too, or only for those poor souls who buy a raw book that doesn't make the CGC grade?

I have every confidence that the AS #2 will perform well for the winner at grading time. Most buyers leave a margin of error in their bidding anyway to allow for a one or two tic difference.

From all of my listings:

PLEASE NOTE:

This comic is numerically graded by me using the published Overstreet guidelines. The grade assessed is not a CGC grade, a guarantee or implication of CGC grade. It is my opinion of what the comic should grade at CGC, but not a guarantee of what it will grade.

A specific numerical CGC grade cannot be guaranteed because CGC themselves do not guarantee grades, and there are no published CGC grading guidelines.

This is made evident by the thousands upon thousands of CGC graded comics that have graded differently when resubmitted a second time, one extreme case being a comic that once CGC Universal graded 4.0 eventually being given a 9.0 Universal grade by CGC, the same company that graded it 4.0 in the past!

What exactly does CGC guarantee?

I quote from the CGC label itself: "CGC guarantees this comic book to be genuine and be inspected by a minimum of three graders. The assigned grade represents our opinion, as grading is subjective."

As my regular buyers well know, on a whole, my comics do very well at CGC. Some grade slightly higher than the grades I list them at, an equal number grade slightly lower, and the majority grade the same, most notably of late an AS #129 that I listed at NM/MT that was graded 9.8 by CGC, an AS #9 I listed as NM/NM+ (meaning a high end 9.4, but not quite a solid 9.6) that was CGC graded 9.4, an AS #37 that I Iisted as 9.2, I was given a negative on by the buyer for "overgrading", yet 2 months later was graded CGC 9.4 for the second chance buyer, and many, many others.

In other words, there is an averaging out when it comes to the subjective art of grading, even among the best.

If you notice, the #37 that I received a negative on was mentioned.

Like I've stated many times. I rent office space from RK. Also, I've made no secret about meeting him many years ago as he and I are both avid bowlers and participated in the same league. He introduced me to comics and I have had dealings with him, as I have also stated before.

Although Richard is no longer in the comic business and has nothing to do with the day to day operation of the corp., the corp. was easy to set it up that way, in my name, but with the office address that I was renting and the owner of the home as the owner of the property.

It was never changed because it wasn't necessary. On all accounts, I am the sole operator.

It's not set up in your name, it lists Richard Koos as the CEO. :gossip:

You can't list yourself as the CEO cause Perry Stroud does't exist in the state of New York. (tsk)

But, anyone can make up a dummy corporation and have an attorney file the papers for him. The only catch is that you have to actually list a real person as the CEO. (thumbs u

That's were your mother's companion Richard Koos comes into play.

Nice try Danny! :golfclap:

Absolutely incorrect and this has been discussed to death before.

The NYS Department of State Division of Corporation Entity Information form speaks for itself. :gossip:

:bump:

Well obviously you think that book has a chance at a 9.6, right? otherwise wtf are you doing putting 9.6 in the title.

If I had a ASM 2 that I thought had a real shot at a blue lable 9.6 I'd send it in.

You would be stupid not to see if you could realize a cgc 9.6 at the tune of 72k

That's all I'm saying...

Everything I buy raw gets listed raw.

Everything I buy slabbed gets listed slabbed.

No exceptions.

Its funny you should say that Perry......

ATTN: BIGGEST LIAR ON THE BOARDS

Ok folks, step right up and view THIS while you can...cause I am sure his photobucket acct will be deleted or private in no time.

2 of the slabs in his acct. are up right now on Ebay and are raw and WAY over graded!!!

the first one....original CGC grade before he cracked it out and put it for auction

GL40CGC75.jpg

HIS GRADED IN AUCTION...9.4 - 9.6

super cracker

NEXT UP A CRACKED RESTORED BOOK....

9.4 restored

REAL GRADE

Xmen65CTcgc70mystery.jpg

Now I am sure this images wont last long so I have saved them in my acct as well...so when they get deleted, I will repost them :devil:

:acclaim::acclaim::acclaim::acclaim::acclaim:

It sure is good work. And who do you think supplied him with those scans?

Those were two books that I kept as examples of how dissimilar CGC grades can be on the same book.

I also have a scan of an AS 44 that I held because it's a great example of a VG/FN comic in an 8.0 slab:

Photobucket is undergoing maintainance, so I'll post the AS 44 later.

