• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROBOJO 33 DISCUSSION Thread WARNING! ROBOJO inside!

422 posts in this topic

Great work grinder, somehow robo never seems to answer the pertinent questions. And really no surprise he doesnt want to post pics of back covers, especially if they look like the asm 1. Im also assuming he has some of these pressed, although I think its already been discussed.
All I can say is :acclaim:

Ironically, if someone cracks a slab on a grossly undergraded book to resubmit to CGC, that's OK. Then they're hailed as a genius for recognizing grossly undergraded books.

If someone cracks a slab on a grossly undergraded book, the same kind of gross undergrading that would prompt someone who recognizes just how grossly it's undergraded to resubmit it, but offers it raw at it's true grade, bypassing CGC by grading it the grade the seller believes it to be, that's not OK.

That's quite a double standard.

If thats true why not include

"Originally graded 7.5 by CGC but grossly undergraded IMO." in your Ebay sale?

Great work grinder, somehow robo never seems to answer the pertinent questions. And really no surprise he doesnt want to post pics of back covers, especially if they look like the asm 1. Im also assuming he has some of these pressed, although I think its already been discussed.
All I can say is :acclaim:

Ironically, if someone cracks a slab on a grossly undergraded book to resubmit to CGC, that's OK. Then they're hailed as a genius for recognizing grossly undergraded books.

If someone cracks a slab on a grossly undergraded book, the same kind of gross undergrading that would prompt someone who recognizes just how grossly it's undergraded to resubmit it, but offers it raw at it's true grade, bypassing CGC by grading it the grade the seller believes it to be, that's not OK.

That's quite a double standard.

If thats true why not include

"Originally graded 7.5 by CGC but grossly undergraded IMO." in your Ebay sale?

because it would never sell for the grossly over graded amount

Well obviously you think that book has a chance at a 9.6, right? otherwise wtf are you doing putting 9.6 in the title.

If I had a ASM 2 that I thought had a real shot at a blue lable 9.6 I'd send it in.

You would be stupid not to see if you could realize a cgc 9.6 at the tune of 72k

That's all I'm saying...

Everything I buy raw gets listed raw.

Everything I buy slabbed gets listed slabbed.

No exceptions.

Its funny you should say that Perry......

ATTN: BIGGEST LIAR ON THE BOARDS

Ok folks, step right up and view THIS while you can...cause I am sure his photobucket acct will be deleted or private in no time.

2 of the slabs in his acct. are up right now on Ebay and are raw and WAY over graded!!!

the first one....original CGC grade before he cracked it out and put it for auction

GL40CGC75.jpg

HIS GRADED IN AUCTION...9.4 - 9.6

super cracker

NEXT UP A CRACKED RESTORED BOOK....

9.4 restored

REAL GRADE

Xmen65CTcgc70mystery.jpg

Now I am sure this images wont last long so I have saved them in my acct as well...so when they get deleted, I will repost them :devil:

:acclaim::acclaim::acclaim::acclaim::acclaim:

It sure is good work. And who do you think supplied him with those scans?

Those were two books that I kept as examples of how dissimilar CGC grades can be on the same book.

I also have a scan of an AS 44 that I held because it's a great example of a VG/FN comic in an 8.0 slab:

Photobucket is undergoing maintainance, so I'll post the AS 44 later.

I bought that GL 40 as a NM comic. It was bought from a collector who bought it raw, as a NM. He submitted it to CGC and received a 9.2. This was no beginner, he knew how to grade and felt it was undergraded, as he full expected a 9.4 .

He waited 6 months and received it back 7.5!

Apparently, if a comic can go from 7.5 to 9.2, it can also go from 9.2 to 7.5 .

When he sold me the small collection, I was still very interested in the comic, GL 40s in this kind of immaculate shape not growing on trees.

Inide the slab, the book looked every bit of NM. A high end NM, and I paid him a percentage of a NM price.

what's the motto, "buy the book, not the label".

CGC is extremely tough on restored books. Anyone who has ever looked at a CGC 8.0 restored book that looked almost flawless, in or out of the slab, will verify that.

The X-Men 65 is one of those. It belongs in a slab graded less than 9.4 like I belong on the throne of England.

The GL 40 is a gorgeous book. It'll garner a grade somewhere in the 9s like it did the first time it was graded the third time around, I'm sure.

It's amazing how when things like this are discussed, everyone seems to forget that books grading differently on subsequent submisions are a common occurrence.