I bought that GL 40 as a NM comic. It was bought from a collector who bought it raw, as a NM. He submitted it to CGC and received a 9.2. This was no beginner, he knew how to grade and felt it was undergraded, as he full expected a 9.4 .

He waited 6 months and received it back 7.5!

Apparently, if a comic can go from 7.5 to 9.2, it can also go from 9.2 to 7.5 .

When he sold me the small collection, I was still very interested in the comic, GL 40s in this kind of immaculate shape not growing on trees.

Inide the slab, the book looked every bit of NM. A high end NM, and I paid him a percentage of a NM price.

what's the motto, "buy the book, not the label".

CGC is extremely tough on restored books. Anyone who has ever looked at a CGC 8.0 restored book that looked almost flawless, in or out of the slab, will verify that.

The X-Men 65 is one of those. It belongs in a slab graded less than 9.4 like I belong on the throne of England.

The GL 40 is a gorgeous book. It'll garner a grade somewhere in the 9s like it did the first time it was graded the third time around, I'm sure.

It's amazing how when things like this are discussed, everyone seems to forget that books grading differently on subsequent submisions are a common occurrence.

I sincerely feel bad for anyone who buys a raw book that doesnt make the stated grade at CGC. Do you think that's a rare occurrence in this hobby. That the possibility of this AS 2 only grading 9.0 is the exception to the hobby rule, or the norm?

I also feel bad for the poor soul that sells a CGC 7.0 and then sees the same book threee months later in a CGC 9.0 slab for 10 times as much. Do you feel bad for them too, or only for those poor souls who buy a raw book that doesn't make the CGC grade?

I have every confidence that the AS #2 will perform well for the winner at grading time. Most buyers leave a margin of error in their bidding anyway to allow for a one or two tic difference.

From all of my listings:

PLEASE NOTE:

This comic is numerically graded by me using the published Overstreet guidelines. The grade assessed is not a CGC grade, a guarantee or implication of CGC grade. It is my opinion of what the comic should grade at CGC, but not a guarantee of what it will grade.

A specific numerical CGC grade cannot be guaranteed because CGC themselves do not guarantee grades, and there are no published CGC grading guidelines.

This is made evident by the thousands upon thousands of CGC graded comics that have graded differently when resubmitted a second time, one extreme case being a comic that once CGC Universal graded 4.0 eventually being given a 9.0 Universal grade by CGC, the same company that graded it 4.0 in the past!

What exactly does CGC guarantee?

I quote from the CGC label itself: "CGC guarantees this comic book to be genuine and be inspected by a minimum of three graders. The assigned grade represents our opinion, as grading is subjective."

As my regular buyers well know, on a whole, my comics do very well at CGC. Some grade slightly higher than the grades I list them at, an equal number grade slightly lower, and the majority grade the same, most notably of late an AS #129 that I listed at NM/MT that was graded 9.8 by CGC, an AS #9 I listed as NM/NM+ (meaning a high end 9.4, but not quite a solid 9.6) that was CGC graded 9.4, an AS #37 that I Iisted as 9.2, I was given a negative on by the buyer for "overgrading", yet 2 months later was graded CGC 9.4 for the second chance buyer, and many, many others.

In other words, there is an averaging out when it comes to the subjective art of grading, even among the best.

If you notice, the #37 that I received a negative on was mentioned.

I think the concern is buying a raw 9.6 from you and getting back a graded 8.5

being off as much as .4 is understandable.

Being off by more than that is just plain misrepresentation.

Well obviously you think that book has a chance at a 9.6, right? otherwise wtf are you doing putting 9.6 in the title.

If I had a ASM 2 that I thought had a real shot at a blue lable 9.6 I'd send it in.

You would be stupid not to see if you could realize a cgc 9.6 at the tune of 72k

That's all I'm saying...

No exceptions.

Ok folks, step right up and view THIS while you can...cause I am sure his photobucket acct will be deleted or private in no time.

2 of the slabs in his acct. are up right now on Ebay and are raw and WAY over graded!!!

the first one....original CGC grade before he cracked it out and put it for auction

GL40CGC75.jpg

super cracker

9.4 restored

REAL GRADE

Xmen65CTcgc70mystery.jpg

Now I am sure this images wont last long so I have saved them in my acct as well...so when they get deleted, I will repost them :devil:

BTW, looking at the scans of these books, can you point out the flaws? And the X-men #65 is listed as restored. No surprise there.

That's all I'm saying...

No exceptions.

GL40CGC75.jpg

super cracker

9.4 restored

REAL GRADE

Xmen65CTcgc70mystery.jpg

Hello? ComicKing?

Hello?

Can we make the $15K wager when the XMen 65 comes up for auction? lol

That it's restore and will grade purple? Sure. Why not. I listed it as restored, didn't I?

Great work grinder, somehow robo never seems to answer the pertinent questions. And really no surprise he doesnt want to post pics of back covers, especially if they look like the asm 1. Im also assuming he has some of these pressed, although I think its already been discussed.

Ah and I just saw on the GL 40 the high bidders ID is kept private. I guess thats so we cant alert the poor to a restored book. Of course robo gives a full refund if it comes back restored. :D

Why would you want to alert someone to the GL 40? it's the X-Men #65 that's restored, not the GL 40, and the X-Men #65 is listed as restored, with the work disclosed.

The GL #40 hasn't any work to disclose.

Great work grinder, somehow robo never seems to answer the pertinent questions. And really no surprise he doesnt want to post pics of back covers, especially if they look like the asm 1. Im also assuming he has some of these pressed, although I think its already been discussed.

Ah and I just saw on the GL 40 the high bidders ID is kept private. I guess thats so we cant alert the poor to a restored book. Of course robo gives a full refund if it comes back restored. :D

Why would you want to alert someone to the GL 40? it's the X-Men #65 that's restored, not the GL 40, and the X-Men #65 is listed as restored, with the work disclosed.

You could disclose that the book was originally slabbed at a 7.5

because you overgraded it by 6 grades...duh!!! :makepoint:

All I can say is :acclaim:

Ironically, if someone cracks a slab on a grossly undergraded book to resubmit to CGC, that's OK. Then they're hailed as a genius for recognizing grossly undergraded books.

If someone cracks a slab on a grossly undergraded book, the same kind of gross undergrading that would prompt someone who recognizes just how grossly it's undergraded to resubmit it, but offers it raw at it's true grade, bypassing CGC by grading it the grade the seller believes it to be, that's not OK.

That's quite a double standard.

Ooooh, Robojo....how I hate thee. I bought an ASM #129, an IF #14, and others from you before I found this board. Don't kid yourself, you're a spooning crook. If you had any sort of conscience, you'd never get a wink of sleep. Your whole business model is based on paying off dissatisfied bidders, so they won't neg you via feedback However, when I bought my books from you, no such protections were in place. I have a PLOD on both ASM #129 & IF #14. You're a restorer,,,that's what you do. Fine, get a job restoring with Matt, and stop stealing from the populace. Ze-Man got a job that way, so quit being a thieving cockmonger.

Anyone else fell that when Dupkak chimes in, it's like catching a pervert outside your window, yanking his crank? Us honest people in here, he's on the outside peering in.

I've never sold an IF #14 (never even owned one). Not to anyone on eBay, nor to any of all the saints on this forum.

classic posturing....

I just wish someone would delete all the impage posts of dupecake as I'm gonna lose my lunch.

or at least photoshop him out or send the image with 12 year olds to DFYS.

crack and sell, crack and sell....wonder what the #2 ASM really was prior to his listing.

7.0 might be the lowest but who knows.

exactly, and the reason he KNOWS it's not restored is because his "bullet proof restoration detection" is actually cracking 7.0 blue label slabs. CGC already did the resto detection for him. :roflmao:

I was reading the article in the Overstreet Grading Guide last night on trimming, by Susan Cicconi (page 24). "Probably the most difficult detection". If these are 7.0 books or a little better hes cracking, then it would be close to impossible to detect micro-trimming and pressing to bring these books up to the alleged grades. Ive also talked to members here who say he uses non-flourescent inks on color touch that cant be detected under a light by CGC.

DRX

So is that the explanation as to why my unrestored listings are all returned blue? CGC just isn't catching it? I'm fooling them with invisible inks and their resto detection is lacking?

That's all I'm saying...

No exceptions.

GL40CGC75.jpg

super cracker

9.4 restored

REAL GRADE

Xmen65CTcgc70mystery.jpg

Hello? ComicKing?

Hello?

Can we make the $15K wager when the XMen 65 comes up for auction? lol

it is up for auction right now as a restored 9.4 9.4 restored

and it's every bit of NM, do you have the book in front of you? It's unflawed. No stresses, no creases, no earthly reason to be labeled 7.0 as far as I can imagine.