Wow, what a steaming pile of bu!!.... lol

A quick call for the grader's notes will confirm the book has a flaw that earned it a 7.5.

I just don't get where all of the positive feedback comes from. And who can just commit to spending that much money through ebay like that and not do an in person deal for that kind of cash.

That is like ordering a car off of a car commercial without taking it for a test drive before you buy it.

Because some people just aren't willing to educate themselves, some people would rather eat it than complain, some people are not that bright, any combination thereof.....

So you feel that the forum should dictate who buys what from whom, what books are graded, and in general, be in control of the entire hobby?

In the final analysis, it doesn't work that way. The important components in a transaction are the buyer and seller. If they are in agreement with one another. Th buyer must be satisfied with a sale.

It's fairly unrealistic to expect a buyer for any item anywhere to seek complete approval from the public on any transaction.

Buyers do speak up if dissatisfied and they are taken care of, bette than any other seller for that matter.

These are two gorgeous books in lowballed slabs.

You didn't post this one grinder:

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii103/Stroud_comics/0AS44CGC80.jpg

That's some 8.0, isn't it?

On that day, CGC saw it as an 8.0. Grading is subjective. I don't see it that way though, and I'm allowed to disagree because grading is subjective.

If a 5.0 can be slabbed 8.0, why is it hard to imagine that a 9.2 or 9.4 can be slabbed 7.5. Don't 7.5s get sudden jumps to 9.2 and 9.4?

Buy the book, not the label. It's stated thousands of times on this forum, except for when it pertain to omething that I'm offering.

I just don't get where all of the positive feedback comes from. And who can just commit to spending that much money through ebay like that and not do an in person deal for that kind of cash.

That is like ordering a car off of a car commercial without taking it for a test drive before you buy it.

Because some people just aren't willing to educate themselves, some people would rather eat it than complain, some people are not that bright, any combination thereof.....

So you feel that the forum should dictate who buys what from whom, what books are graded, and in general, be in control of the entire hobby?

In the final analysis, it doesn't work that way. The important components in a transaction are the buyer and seller. If they are in agreement with one another. Th buyer must be satisfied with a sale.

It's fairly unrealistic to expect a buyer for any item anywhere to seek complete approval from the public on any transaction.

Buyers do speak up if dissatisfied and they are taken care of, bette than any other seller for that matter.

On that day, CGC saw it as an 8.0. Grading is subjective. I don't see it that way though, and I'm allowed to disagree because grading is subjective.

If a 5.0 can be slabbed 8.0, why is it hard to imagine that a 9.2 or 9.4 can be slabbed 7.5. Don't 7.5s get sudden jumps to 9.2 and 9.4?

Buy the book, not the label. It's stated thousands of times on this forum, except for when it pertain to omething that I'm offering.

No exceptions.

No exceptions.

still spewing at the mouth I see.

Ah and I just saw on the GL 40 the high bidders ID is kept private. I guess thats so we cant alert the poor to a restored book. Of course robo gives a full refund if it comes back restored. :D

Why would you want to alert someone to the GL 40? it's the X-Men #65 that's restored, not the GL 40, and the X-Men #65 is listed as restored, with the work disclosed.

The GL #40 hasn't any work to disclose.

because you overgraded it by 6 grades...duh!!! :makepoint:

No. The way I see it, CGC undergraded it 5 grades, 9.4 to 7.5 is 5 grades. It's a beautifully, near flawless 9.4 by Overstreet Guideline standards. No creases, One or two microscopic spine tics, a pure white background and no back cover flaws.

He also shills most of his auctions to get the most $$$ for his books. Hence the private auctions.

Also, when he wins a few of them he automatically applies for a ebay credit for non paying bidder. And when ebay is not looking, he'll leave himself positive feedback describing his accurate grading skills. meh

And you have proof of this?

No exceptions.

AHEM!!!!!

Do you ever stop lying?

double post :sumo:
you see...you posted this in an attempt to deceive....now you're caught with your head up your :censored: and there isnt no amount of lying and deceiving you can do to take that back. You sir are a compulsive liar....you cant stop...even when you are caught dead to rights. SAD, VERY SAD.

Please respond to comicgrinder's findings.... :makepoint:

I did. Should I repost it. I made no secret of telling people about a NM book in a 7.5 slab. There are thousands of examples in the heritage permanent archives showing 7.5s that later graded 9.0 to 9.4 without any alteration at all.

Has everyone forgotten?

If everyone is such a firm believer that once a comic is slabbed by CGC, it should stay slabbed, why do so many here admit to cracking slabs, some cracking hundreds, not to read, but to resell at what they believe it to be, or resubmit it.

If a book once graded should stay that way, what are resubmisions? Unethical? Dishonest?

Why is it constantly being done if a CGC graded book should stay that way forevermore?

He also shills most of his auctions to get the most $$$ for his books. Hence the private auctions.

Also, when he wins a few of them he automatically applies for a ebay credit for non paying bidder. And when ebay is not looking, he'll leave himself positive feedback describing his accurate grading skills. meh

And you have proof of this?

Such as..... a legal document listing Richard Koos as the CEO of your corporation? That kind of proof? The incontrovertible, rock solid kind? If he provided said proof, would you have a completely nonsensical story to explain it away?

I did. Should I repost it. I made no secret of telling people about a NM book in a 7.5 slab. There are thousands of examples in the heritage permanent archives showing 7.5s that later graded 9.0 to 9.4 without any alteration at all.

Has everyone forgotten?

If everyone is such a firm believer that once a comic is slabbed by CGC, it should stay slabbed, why do so many here admit to cracking slabs, some cracking hundreds, not to read, but to resell at what they believe it to be, or resubmit it.

If a book once graded should stay that way, what are resubmisions? Unethical? Dishonest?

Why is it constantly being done if a CGC graded book should stay that way forevermore?

Where did you buy the book? The CGC 7.5 that is supposedly NM? What are the grader's notes going to say?

And if it is that clearly an NM, why not resub it? If you don't, and you supposedly know it had previously been a 9.2, as your 'story' states, you are a m0ron. lol

(tsk) Danny only responds to what he wants to respond to.

I have no idea what "Danny" does or doesn't respond to, I can only speak for myself. There's 50 people here to answer to, and only one of me, and I can only type so fast and spend so much time wasted here, becaue whatever I do answer is ignored anyway and you all make up your own truths via your own interpretations of your findings.

Anyone else with my track record and committmnt to buyer satisfaction and guarantees would be praised, and not hounded.

Has everyone forgotten?

I DONT RECALL THIS IN THE EBAY LISTING .....but as long as the buyer is happy right :screwy:

oh yeah...

No exceptions.

No exceptions.

No exceptions.

No exceptions.

No exceptions.

No exceptions.

No exceptions.

No exceptions.

No exceptions.

No exceptions.

AHEM!!!!!

Do you ever stop lying?

Would you sell an obviously NM book as a 7.5? Have you ever seen a grossly undergraded book?

here again is a grosly overgraded book:

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr337/Robotics223/AS44CGC80.jpg

When I do list this, it will be mentioned that in my opinion, it is no better than VG/FN to FN-.

Given this 5.0 in an 8.0 slab, is it conceivable that a 9.4 quality book may be given a 7.5?

Haven't we all seen many CGC 7.5s that later were graded 9.0 to 9.4 without any visible difference in the appearance of the comic and no mention made of all the grades it's received on previous submissions?

Now, cracking an undergraded book out of a slab is a bad thing?

I thought it was a good thing at times.

Can you please explain to me when cracking what one believes to be a horribly misgraded book out to offer it as it's honestly perceived to be is a good thing and when it's a bad thing?

Is it only a bad thing when I'm the one who recognized it fr what it was? I did pay a NM price for it, did used to show it to people as an example of gross undergrading and made it very clear to all I showed it to that when the time ame to offer it, it would be offered as it really was and as it was bought.

That's what it was doing in my very public file. I mde no secret of that book or the X-Men #65 or the AS #44. Those three books were my "grossly overgraded and undergraded" examples that I sent when people ask why I don't guarantee the grades..

I'll offer the AS #44 this Sunday and call the grade like it is, just like I called the grade for what it is on the GL #40 and X-men #65, two books that have flabbergasted anyone I showed them to in those slabs.

And BTW, I didn't buy the GL 40 or X-Men #65 as CGCed books graded like they were. I bought the GL 40 as a NM book (slabbed 7.5) and the X-Men #65 as a restored NM and pai a percentage of the going raw rate at the time for GL 40 NM and X-Men #65 restored NM.

The books are gorgeous. Buy the book, not the label, right?